What have you learned from your type? | INFJ Forum

What have you learned from your type?

Gaze

Donor
Sep 5, 2009
MBTI
INFPishy
What have you learned from being your type? What do you like the best and what do you dislike the most about it?

Last edited:
Learning that being INFJ is the pursose, yet being sensitively insensitive without knowing is the challenge.

Good way to put it. Mine is similar - Don't ignore your sensitivity, because it matters, and pretending it's not there or a part of your make up is like refusing to drink water until the well runs dry. Soon enough, you're running on empty because you're neglecting a key part of yourself.

Good way to put it. Mine is similar - Don't ignore your sensitivity, because it matters, and pretending it's not there or a part of your make up is like refusing to drink water until the well runs dry. Soon enough, you're running on empty because you're neglecting a key part of yourself.
Well said @Gaze ;)

That I'm not that lonely and weird. There are many who are lonely too and probably weirder than I am:tentacleswithstufffilling: Phew!

Just kidding. :laughing:

Okay, serious stuff--I think I learned to understand why people do the things they do, and can compare them to my own perspective which is very cool. Sort of an out-of-mind experience. Solipsism no more!

I like that I can easily see things from other perspectives (makes it hard to make decisions though, haha). I like that I desire meaningful connections, and if I find someone who does intrigue me, not only do I want to understand them on a deeper level, I feel I have the ability to delve into that.

I don't like how easily I take on other people's emotions. I wish I could understand myself as easily as I feel I understand others. Sometimes, I wish I could live more in the present instead of spending so much time in my head reliving the past or imaging the future.

really?
Well then.... I learned that I'm that type and I have to do the stuff my type does, because I didn't do anything before because I had no personality. I dislike being perfect and I like to dislike it.

What have you learned from being your type?
giphy.gif

What do you like the best
People think i'm mysterious, which is kind of flattering in a way.
and what do you dislike the most about it?
giphy.gif

Use your Fe. It's easy. It works. (It works because it's easy.) When you use Fe, everyone loves you, and you get happy. It is light, superficial in a good way, and fun. Don't try so hard on feelings. Just flow.

If you start having difficulties, you are using Fi, which is your default "id" function, driven by fear. It sabotages your relationships, making you look selfish and insecure. This serious feeling orientation is too heavy for an INFJ. It causes sadness, guilt trips, and anxiety. Leave it behind. Stop worrying that you will be "inauthentic" without Fi. Let it go. Play like a child. Others will find you inspiring, and they will follow you with smiles on their faces. Isn't that what you want? Harmony?

Read the article "Fe is Magic" by Blake of Stellarmaze.com. He's an excellent writer. Well worth paying the small Starling Subscription fee to read. Yes, this is a plug for his website, but I am in no way related to his operation.(It, and other articles can be found under Site Map>Fe Solution for the INFJ.)

I used to think I was an INTJ. I tried to use Te, but it was too rule-bound and objective. I tried to use Fi but it made me miserable. I figured out I was INFJ, and everthing started going smoothly. I cannot believe it.

Use your Fe. It's easy. It works. (It works because it's easy.) When you use Fe, everyone loves you, and you get happy. It is light, superficial in a good way, and fun. Don't try so hard on feelings. Just flow. (...) I used to think I was an INTJ. I tried to use Te, but it was too rule-bound and objective. I tried to use Fi but it made me miserable. I figured out I was INFJ, and everthing started going smoothly. I cannot believe it.

I could have written that myself.

I think that in many ways Fe is the key to being a healthy INFJ. I became significantly more healthy when I began to embrace it.

I think that in many ways Fe is the key to being a healthy INFJ. I became significantly more healthy when I began to embrace it.

Yeah, wasn't it a revelation? Like putting on clothes that fit. I come across well to other people. Inside, I'm thinking, "This can't be happening. I'm still the same person." I guess that's what people want from me.
"Okaaaay... Can deliver. Shoot... Is that all?"

Good things: Confident. Impervious to other's bad moods. Cautions: Resist the urge to manipulate. BAD. NO.

^^T^^H^^I^^S^^

"Lay aside all earthly cares." I like that part of the Orthodox service.
Question: What is a voodoo whack puppet?

It made sense why I always felt and still do feel so alien in a world I was born into (due to being passionately idealistic). It made sense why I had such existential depression an adolescent and young adult because I was obsessed with moral consistency and purpose and meaning. I drove myself mad with it for awhile. But I think I was just focusing Fi at that time or developing it. I guess really it just validated some things.

I don't dislike anything about my type. Because I think that things I dislike about myself are areas where I can grow. I don't think anyone should accept something inherently negative implied by type. If you are not satisfied then work towards changing or learning or improving. You are not stuck.

Last edited:
Yesterday I mentioned at a thread that I was having an uneasy day due to being a severe empath. I was picking off a lot of people's bad moods and feelings, and I ended up with a severe headache.

That is one thing I learned as an INFJ. I had to do some research about it yesterday and yup, empathy is a huge factor in being an INFJ. It's a curse and a blessing having to be incredibly sensitive to everyone around you and literally having to feel what other's are feeling.

But on the other hand, it makes me more aware and makes able to actually "be in the person's shoes" and help them.