What is?

Spiritual Leo

On Holiday
Apr 14, 2011
MBTI
INFJ
Enneagram
Thinker
A couple years ago I had read a few books by Eckhart Tolle and in one of the books... The Power of the Now.. I think...

Well it had an interesting quote in it....

"If life were a dancer, we would just be the moves"

Agree? or Disagree?

Reactions: Flavus Aquila
I dunno, kinda feel like the wrinkly bit of skin at the end of the elbow sometimes.

Reactions: TinyBubbles
See, I am a little confused with this myself because it seems that he is trying to inform us that Life is living us... we don't live it.... if that makes any sense

We are just a part of the cycle I guess.... since everything is in constant motion... but I am terribly confused and I think that I have made that clear....

Any insight would help me much

life is living us, to abstract

That reminds me of another quote, something like: " Life/ History is an ocean and every individual's life is a water drop on the top of a wave. It just glimpses his part of the sun and then is thrown away deep to the ocean."

We still have the choice of how to move or feel though. There is an ancient theory about "imarmeni" . The translation is destiny but it is not the proper word. It says that we are defined from the place we are born and the people we have seen. But that's just the context. It's like a box (or another shape) where we can our place to the centre or the up or down corners. We can do a lot of things.
Even in prison or in war people build their character and their choices reflect different soul material and evolution.

Sorry but it sounds like BS to me

It doesn't really make sense as it is rather obscure and the thing that it is probably supposed to mean is nonsense

My advice would be to stop looking for wisdom in this sentence and move on

Reactions: not sure
I think he means that there is only life and no one is really living it. To my mind, he is a very nice guy but I would not take as absolute truth the things that he says.

If you like/find interesting the idea that there is no one, just life - then I think you should check out Tony Parsons (the one who wrote The Open Secret).

PS. I like your spiritual quest.

Sorry but it sounds like BS to me

It doesn't really make sense as it is rather obscure and the thing that it is probably supposed to mean is nonsense

My advice would be to stop looking for wisdom in this sentence and move on

Well... that wasn't nice of you to say that this is BS.... it's just a quote my friend....... Your an INTP.. you think rationally... INFJ's think more abstract

Well... that wasn't nice of you to say that this is BS.... it's just a quote my friend....... Your an INTP.. you think rationally... INFJ's think more abstract

Sorry I didn't mean anything by it. I didn't mean you were talking BS by posting it

I don't have a problem thinking abstractly. I'm a smart guy and not your typical INTP by any means. Please don't assume that I can't understand something because of some letters I typed into my profile

Anyways, this seems like a sentence designed to get others to apply meaning to it. It sounds like it should mean something profound but doesn't actually say anything relevant.

Just my opinion

If you have a different one I would like to hear it

In a sense.
There are mainly two definitions of Life; Life of one person, and Life as a whole.

Life as a whole is not about one individual oneself, despite what some minds want to think, have thought, or are thinking. And in that aspect, we, indeed, each of us as equals and individuals, with individual free minds and hearts and love are only one product of life. Life dances, Trifoilum comes. Life moves another way, Spiritual Leo comes. Life is doing a set of moves, and the entire INFJ forum comes to spring. As Life dances back and forth, spinning around and flailing, stepping and jumping, our lives changes.

A sentiment of passivity (or Zen, perhaps, or pathos), if I may. It pretty much implies that it is what it is. Perhaps, related to the concept of fate, or divine providence.... or the belief that we are placed in where we were supposed to be placed.

If what the writer are implying is life of one person, however, I disagree respectfully. We ourselves have a part to play between our lives.