What do you love most about your boyfriend/girlfriend? :) | INFJ Forum

What do you love most about your boyfriend/girlfriend? :)

TigersGoRAWR

Community Member
Jan 12, 2011
MBTI
INFJ
Enneagram
Type 2 so/sp/sx
Harro :D I'm new to this forum, this is my first thread ^.^!

random post: What do you love most about your boyfriend/girlfriend? :)

I could list what I love about my boyfriend.... but I think it would take a very long time ;D there's too much :) In short, he's my world, and I love him so much :D! :mhula:

Reactions: Free Mind
that they allow me independence, don't get mad when I flirt with other people, don't cry on the lawn when I pursue things I am passionate about, don't make me feel horrible about myself, don't text me constantly, aren't overbearingly affectionate, don't make me read the horrible poetry that they wrote about me, that I don't have to constantly re-explain my history and problems to them, don't ignore me when know they've upset me, don't get constantly butthurt, aren't passive aggressive, that my emotional state isn't dependent on someone else's

y'know
that sorta thing

Reactions: acd
Hello :)

Hmmm there is so much. He cherishes me and wants to look inside my heart to see the me no one else cares to see.

Reactions: Gaze
that they allow me independence, don't get mad when I flirt with other people, don't cry on the lawn when I pursue things I am passionate about, don't make me feel horrible about myself, don't text me constantly, aren't overbearingly affectionate, don't make me read the horrible poetry that they wrote about me, that I don't have to constantly re-explain my history and problems to them, don't ignore me when know they've upset me, don't get constantly butthurt, aren't passive aggressive, that my emotional state isn't dependent on someone else's

y'know
that sorta thing
That's awesome! This is what it's all about, good for you guys!

Me? Same stuff.

y'know
that sorta thing

what's butthurt? haha.

It's nice that she gives me plenty of space and never bothers me. She gives me so much space in fact that I haven't even seen her yet in my life xD
I haven't had a serious relationship yet, but I'm optimistic that I'll find the one eventually ^_^

(Past tense)

The aspect of our relationship I appreciated the most was our ability to just be quiet together. Words weren't needed and the silence wasn't awkward. It felt like we were on the same wavelength. I'll count myself lucky if I ever experience that sort of mutual understanding in a relationship again.

He was very assertive but also extremely compassionate -- sexy.

Last edited:
Reactions: FiftySeven
Shes awesome

She makes me laugh, is super extroverted so it makes it fun to be around her, she has beautiful lips, she gets insecure over dumb shit like saying her eyes are too round when they are beautiful, she likes being around me because i'm real, she will travel for hours to see me, she looks so damn sexy when she only has a little bit of makeup on, she looks so damn sexy when she's totally fixed up, today I made her laugh hysterically and it made me feel good, we go out to nice restaurants sometimes and I can tell she really appreciates it and she doesn't act like a spoiled bitch, she takes my advise and trusts my advise too, I take her advise and she teaches me a lot about people, she reminds me of my mom sometimes, she's honest, trustworthy, a good friend, she's perfect and I'm up right now because I cant stop thinking about her, she starts dancing randomly even when there is no music playing, she's a city girl and i'm from the burbs so it makes her different, she's a latina, when I first met her she told me that she didnt know spanish but then one day this old mexican man needed help and she just started speaking it hella good, when I first met her I asked her if she believed in God and she looked at me like I was weird and said "I don't know", I asked her again about a year later and she was very opinionated and sorta did believe in God, she works really hard in school, she's pretty independent for a 21 year old, when we do what we do its like magic its like the whole world disappears and she becomes the world herself, she's so damn fine sometimes I wonder if there is something wrong with her because I don't know why she picked me, I always show her trust and she gives it back, when i'm with her I am "that guy".. you know.. that guy who is sitting next to the finest girl in the room, she doesn't know about my dark past, she doesn't know I went to jail for socking a cop in the face, LASTLY i'm thankful I didn't meet her until I did because I had to be single for a long time to finally become the person I am today.. the person she likes.

She make me feel all fuzzy wuzzy inside...

I love my husband because he is always real and I can trust him. I also love his sensitive side, that he tries to hide from most people. I love how generous he is and how much he will give of himself to other people, even when they don't deserve it.

And plenty more...

I don't have a g/f at the moment but in all the women I've ever been with, they've had one thing in common that I really appreciated. And that was their intelligence and ability to think for themselves. That quality is so attractive and it makes for so many good conversations. Two minds can open up and connect instead of constantly holding each other to standards of the "normal" which, in this society, are anything but normal.

The short version of this is: they were all N's. : )

I like a person who I am in a committed relationship with because we communicate- they're not afraid of my contracts and the way I like to line things out and I mean, it's fun. They read the newspaper and keep themselves informed with current events as do I and we have really awesome discussions. They like coffee and we go out together just to discuss things we've read. And we can be silly. And we can laugh. And we can go to the store and just do random thing or just go grocery shopping. We just like being in proximity of each other. Best of all there is no expectation of sex and it feels like there is this weight lifted off from me. I mean they just love me for who I am and I love them to death as well. We hug we kiss we hold hands. I wake up next to this person some nights, and it's just comforting to know someone is there.

But then we break up.

And it's not, a break up.

We just take a break from each other. None of us really date other people. But we both have this tendency to not want to be attached at the hip to other people. Fierce independence. That's out downfall.

So we breakup.

And we get back together...six months later. A whole new person. Changed. And we knew it was going to happen like that, it was almost planned. Sometimes it is planned. It's just to create space to not suffocate us. And if we broke up and dated other people it's always us who end up back together anyway. And we don't get jealous talking about exes because it makes no sense, we've spent more time together over the years than any of us have with our random flings. And dating other people gives us flavor. We learn things about ourselves. We experience different things. But it's never painful and we always end up back in each other's arms. Best of all we both like staying home, we both have dreams to travel someday and probably will go out and move out someplace together, we try to plan our lives around each other but not in some obsessive creepy way. And we can go days without talking, we're not clingy with each other. We're just, an awesome squeeze. Or so I like to think.

And we get back together...six months later. A whole new person. Changed. And we knew it was going to happen like that, it was almost planned. Sometimes it is planned. It's just to create space to not suffocate us. And if we broke up and dated other people it's always us who end up back together anyway. And we don't get jealous talking about exes because it makes no sense, we've spent more time together over the years than any of us have with our random flings. And dating other people gives us flavor. We learn things about ourselves. We experience different things. But it's never painful and we always end up back in each other's arms. Best of all we both like staying home, we both have dreams to travel someday and probably will go out and move out someplace together, we try to plan our lives around each other but not in some obsessive creepy way. And we can go days without talking, we're not clingy with each other. We're just, an awesome squeeze. Or so I like to think.

So, in a way, do you think this strengthens your relationship? or would you like it to be different? :)

So, in a way, do you think this strengthens your relationship? or would you like it to be different? :)

Yeah, I don't think it would work any other way.

His goofy sense of humor and his deep devotion to my well being.

I don't reallllly know how to pick a favorite.. but I know that one must-have for me is an overlap in values and-so the ability to truly relate to one another. If I couldn't do that, I would feel very isolated from them as the parts of me that matter the most to me are still in storage rather than in their arms.

This is pretty hard to find. So, whenever I can find it, and to whatever most degrees I can; I am extremely appreciative of it.

Last edited:
That he loves without constraint or limits. He forgives and forgets with seeming ease, making it possible to continually return to loving no matter how big the blow out. He is filled with wonder and appreciation for the world. He seems to accept things as they are and to see their beauty. His skin and touch feel awesome. He is well-articulated and thoughtful. He can fix stuff--not necessarily because he's handy, but because he's intelligent and he's willing to try. I find him an endlessly beautiful human being and I feel blessed to share my life with him.