What does your name mean? | INFJ Forum

What does your name mean?

Hmmm I wonder what's the best name/name with the best luck. I need to change my luck somehow.

Do we include nicknames (abbreviations, not the gooey lovey-dovey stuff)? I'll just put both. It's eerily accurate, like a horoscope :p

First, my full name:
  • The name creates a dual nature in that you can be very generous and understanding, but you can also be so candid in your expression that you create misunderstanding.
  • You struggle with the requirement to soften your expression with tact and diplomacy and to consider the feelings of others.
  • Difficulty in accepting advice or admitting that you may have made a mistake causes you to appear to be stubborn and set in your ways.
  • Thus, you have too often created the wrong impression, and friendships have suffered.
  • This name does offer creative talent where there is the opportunity for ingenuity and originality.
  • You have a tendency, at times, to have too many ideas on the go, and thus your efforts are scattered and many things do not reach completion.
  • You are inclined to do to excess the things you like to do.
  • You have very intense feelings and find it difficult to maintain stability and happiness.
  • If you allowed it, temper and self-pity could be problems.
My nickname:
  • The name gives you a strongly independent and highly creative nature, with drive and ambition to have experiences and accomplish things out of the ordinary.
  • You can work intently at whatever is new and holds your interest at the moment, but your interest wanes quickly when drudgery and monotony set in.
  • Obstacles to your progress or restrictions on your freedom to act create a sense of frustration which may cause you to feel resentful and even rebellious.
  • You can then become intolerant of others, and caustic and belittling in your expression, thereby imposing stress on your personal relationships.
  • Although you have a clever, quick, capable mind, your progress in life is restricted by instability in your affairs and misunderstandings with people.
  • Your impulsive nature can lead to actions which you later regret taking, or to accidents.
  • Relaxation is elusive, and depletion due to nervous tension can develop to the point where you become subject to moods of depression and morbid thoughts.
  • Your name of Ginny contains many fine qualities: musical and artistic ability, good business judgment, and a sense of responsibility for the welfare of others.
  • This makes you warm-hearted and understanding in your response to the needs and interests of those around you.
  • You are always ready to help those in less fortunate circumstances.
  • Your insistence on becoming involved in the affairs of others can cause them to regard you as interfering, even though you are only trying to help.
  • A weakness lies in the fact that you are deeply affected through your feeling for others and could suffer through worry and disturbed thoughts over matters that you can do nothing about.
  • While you have an appreciation for the finer things of life and could be successful along inspirational as well as business or professional lines of endeavour, there is a tendency to become involved in the needs and interests of others to the detriment of your own progress.
  • Home and family are important to you and you desire to establish a settled home environment where you can enjoy the congenial companionship of friends and family.

Last edited:
Oh, I just love nonsense. Forer-effects for everybody!

My name:
  • Your name indicates qualities of a leader and organizer but a difficulty in concentrating and systematizing your efforts interferes with achieving your goals.
  • You desire a good standard of living and the best quality in all your material possessions.
  • You have a friendly nature, well-liked by others for your sense of humour and pleasant personality and you love parties and socializing in general.
  • You could be musically or artistically inclined and may often be the "life" of the party and would enjoy finding expression in the entertainment field.
  • You have a pleasure-loving nature, and although you have an ability to meet and mix with people on all levels, you tend to become involved in awkward emotional situations to your detriment.
  • Deriving pleasure from giving to others, you enjoy spending money on them, but tend to be a spendthrift, and not build up a reserve for emergencies.

Oh, I just love nonsense. Forer-effects for everybody!

My name:
  • Your name indicates qualities of a leader and organizer but a difficulty in concentrating and systematizing your efforts interferes with achieving your goals.
  • You desire a good standard of living and the best quality in all your material possessions.
  • You have a friendly nature, well-liked by others for your sense of humour and pleasant personality and you love parties and socializing in general.
  • You could be musically or artistically inclined and may often be the "life" of the party and would enjoy finding expression in the entertainment field.
  • You have a pleasure-loving nature, and although you have an ability to meet and mix with people on all levels, you tend to become involved in awkward emotional situations to your detriment.
  • Deriving pleasure from giving to others, you enjoy spending money on them, but tend to be a spendthrift, and not build up a reserve for emergencies.
It doesn't fit you 100% though. At least the way I see it, each may work in some situation, but it's not ubiquitious. But I can't speak for all points.

• You are very idealistic and romantic within yourself and may have tried to express your beautiful thoughts through poetry or writing. Agree
  • Crudeness and vulgarity are very repulsive to you and you are very particular about little things.I am super crude. My mother teases me and says I was from a family of sailors because of my cursing and sexual innuendo
  • You suffer greatly with lack of confidence and self-consciousness. Doubtfful
  • You crave affection and understanding, yet because you can be so easily and deeply hurt, you have learned to keep your true nature hidden; therefore people do not really know you. Agree but not because of too much deep hurt but more because I like to analyze people
  • You always wonder if you are doing the right thing, desiring to express yourself but afraid to.Doubtful
  • People may consider you haughty and aloof because of your sensitivity and reserved ways. Agree because I find people either like me or don't, not much middle ground. I also don't give a shit if someone likes me or not. I don't lose sleep over it.
  • You may find some expression abut it would usually be light conversation, rarely daring to reveal your deeper thoughts or take others into your confidence for fear of criticism or ridicule. Doubtful
  • You have a very kind and gentle nature, and although you may be in a position in contact with the public, you will still be a lonely and reserved person. Doubtful
  • Thus, you live much within your own thoughts, often finding your escape in reading, which you love to do. AGREE!
For my first name

• You have a deep, artistic, and creative side which shows through a love for music and literature. Agree
  • Writing is a more natural mode of expression for your deeper thoughts and feelings than the spoken word. Agree
  • You have an ability to concentrate and work intently on anything which holds your interest.Agree
  • However, you prefer to avoid routine, monotony, and menial tasks. Agree
  • You enjoy the out-of-doors and find your greatest peace and relaxation from the beauty and harmony of nature. No, eww bugs
  • You prefer to limit your friendships and associations to those who share your interests and appreciate your quiet, refined ways. Agree
  • Others often find it difficult to understand you. Don't believe this. Pretty sure I express myself pretty well
  • Your feelings tend to build up within you and, if you cannot release them through a creative, constructive channel, you could suffer with frustration, moods, and much inner turmoil. Agree
For my nickname Nixie

• As James, you have a natural interest in the welfare of your fellow man, and a desire to help and serve others in a humanitarian way.
  • You are responsible and generous, although somewhat scattering and disorganized at times.
  • Any jobs requiring systematic and conscientious effort, or involving any form of drudgery, dismay you.
  • In your work, you would seek a position offering self-expression through contact with people, such as sales or teaching, or a position giving scope to your creative, artistic talents.
  • You are good-natured and likeable, and people tend to confide in you and seek your advice in personal problems.
  • Others sense your sincere interest and desire to help, and you can always be counted on to see the bright side of any problem.
  • You enjoy making others happy and you never let your own problems "get you down" for any length of time, even though you do tend to worry too much at times.
  • Your optimism can be a source of inspiration to others as well as yourself.
  • In close personal relationships you are usually thoughtful and considerate.
  • However, your natural interest in others, coupled with your sympathetic reaction to problems, could draw you into emotional situations which may be difficult to get out of.
Health Analysis

• Health weakness would appear as skin conditions or ailments relative to the liver. A tendency to overeat quick-energy foods aggravates any health problems.

Sorry, but the name of: Wyote ( M) is not yet part of our database.

• Your first name has given you a friendly, likeable nature, and you could excel in artistic, dramatic, and musical expression.
  • With this name, you desire the finer things in life, but you do not always have the resolve and vitality to put forth the effort necessary to fulfil your desires.
  • Your emotional feelings are easily aroused and you will always be involved in other people's problems as a result of your overly sympathetic nature.
  • You have many disappointments because of extending a helping hand to others in need, and then not receiving acknowledgement or reciprocation for your generosity.
  • After each experience, you have to guard against feelings of despondency and self-pity.
  • You have high goals and ideals, but must incorporate more practicality, system, and concentration in order to materialize them.

• Your first name, creates a friendly, sensitive, and practical nature.-Eh, somewhat true, I suppose.
  • You gravitate to positions where there is stability, security and opportunities to work with others to make steady progress.-No
  • You could be very skillful in dealing with technical and mechanical matters.-Hell no
  • You appreciate details, precision, and system and order.-Yes and no. I love systems and order, not so much details and precision.
  • These qualities, however, can make you too fussy, from time to time, over inconsequential matters.-Too vague to analyze
  • You do not take to changes easily and can be quietly stubborn.-Sometimes, yes
  • You do rely on the support and encouragement of others as there is an underlying lack of confidence with this name.-No
  • For the same reason, many times you procrastinate over making decisions.-I do take my time with decisions, I'm not sure if that's procrastinating.

Aaaalrighty then what is this sorcery?!

• The name of - gives you a very inquisitive, restless, seeking nature. "You have no idea"
  • You feel impelled by intense desires that you cannot comprehend or satisfy. "I wouldn't even dare to elaborate on that"
  • You have had the desire to accomplish something outstanding and to do something very worthwhile for humanity, especially early in your life. "My view of life has been that it would be meaningless without at mark left behind since birth"
  • This name gives you a versatile, clever, analytical mind, but unfortunately you cannot direct your interest toward an undertaking for long, as you do not have the patience and practicality for systematic hard work and attention to detail. "Switching jobs 1-3 times a year? Agreed"
  • You resent obstacles, delays, and restrictions. "Actually, no. This one went a bit south. I love obstacles, don't mind delays but surely hate restrictions"
  • This name gives you ambition, high ideals, and much creative ability, but the intense dynamic nature is too often spent in feelings and in moods, rather than in constructive action. "No kidding."
  • You desire to be your own boss, yet you find it difficult to stabilize your life and to settle down and be accumulative. "I'm not sure I even know what stability means. I don't like the sound of it."
  • Your feelings swing from optimism to pessimism. "Yup, trying to find the golden middle ground though"
  • You can be very cynical and caustic, and you subject those around you to outbursts of temper and moods of self-pity. "Sure. Hopefully not that often though"
  • Your home-life particularly would suffer. "On the olden days then"
  • This name has given you an appreciation for refinement, and the better things in life such as art, music, and literature. "Absolutely"
  • You can express a very friendly, debonair personality to strangers which invariably makes a very favourable impression. "I've noticed"
  • It has been your experience that once you lose control to indulgent habits, for example, smoking, drinking, or emotional outbursts, it is very difficult to retain control. "Indeed. Although after all those outbursts and indulging bad habits, it's getting more balanced I feel like. "
Health Analysis

• You would be affected in the health through a sensitive solar plexus and nervous system. Nervous disorders, nervous indigestion, and stomach ulcers could develop. "Or already has developed.. "

Reactions: flower and Ren
  • Your name has given you energy, drive, and ambition, but also an almost excessively strong-willed and independent nature.
  • While you are creative, inventive, and ingenious in practical matters, and always ready to initiate and promote new undertakings, you often experience difficulty in bringing your undertakings to a successful conclusion because of your own changing interests or changing circumstances.
  • You become intensely involved with everything you plan to do, but the stress arising from frustrating obstacles or misunderstandings with others could prompt you to be intolerant and sarcastic in your expression, with breakdowns in congenial relations with family and friends a possible end result.
This is quite accurate, and it sounds like an ENTJ. I think that I might potentially be an ENTJ. However, different people with my name behave differently.

Reactions: Ginny and flower
This is quite accurate, and it sounds like an ENTJ. I think that I might potentially be an ENTJ. However, different people with my name behave differently.

It really, rather, depends on cultural background or even on origin of country. I know that Poland focuses on the name specifically (birthdays being less of importance than the actual "birthday" of the name.)
https://www.thespruceeats.com/polish-name-day-imieniny-1136556#:~:text=And Its Traditional Celebrations&text=In Poland, name day or,being placed on the latter.

Reactions: Ginny and flower
in my country when it comes to names it just some parents do be thinking its important some dont.

And i myself never really interested in wanting to know more whats my name is meaning.

my parents gave me the name because it sounds cool and the name is in english :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy: (well thats what i know)
Well im gonna say that they know more than i do why they decide to named me after an iconic jazz musician.

Birth name
  • Your name of .... creates a friendly, sociable, charming nature, but causes you to be too easily influenced by others.
  • While you find it easy to meet and mix, and can appear agreeable and compromising in conversation, you can become dogmatic and forceful if pressed too far.
  • Others learn that you cannot be told what to do and you seldom change your mind once it is made up.
  • You prefer situations that allow a degree of independence, but are reluctant to take on a demanding work-load or responsibility.
  • In a position dealing with the public, you could do well because of your friendly personality, interest in people, and desire to please.
  • When asked, you are able to give others good advice that you would probably not follow yourself, but must guard against being too opinionated in controversial matters.
Preferred name
  • Your name of .... has given you a quick-minded, sensitive nature.
  • It gives you a creative ability in art, music, singing, or fancywork and an appreciation for refined surroundings.
  • Your sociable nature expresses affection, kindness, and thoughtfulness to the extent that it is difficult for you not to be affected by others and governed by your emotions, rather than by logic and reason.
  • As you respond to love and encouragement from others, your romantic and dreamy nature can easily lead you into love affairs.
  • Your desire for peace at any price can result in going out of your way to avoid arguments and confrontation or hurting the feelings of others.
  • Also, budgeting can be a problem as you enjoy spending money and can easily ignore being practical.
Lol ...both descriptions make me feel like a twit

Reactions: Wyote and Pin