What religion do your personal beliefs resemble? | Page 5 | INFJ Forum

What religion do your personal beliefs resemble?

1. Secular Humanism (100%)
2. Unitarian Universalism (100%)
3. Liberal Quakers - Religious Society of Friends (87%)
4. Non-theist (74%)
5. Taoism (70%)
6. New Age (68%)
7. New Thought (66%)
8. Mainline - Liberal Christian Protestants (65%)
9. Neo-Pagan (57%)
10. Theravada Buddhism (52%)
11. Scientology (52%)
12. Reform Judaism (51%)
13. Mahayana Buddhism (51%)
14. Christian Science Church of Christ, Scientist (49%)
15. Orthodox Quaker - Religious Society of Friends (42%)
16. Sikhism (41%)
17. Jainism (35%)
18. Bahai (27%)
19. Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints (Mormons) (23%)
20. Hinduism (23%)
21. Mainline - Conservative Christian Protestant (17%)
22. Islam (16%)
23. Orthodox Judaism (10%)
24. Seventh Day Adventist (9%)
25. Eastern Orthodox (7%)
26. Roman Catholic (7%)
27. Jehovahs Witness (0%)

Not very surprising, the first two are exceptionally accurate.

1. Hinduism (100%)
2. Unitarian Universalism (88%)
3. Liberal Quakers - Religious Society of Friends (86%)
4. Mahayana Buddhism (85%)
5. Christian Science Church of Christ, Scientist (74%)
6. New Thought (74%)
7. New Age (69%)
8. Taoism (69%)
9. Neo-Pagan (66%)
10. Jainism (60%)
11. Sikhism (58%)
12. Scientology (52%)
13. Theravada Buddhism (29%)
14. Mainline - Liberal Christian Protestants (28%)
15. Bahai (26%)
16. Orthodox Quaker - Religious Society of Friends (23%)
17. Reform Judaism (22%)
18. Seventh Day Adventist (18%)
19. Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints (Mormons) (16%)
20. Secular Humanism (15%)
21. Eastern Orthodox (11%)
22. Islam (11%)
23. Jehovahs Witness (11%)
24. Mainline - Conservative Christian Protestant (11%)
25. Orthodox Judaism (11%)
26. Roman Catholic (11%)
27. Non-theist (5%)

I'd actually posit myself as being closer to a mix between Taoism and New Thought, but to be much more precise I am a dialetheist.

Last edited:
1. Unitarian Universalism (100%)
2. New Thought (95%)
3. Taoism (95%)
4. Liberal Quakers - Religious Society of Friends (81%)
5. New Age (81%)
6. Secular Humanism (81%)
7. Christian Science Church of Christ, Scientist (77%)
8. Mahayana Buddhism (77%)
9. Neo-Pagan (72%)
10. Scientology (64%)
11. Theravada Buddhism (60%)
12. Hinduism (58%)
13. Non-theist (58%)
14. Mainline - Liberal Christian Protestants (57%)
15. Reform Judaism (54%)
16. Sikhism (39%)
17. Orthodox Quaker - Religious Society of Friends (35%)
18. Jainism (34%)
19. Bahai (17%)
20. Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints (Mormons) (11%)
21. Seventh Day Adventist (9%)
22. Mainline - Conservative Christian Protestant (7%)
23. Eastern Orthodox (0%)
24. Islam (0%)
25. Jehovahs Witness (0%)
26. Orthodox Judaism (0%)
27. Roman Catholic (0%)

Results:

1. Unitarian Universalism [100%]
2. Liberal Quackers-Religious Society of Friends [86%]
3. New Thought [85%]

4. Christian Science Church of Christ, Scientist [85%]
5. Mainline-Liberal Christian Protestants [80%]
6. Hinduism [80%]
7. Mahayana Buddhism [77%]
8. Scientology [75%] Xenuuuuuuu. ROFL!
9. Taoism [74%]
10. Neo-Pagan [70%]
11. Jainism [69%]
12. New Age [69%]
13. Reform Judaism [66%]
14. Orthodox Quaker-Religious Society of Friends [65%]
15. Theravada Buddhism [65%]
16. Sikhism [64%]
17. Secular Humanism [57%]
18. Bahai [48%]
19. Mainline-Conservative Christian Protestant [48%]
20. Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints(Mormons) [44%]
21. Eastern Orthodox [43%]
22. Roman Catholic [43%]
23. Islam [42%]
24. Non-theist [38%]
25. Orthodox Judaism [35%]
26. Seven Day Adventist [35%]
27. Jehovah's Witness [22%]

Description of top three:

UNITARIAN UNIVERSALISM
A tradition that values spiritual seeking, acceptance of diverse and liberal spiritual and philosophical beliefs that are not necessarily based on the precepts of an established religion. Comprised of mostly Non-theists (atheists, agnostics etc.), Humanists, Liberal Christians, Neopagans, New Age spirituality, Jews, Buddhists, Hindus, etc. (Note: Some UU churches are led by Christian ministers, but this is not to be confused with the Christian Universalist church )Belief in Deity: Very diverse deity beliefs, as Unitarian Universalists (UU) welcome all deity beliefs as well as non-theistic. The UU tradition does not generally offer deity-centered services; few UU believe in a corporeal or incorporeal "personal" God. Many believe in a universal life spirit or force within that connects all, which some UU refer to as "God."
Incarnations: Very diverse beliefs, but most do not believe in a supernatural deity nor incarnation as such; many believe that all are the embodiment of God. Some believe Christ is God's Son; most view Christ as an important figure, a "wayshower," exemplary of the power of love, compassion, and humanitarian values.
Origins of universe/life: Diverse beliefs; most believe in the Bible as symbolic and that natural processes such as evolution account for the origins of the universe and life.
After death: Diverse beliefs; most believe that heaven and hell are not actual places but symbolic. Some believe heaven and hell are states of consciousness either in life or continuing after death; some believe in reincarnation; many believe that a supernatural afterlife is nonexistent or not known or not important, and that actions in life are all that matter. Many believe that one lives on through their legacy and memories held by those they impacted in life.
Why evil? Diverse beliefs. Some believe wrong is committed when people distance themselves from God. Some believe in ?karma" in the sense that "what goes around comes around." Many believe wrongdoing is a matter of human nature, psychology, sociology, etc.
Salvation: Some believe in salvation through faith in God and Jesus Christ, along with doing good works and doing no harm to others. Many believe all will be saved, as God is good and forgiving. Some believe in reincarnation and the necessity to eliminate personal greed or to learn all of life?s lessons before achieving enlightenment or salvation. For many, the concepts of salvation or enlightenment are irrelevant or disbelieved, or that you achieve your highest level of actualization through devotion to humanitarian works.
Undeserved suffering: Diverse beliefs. It would be a rare Unitarian Universalists that believes that a literal Satan causes suffering. Some believe suffering is part of God?s plan, will, or design even if we don?t immediately understand it. Many don't believe in any spiritual reasons for suffering, but turn their attention to reducing suffering.
Contemporary Issues: The Unitarian Universalist Association's stance is to protect the personal right to choose abortion. Other contemporary views include working for equality for homosexuals, gender equality, a secular approach to divorce and remarriage, working to end poverty, promoting peace and non-violence, and environmental protection. Humanitarian work is intergral to the church, including social justice, human rights, and charity.

LIBERAL QUAKER
Liberal Quakers have been referred to as Hicksites, supporters of the influential 19th century liberal Quaker Elias Hicks; similar to Beanite Quaker. (Note other Quaker groups: Wilburites are traditional; Gurneyites are progressive, evangelical, and bible-centered; Orthodox are Christocentric churches.)
Belief in Deity: Diverse beliefs, from belief in a personal God as an incorporeal spirit to questioning belief in a personal God.Incarnations: Beliefs vary from the literal to the symbolic belief in Jesus Christ as God's incarnation. Most believe we are all sons and daughters of God with the main focus on experiencing and listening to God, the Light within, accessible to all.Origin of universe and life: Emphasis is placed on spiritual truths as revealed to each individual. Many believe that God created/controls all events/process that modern scientists are uncovering about origins. Many believe in scientific accounts alone, or don't profess to know.After death: Few liberal Quakers believe in direct reward and punishment, heaven and hell, or second coming of Christ. The primary focus is non-dogmatic -- God is love, love is eternal, and our actions in life should reflect love for all of humanity.Why evil? Beliefs vary, as the focus is not on why, but how to eliminate wrongs, especially violence. Many believe that violence against another human is violence against God. Many Quakers believe that lack of awareness of God's divine light within all may result in wrongdoing. Many believe that evil is simply an unfortunate part of human nature that we all must work to eliminate.Salvation: Diverse beliefs as there is a de-emphasis on dogma. Most believe that all will be saved as God is good and forgiving, and the divine light of God is available to all. Good works, especially social work and peace efforts, are viewed as integral to the salvation of humanity, regardless of belief or non-belief in an afterlife.Undeserved Suffering: Liberal Quakers do not believe that Satan causes suffering. Some believe suffering is part of God's plan, will, or design even if we don't immediately understand it. Some don't believe in any spiritual reasons for suffering. Quakers focus on reducing human suffering, especially that caused by social injustice or violence.Contemporary Issues: Views vary, some maintaining that abortion violates Quaker commitment to nonviolence, but many view the right to choose abortion as an aspect of equal rights for women, and/or as a personal matter between the woman and God. The American Friends Service Committee (an independent Quaker organization with participants of many faiths that provides international programs for economic and social justice, peace, humanitarian aid) supports the woman?s right to choose abortion per her own conscience. Very accepting of homesexual behavior and supportive of homosexual rights.

CHRISTIAN SCIENCE ("Church of Christ, Scientist")
by SelectSmart.com staff, © 2009
Belief in Deities: God is incorporeal Spirit -- creative Principle, supreme, omnipotent Father-Mother, omnipresent, omniscient -- the only intelligence and all that actually exists. God is Mind, Spirit, Soul, Principle, Life, Truth, and Love. "God is All-in-all."Incarnations: We are all incarnations of God. Jesus was the Christ, divine Exemplar, and the divine idea of ?sonship -- the Master. Jesus showed the way (the ?Wayshower?) for all to realize Truth, which is God. We are all sons/daughters of God.Origin of universe and life: The universe and humans are reflections of God's likeness and image, which is Spirit -- without beginning or end. Illusions, or delusions, of a material world and material body result from error in thought and ignorance of the true and only nature of reality, which is spiritual. God is all that truly exists.After death: Death is the belief in death. There is no death as humans are immortal Spirit. After that which we call "death," spiritual development toward Truth continues until all evil, or ?error,? destroys itself. Heaven and hell are not places, but states of consciousness that continue after death. ?Heaven? is the self-made eternal bliss of realizing oneness with God. ?Hell? is the self-made anguish of believing in pain and death.Why evil? Evil is the belief in evil. God is all that is real and God is completely good; therefore, good is real and evil is an illusion/delusion. The only power evil has is to destroy itself; attempts to destroy good naturally result in punishment for the evildoer. Sin creates its own hell. Not realizing one's true nature as Spirit results in selfishness, which can lead to error and disharmony.Salvation: Salvation lies in bringing oneself into harmony with one's true nature as God's reflection, through good works, patience, meekness, love, watchfulness, prayerful gratitude, devout obedience in following Christ's example. There are two basic commandments: that one turn only to God, perfect Mind, for guidance -- the Mind that was also in Christ; and, that one "love thy neighbor as thyself." Healing and immortality are achieved through consciousness that the only true reality is God, which is Love, and that one's true and only nature is in God's likeness. As one realizes the error of belief in the reality of suffering and evil, these images of thought impressed upon the mortal mind can be altered, thus banishing sickness, death, and sin -- testimony to the power of faith in God, of Mind over matter.Why suffering: Suffering is the belief in suffering, an illusion/delusion (or error) of mortal thought.Issues: The church claims no position on abortion. Conventional medicine is not forbidden, but is often eschewed even in cases of serious conditions, as a basic tenet of the faith is that sickness is illusion and that Christian Science healing is effective. Christian Science Practitioners may be called upon to provide healing prayers and consultation on treatment. Homosexuality is sometimes regarded by adherents negatively, as a condition that requires healing through Christian Science practices. The Mother Church has recently (mid-2000s) extended a welcoming and non-judgmental stance regarding sexual orientation.

-Anna

1. Taoism (100%)
2. Unitarian Universalism (91%)
3. New Age (90%)
4. Mahayana Buddhism (88%)
5. Liberal Quakers - Religious Society of Friends (86%)
6. Neo-Pagan (83%)
7. New Thought (82%)
8. Theravada Buddhism (70%)
9. Hinduism (69%)
10. Jainism (68%)
11. Christian Science Church of Christ, Scientist (65%)
12. Scientology (62%)
13. Sikhism (59%)
14. Mainline - Liberal Christian Protestants (54%)
15. Secular Humanism (51%)
16. Reform Judaism (43%)
17. Orthodox Quaker - Religious Society of Friends (39%)
18. Non-theist (28%)
19. Bahai (25%)
20. Seventh Day Adventist (15%)
21. Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints (Mormons) (14%)
22. Jehovahs Witness (14%)
23. Islam (12%)
24. Mainline - Conservative Christian Protestant (10%)
25. Orthodox Judaism (9%)
26. Eastern Orthodox (4%)
27. Roman Catholic (4%)

I dont identify with any religion.

i was raise an RC

1. Unitarian Universalism (100%)
2. Liberal Quakers - Religious Society of Friends (92%)
3. Mahayana Buddhism (83%)
4. Taoism (80%)
5. Neo-Pagan (79%)
6. Sikhism (75%)
7. New Thought (72%)
8. New Age (70%)
9. Mainline - Liberal Christian Protestants (69%)
10. Hinduism (68%)
11. Theravada Buddhism (66%)
12. Jainism (65%)
13. Reform Judaism (64%)
14. Christian Science Church of Christ, Scientist (63%)
15. Secular Humanism (63%)
16. Scientology (54%) o
17. Orthodox Quaker - Religious Society of Friends (47%)
18. Bahai (38%)
19. Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints (Mormons) (33%)
20. Non-theist (30%)
21. Seventh Day Adventist (21%)
22. Islam (19%)
23. Orthodox Judaism (19%)
24. Mainline - Conservative Christian Protestant (16%)
25. Jehovahs Witness (16%)
26. Eastern Orthodox (11%)
27. Roman Catholic (11%)

1. Taoism (100%)
2. Unitarian Universalism (95%)
3. Liberal Quakers - Religious Society of Friends (88%)
4. Mahayana Buddhism (85%)
5. Secular Humanism (83%)
6. New Age (79%)
7. Theravada Buddhism (79%)
8. Neo-Pagan (70%)
9. Hinduism (66%)
10. New Thought (64%)
11. Jainism (59%)
12. Non-theist (59%)
13. Christian Science Church of Christ, Scientist (53%)
14. Mainline - Liberal Christian Protestants (53%)
15. Scientology (53%)
16. Sikhism (48%)
17. Reform Judaism (44%)
18. Orthodox Quaker - Religious Society of Friends (39%)
19. Bahai (21%)
20. Seventh Day Adventist (17%)
21. Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints (Mormons) (9%)
22. Jehovahs Witness (7%)
23. Mainline - Conservative Christian Protestant (6%)
24. Islam (3%)
25. Orthodox Judaism (2%)
26. Eastern Orthodox (0%)
27. Roman Catholic (0%)

---

Haha, my lowest result made me smile fondly. I was raised Roman Catholic. :)

Secular humanism is likely the most accurate, and the Pagan-ish stuff probably because I think nature is pretty damned awesome. I was really surprised, though, at how much of a visceral, bristling, angry reaction I had to the questions pertaining to the "ultimate reward." I have interacted with people who expressed that their actions were fueled by what might happen them in the afterlife, but nothing is certain what might come after life - and, even then, I strongly, strongly feel that a reward shouldn't be necessary to do the right thing, to, for example, treat life with decency and care. If there's any reward, it's in the actions themselves, in the resulting well-being of those around you. I shouldn't need the prospect of heaven to influence my actions, and it almost reminds me of children only not acting out because otherwise they would then be punished - not because they actually understand that it's the wrong thing to do, or because they wouldn't want to hurt others. I know this isn't true for for many people, but still... I find the idea of an "ultimate reward" somewhat nauseating.

[MENTION=4598]hush[/MENTION] I feel the same way. Doing things for ultimate reward and avoiding punishment is nauseating. Takes all the joy out of living and appreciating this earth.

I noticed you also got 100% for taoism. I have learnt a bit about taosim and dont really relate to it. It has some great ideas, and I like it more than most other religions but I just dont relate to it. I am irreligious and dont follow any rules, rituals or religious guides. How do you feel about taoism?

1. New Age (100%)

2. Taoism (88%)

3. Neo-Pagan (83%)

4. Unitarian Universalism (83%)

5. New Thought (81%)

6. Liberal Quakers - Religious Society of Friends (63%)

7. Mahayana Buddhism (62%)

8. Secular Humanism (58%)

9. Christian Science Church of Christ, Scientist (53%)

10. Scientology (53%)

11. Sikhism (52%)

12. Theravada Buddhism (50%)

13. Hinduism (50%)

14. Jainism (50%)

15. Mainline - Liberal Christian Protestants (48%)

16. Reform Judaism (48%)

17. Non-theist (34%)

18. Orthodox Quaker - Religious Society of Friends (21%)

19. Bahai (9%)

20. Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints (Mormons) (9%)

21. Orthodox Judaism (8%)

22. Mainline - Conservative Christian Protestant (6%)

23. Eastern Orthodox (0%)

24. Islam (0%)

25. Jehovahs Witness (0%)

26. Roman Catholic (0%)

27. Seventh Day Adventist (0%)

1. Taoism (100%)
2. Mahayana Buddhism (94%)
3. Theravada Buddhism (94%)
4. Unitarian Universalism (90%)
5. New Age (82%)
6. Sikhism (78%)
7. Jainism (78%)
8. Hinduism (70%)
9. Liberal Quakers - Religious Society of Friends (69%)
10. Neo-Pagan (69%)
11. Secular Humanism (63%)
12. New Thought (63%)

Celtic Reconstructionist Pagan Tradition (100%)
Finnish Paganism (100%)
Romuva Pagan Tradition (100%)
Celtic Wicca Pagan Tradition (80%)
Hellenic Pagan Tradition (80%)
Numinism Pagan Tradition (80%)
Old English Heathenry Pagan Tradition (80%)
Slavic Pagan Tradition (80%)
Asatru Pagan Tradition (60%)
Eclectic Wicca Pagan Tradition (60%)

1. Secular Humanism (100%)
  2. Non-theist (86%)
  3. Unitarian Universalism (78%)

NO suprise here... I loved that the picture they used for Secular Humanism was my boyhood hero too..

sechum.jpg

Your top match for Spiritual Belief System Selector is:
New Age

Your Complete Results:
1. New Age (100%)
2. Hinduism (98%)
3. New Thought (96%)
4. Taoism (84%)
5. Unitarian Universalism (80%)
6. Christian Science Church of Christ, Scientist (80%)
7. Scientology (77%)
8. Jainism (74%)
9. Mahayana Buddhism (74%)
10. Neo-Pagan (71%)
11. Liberal Quakers - Religious Society of Friends (64%)
12. Theravada Buddhism (48%)
13. Sikhism (44%)
14. Mainline - Liberal Christian Protestants (29%)
15. Reform Judaism (29%)
16. Secular Humanism (26%)
17. Orthodox Quaker - Religious Society of Friends (25%)
18. Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints (Mormons) (23%)
19. Orthodox Judaism (21%)
20. Eastern Orthodox (15%)
21. Islam (15%)
22. Jehovahs Witness (15%)
23. Roman Catholic (15%)
24. Mainline - Conservative Christian Protestant (12%)
25. Seventh Day Adventist (11%)
26. Bahai (7%)
27. Non-theist (3%)

Non-theist

Go figure

1. Neo-Pagan (100%) Info & Notes
2. Unitarian Universalism (96%) Info & Notes
3. Liberal Quakers - Religious Society of Friends (95%) Info & Notes
4. Taoism (91%) Info & Notes
5. New Age (90%) Info & Notes
6. Mahayana Buddhism (84%) Info & Notes
7. New Thought (79%) Info & Notes
8. Mainline - Liberal Christian Protestants (79%) Info & Notes
9. Orthodox Quaker - Religious Society of Friends (78%) Info & Notes
10. Sikhism (76%) Info & Notes
11. Reform Judaism (76%) Info & Notes
12. Hinduism (76%) Info & Notes
13. Theravada Buddhism (69%) Info & Notes
14. Bahai (67%) Info & Notes
15. Jainism (64%) Info & Notes
16. Christian Science Church of Christ, Scientist (63%) Info & Notes
17. Scientology (61%) Info & Notes
18. Seventh Day Adventist (55%) Info & Notes
19. Islam (51%) Info & Notes
20. Orthodox Judaism (50%) Info & Notes
21. Secular Humanism (50%) Info & Notes
22. Mainline - Conservative Christian Protestant (44%) Info & Notes
23. Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints (Mormons) (42%) Info & Notes
24. Eastern Orthodox (42%) Info & Notes
25. Roman Catholic (42%) Info & Notes
26. Jehovahs Witness (37%) Info & Notes
27. Non-theist (28%)

Your top match for Spiritual Belief System Selector is:

Unitarian Universalism
Unitarian Universalism, or Unitarianism,[SUP][2][/SUP][SUP][3][/SUP][SUP][4][/SUP] is a liberal religion characterized by a "free and responsible search for truth and meaning".[SUP][5][/SUP] Unitarian Universalists do not share a creed, but are unified by their shared search forspiritual growth. The roots of Unitarian Universalism are in liberal Christianity, specifically Unitarianism and Christian Universalism. From these traditions comes a deep regard for intellectual freedom and inclusive love, so that currently individual congregations and members actively seek inspiration in and derive spiritual practices from all major world religions.[SUP][6][/SUP]
The theology of individual Unitarian Universalists ranges widely, including Humanism, Atheism, Agnosticism,Pantheism, Deism, Christianity, Judaism, Neopaganism, Hinduism, Buddhism, and many more.

Last edited:
As a note I question the ability of this test to define me. How would one be classified who believes its possible we are all energy that is independent of any singular entity in itself? Or that if there is a god we together, make up its mind?

1. Jehovahs Witness (100%)
2. Eastern Orthodox (98%)
3. Roman Catholic (98%)

I am Eastern Orthodox but I wonder what made me more similar to a JW.

1. New Thought
2. New Age
3. Christian Science Church of Christ, Scientist
4. Taoism
5. Neo-Pagan
6. Hinduism
7. Mahayana Buddhism
8. Scientology

1. Mainline - Conservative Christian Protestant (100%)
2. Orthodox Quaker - Religious Society of Friends (98%)
3. Eastern Orthodox (92%)

4. Roman Catholic (92%)
5. Seventh Day Adventist (91%)
6. Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints (Mormons) (62%)
7. Orthodox Judaism (62%)
8. Jehovahs Witness (58%)
9. Hinduism (58%)
10. Mainline - Liberal Christian Protestants (56%)
11. Islam (55%)
12. Liberal Quakers - Religious Society of Friends (50%)
13. Sikhism (35%)
14. Mahayana Buddhism (33%)
15. Reform Judaism (33%)
16. Bahai (31%)
17. Theravada Buddhism (30%)
18. Neo-Pagan (28%)
19. Unitarian Universalism (27%)
20. Jainism (23%)
21. Taoism (23%)
22. Scientology (22%)
23. New Age (21%)
24. New Thought (21%)
25. Christian Science Church of Christ, Scientist (18%)
26. Secular Humanism (17%)
27. Non-theist (6%)

CONSERVATIVE CHRISTIAN-PROTESTANT

On a continuum from Liberal to Mainline to Conservative Christian/Protestant, Conservative Christian is also sometimes referred to as traditionalist, orthodox, fundamental, or Evangelical. Conservative Christian is an umbrella term for Protestant denominations, or churches within denominations, that are Bible-centered, viewing the Holy Bible as the final and only authority, the inerrant Word of God, interpreted literally as law. Examples of conservative Protestant include some churches within Pentecostal, Southern Baptist, Fundamentalist, Evangelical, Lutheran, etc.. Anglican/Episcopalian is often regarded as a "bridge" denomination between Roman Catholic and Protestant. There are more than 2,000 Protestant denominations offering a wide range of beliefs from extremely liberal to mainline to ultra conservative and those that include characteristics on both ends.
Belief in Deity: Some, particularly Evangelical and Pentecostal, believe God has a perfect human body. Most Conservative Protestants believe God is incorporeal, omnipresent spirit -- a Trinity of the Father (God), the Son (Christ), and the Holy Spirit that comprises one God Almighty.
Incarnations: Jesus Christ is God's only Incarnation. He is the Son of God and God, both fully divine and fully human, part of the Trinity of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit that comprises on God Almighty.
Origin of universe and life: The biblical Book of Genesis is inerrant. God created the universe and all life forms from nothing in less than 7 days, less than 10,000 years ago -- not as revealed by modern science. Many resolve the conflict between scientific evidence and the Book of Genesis with the contention that God created the appearance of evolution (perhaps as a test of faith), or that scientific evidence is faulty.
After death: Saved souls experience the bliss of heaven and unsaved souls the torture of hell. On Judgment Day, Jesus Christ will resurrect the dead, reunite body and soul, and judge each for eternity in heaven or on a restored, paradisiacal earth, or in hell. Some believe the souls of the dead will remain "asleep" until the resurrection and final judgment.
Why evil? The original sin of Adam and Eve caused all to inherit sinfulness. Some Conservative Protestants believe that only relatively few people will be saved. The work and influence of Satan prevail among the unsaved and/or those who lack complete faith in Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior.
Salvation: Salvation is granted by the grace of God alone, through faith in Jesus Christ alone as Lord and Savior -- not through "works" such as moral behavior, good deeds, and generally not through sacraments. Some believe that once saved, or born again, always saved. When performed, baptism is regarded by many Conservative Protestants as a practice for adult believers, rather than infants/children, as it is not considered a sacrament for salvation, but an act of commitment to the fellowship. However, some churches do regard certain sacraments as very important components on the path to salvation (e.g. Trinity Evangelical Lutheran Church) including infant baptism, regarding baptism as a miracle from God that creates faith in the heart. Some Protestants regard baptism as a washing away of sin, which may be repeated. Among most, confession/repentance is considered personal, between the individual and God, unless a public sin is involved, and confession to a pastor, when offered, is optional. Some use exorcism to remove indwelling evil spirits. Pentacostals believe that speaking in tongues is a gift from God as evidence of having been saved, and some regard it as the only evidence of having been saved. Preaching the gospel, the Word of God, is often regarded as a means for building faith in Christ.
Undeserved Suffering: Some suffering is caused by the inheritance of mortality originating from Adam and Eve's disobedience to God, which includes vulnerability to illness and disease. Also, Satan rules the earth, causing pain and suffering. Many believe that suffering is God's design to test, teach, or strengthen belief in Him; the greater the suffering of innocent believers, the greater will be their reward after life.
Issues: Abortion is considered murder. Positions among denominations on divorce vary from unacceptability of divorce and remarriage to acceptance of divorce in certain situations and remarriage.

Last edited:
1. Mahayana Buddhism (100%)
2. Taoism (99%)
3. New Age (99%)
4. New Thought (88%)
5. Neo-Pagan (86%)
6. Unitarian Universalism (85%)
7. Theravada Buddhism (82%)
8. Hinduism (81%)
9. Scientology (77%)
10. Liberal Quakers - Religious Society of Friends (76%)
11. Christian Science Church of Christ, Scientist (66%)
12. Jainism (64%)
13. Sikhism (58%)
14. Secular Humanism (45%)
15. Mainline - Liberal Christian Protestants (43%)
16. Orthodox Quaker - Religious Society of Friends (40%)
17. Reform Judaism (39%)
18. Seventh Day Adventist (22%)
19. Jehovahs Witness (20%)
20. Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints (Mormons) (20%)
21. Non-theist (20%)
22. Bahai (17%)
23. Orthodox Judaism (15%)
24. Mainline - Conservative Christian Protestant (15%)
25. Islam (11%)
26. Eastern Orthodox (2%)
27. Roman Catholic (2%)