What IQ differences really mean | Page 4 | INFJ Forum

What IQ differences really mean

If you were brilliant at everything, you'd have a hard time deciding what to do in life. Either that, or you'd be extremely busy.

Time limits are probably the only reason why INTJs tend to test as having the highest IQs instead of INTPs.

Suuuurrrrreeee

Sorry, couldn't resist.

I think processing speed is a skill that is obviously measured in any timed test. I never had any problems finishing any timed test. I can think of a couple of situations where the ability to generate solid answers/strategy very fast is preferable over slow, careful, thought.

I must admit I am curious about taking a "real" IQ test since it has been many years. On some level though, standardized test taking is a skill as well.

Last edited:
I wanted to ask the question. Are INFJ's stereotypically intelligent people?

INFJs tend to be the most intelligent of the Feeling types. They have the third highest IQs overall, behind INTJs and INTPs and ahead of INFPs. They tend to be much smarter than any extroverted or sensing types. There is a weak correlation between thinking preferences and IQ, a strong correlation between IQ and intuition, and a strong correlation between IQ and introversion. The comparative IQ rankings between MBTI types are mostly quite predictable, but ESTPs do surprisingly well compared to introverted sensors.