What life skills are undervalued but necessary for survival | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

What life skills are undervalued but necessary for survival

Quit being such a bitch to me bro.
dawson_crying.gif

Last edited:
I think liking, or even loving, yourself. For which I think forgiving yourself for your mistakes has a lot to do with. It helps in moving forward.

Reactions: Gaze
I think liking, or even loving, yourself. For which I think forgiving yourself for your mistakes has a lot to do with. It helps in moving forward.

Excellent suggestion!

Forgiving oneself does indeed free one up to see life with open eyes and engage with an open heart.

Reactions: MissionHouse
IMO the two biggest things are:

1) Responsibility - as in, recognizing your own role in your life instead of blaming everything around you.

2) Meaningfully contributing to the world

Both of these are really hard but really important I think.

Reactions: Kgal and Gaze
Being able to deal with people and make concessions. If more people did it, it would be easier.
Not necessarily making concessions, but dealing with people in general. Most of people I know are too logical and so little people-oriented. Even if you don't give a dawn to other's feelings, you must consider that these will somehow affect the results of your decisions (i.e. if you are completely right but a total jerk about it, it is unlikely that people will listen to you as they should).

Trust, or expressions of trust, those who can appreciate things at face value initially, are more likely to gain a proper understanding of peoples perspectives IMO, no-one like to talk about true, its erm, a sensitive subject, its not tangible, or bargained directly, but people are aware of it, at least on a less conscious level. I find that those less trusting, or overtly extremely selective, tend to struggle in developing a stable relationship, especially when independence is low, for those brief reasons i think people with less trust can make silly, experimental judgements, decisions, from a a bias-view.

Don't be scared to let trust guide you. We are instinctive animals, and evolutions has done wonders for our complexity, and our society as a whole must learn "how to trust", all for a better future.

To summarise. Either extremes fallible.

TRUST---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------NO TRUST

Ability to C-Walk in dangerous environments, cuz.

[video=youtube;GVvBy4m_4lQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GVvBy4m_4lQ&feature=related[/video]