What have you learned from your type? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

What have you learned from your type?

#JameBonds

This thread lol:

trainn.jpg

HOO BOY

Life was always kind of like a car crash before I learned about my personality potential and Jungian typology. Shit happened, and I had no idea why, and I had no idea how to prevent it... and I believed I really couldn't.

I used to spend a lot of time alone, and when I spent time with other people I'd often offend them. I started viewing myself as an asshole, but I wanted to connect with others - love and be loved. My strengths were problem-solving and creative endeavors.

I also couldn't understand my family dynamic, and I couldn't understand why we were all so different. It frustrated me.

The cognitive breakdown of my type helped me. When I saw that Fe at the end of the list, it all made sense. It went from becoming an obstacle to an aspiration. I'm not ashamed that I generally suck(ed) at being empathetic, have/had low EQ, etc. I know I can develop that part of me and become a more healthy person as a result. It seems like an attainable goal. I've always been a "cut my losses" sort of guy, so typology gives me hope that few things do.

In the last few months, I've been told that I'm a good person, a great friend, etc. I think I'm getting there. I'd like to raise my glass to Carl Jung, who was a fucking genius, and whose theory managed to explain a lot of the nascent familial conflict brewing when I was a kid that almost tore us apart for good.

kthx

I've learnt that what it is in me that makes me suffer most is also the best thing about me.
I mostly like the way my minds works despite it making me suffer. I like that I can be there for the people I care about and that I'm less likely to accidentally dismiss them than some of their other friends. I think if I don't see what they're saying straight away then they are likely to trust that they can explain it to me, and trust that I will try hard to understand. I wont let pride get in the way of my integrity (I'm not perfect though, I'm sure I have on some occasions :()
Something I don't like about my type/ how my mind works is how it feels being with a group of people who don't think like me at all, the people who don't care about thinking about why things are happening, the people who are happy to assume everything they think is correct and real and look down on me for questioning their truth - they see it as me ruining fun, but whats the point in good stuff if its built on lies?!! Those people are just so far away from who I am, and they bring out the worst in me and I hate seeing that in myself

I like learning and context shifting - seeing things from different angles. I like playing at believing impossible things - insight without the need to judge. I like metaphors and turns of phrase, and sudden revelations. I like helping people, making them feel good - and I like the warm glow of being loved, acknowledged and knowing that I matter. I like to be alone a lot of the time, but not always.

I don't like the insecurity: the fear of upsetting people or getting into conflict or being on show. I hate it if someone tries to drag me into a conflict that is nothing to do with me. I don't like getting very spaced out after too much Se such as driving for a couple of hours on unfamiliar roads.

Sometimes I get frustrated if I have to explain myself too much - it takes a lot of effort to do this, because I tend have insights expressed in a kind of visual form rather than in words. But it has always been worth doing when I have to.

I don't really like being understood too well, but at the same time I crave to be understood .... weird.