What happens when we die? | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

What happens when we die?

We die and lose consciousness. Eventually, our bodies disintegrate into the soil if we're buried. If we're cremated, then our ashes become apart of the soil.

I don't believe the whole 'be good in this life and you'll get a good afterlife' or any sort of afterlife at all, really. It seems like something the churches/officials of the religions made up to keep the followers in constant fear and obedience to the officials of the religion. I also find it odd that some people are afraid of death, but I suppose that goes with fear of having a bad afterlife.

I really don't believe that anything happens after our physical life ends. The god of Abraham is just too wicked to believe in; his nature is contradictory.

We may be able to live on in some way, but I really doubt it.

i really hope i get to bang some virgins thats all i'm sayin.

heaven for some, hell for others

when you die your sole leaves your body and you see yourself and everyone else but they can't see you. You feel very peaceful and happy. You don't remember the suffering (if any) or how you died. You deceased loved ones will be there waiting for you with open arms.

Our loved ones are with us everyday sometimes you might even feel them around you. When you think about a loved one that has passed, they sense it and are right there beside you :)

when you die your sole leaves your body and you see yourself and everyone else but they can't see you. You feel very peaceful and happy. You don't remember the suffering (if any) or how you died. You deceased loved ones will be there waiting for you with open arms.

Our loved ones are with us everyday sometimes you might even feel them around you. When you think about a loved one that has passed, they sense it and are right there beside you :)

I wonder why the part of me that lives on in the after life are the bottoms of my feet - or a fish.

Soul sounds like Sole, which can refer to a type a fish as well as to the bottom of a foot or shoe.

to each what they believe in. I came to this conclusion reading Dune
to fetch the quote and risk being prosecuted, as they say now, (oh, I wish!)

taken from http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Dune :

that which you believe is a dominant force. Your beliefs order the unfolding of daily events. If enough of us believe, a new thing can be made to exist. Belief structure creates a filter through which chaos is sifted into order.

in other words, the existence of the new thing is not objective, independent of its creator; therefore you get your version of the afterdeath happening to you alone and the group that shares the same belief;
as there is no -one- religion, there is no universal afterlife (and that is objective or whatever equivalent word, imo)

Reactions: detectivepope