What do INFPs think of INFJs? | INFJ Forum

What do INFPs think of INFJs?

knight in battle

Feb 28, 2011
MBTI
INFJ
(A) INFJs are cute.
(B) INFJs should get out more and experience the world and quit thinking so much.
(C) I love INFJs. They're cuddly.
(D) They're just like me, except they don't have any friends. :eyebrows:
(E) It's like they freakin' know me and read my mind. Hella scary.
(F) Man, I am sooo much cooler than INFJs.
(G) Hanging out with an INFJ is like hanging out with myself: refreshing but boring.
(H) It's weird when they smile at me.
(I) Man, they are soooo much cooler than me.

(J) I think they're way too J for my P.

INFJs are fags.

Reactions: acd
^ JK, obviously.

I don't think I've met one IRL. Maybe one. If that is the case, they are some of the most interesting, deep and genuine people I could ever hope to meet. Actually, I was half in love with this person. Her eyes were something else, truly. We were intimate for a time; it was like diving into a parallel reality where mythical creatures come to life, where love, not money, is what makes the world turn, and where communication is no longer by way of spoken word, but shared images, feelings and ideas there is no need to outwardly express.

All in all: they're pretty cool. /personal experience

where communication is no longer by way of spoken word, but shared images, feelings and ideas there is no need to outwardly express.
No longer by way of spoken word -- I have found this to be true of the two out of the three INFPs I have known IRL. In fact, they are best understood nonverbally, I find. Same with INFJs.

No longer by way of spoken word -- I have found this to be true of the two out of the three INFPs I have known IRL. In fact, they are best understood nonverbally, I find. Same with INFJs.

It was quite a beautiful experience. INFJs, I think, are easy to become infatuated with. Beautiful, rare creatures.

But I think INFPs and INFJs can only communicate non-verbally-- at least, communicate the way they would really like to. Words do not suffice. That's why it's so hard to find people we feel a connection with-- because a certain degree of intuition, feeling and mutual understanding must be there.

. . . where communication is no longer by way of spoken word, but shared images, feelings and ideas there is no need to outwardly express.

But I think INFPs and INFJs can only communicate non-verbally-- at least, communicate the way they would really like to. Words do not suffice. That's why it's so hard to find people we feel a connection with-- because a certain degree of intuition, feeling and mutual understanding must be there.

yep, pretty much. It's difficult to maintain a relationship with someone who requires long verbal explanations of everything. Not that anyone should be expected to intuit everything about how someone thinks or feels, but having to explain everything is a bit too much work especially in a relationship. So, being with someone who is intuitive helps.

INFPs are too summarized in their communication and abrupt. Therefore they can't express their ideas verbally, because INFJs need more context to read accurately. Misunderstanding and taking-offense abounds.

INFJs can't communicate verbally, because they express every f**king nuance verbally and thus confuse the issue in a way that causes INFPs to interrupt with, "Dude. Just gimme the main idea in one sentence." So yes, both should shut the fuck up and just use facial, bodily gestures, because they both can recognize their other-half without explaining themselves.

Last edited:
I like you Knight in Battle, but you need to revisit some of the threads where people bash on the people who think

1. INFJs are psychic
2. INFJs are all homebodies
3. INFJs must fit into any specific preset mold.

yep, pretty much. It's difficult to maintain a relationship with someone who requires long verbal explanations of everything. Not that anyone should be expected to intuit everything about how someone thinks or feels, but having to explain everything is a bit too much work especially in a relationship. So, being with someone who is intuitive helps.

I am not 100% sure I agree. Explanation is mandatory for people who are deep thinkers and introverted. And Just because someone is an intuitive doesnt mean they will get you, and just because someone is a sensor doesnt mean they cannot get you. Some of the best and most meaningful relationships I ever had was with Sensors. I am kinda-sorta-quasi-dating an ESTJ female right now and while we do communicate things very differntly, she has been very effective at digging info out of me and adjusting to me in a way that I can be more comfortable with her In a very practical way.

I have languished in relationships with other intuitives who spent more time analyzing what I was doing/saying and missing the point completely as well...

Reactions: Gaze
I am not 100% sure I agree. Explanation is mandatory for people who are deep thinkers and introverted. And Just because someone is an intuitive doesnt mean they will get you, and just because someone is a sensor doesnt mean they cannot get you. Some of the best and most meaningful relationships I ever had was with Sensors. I am kinda-sorta-quasi-dating an ESTJ female right now and while we do communicate things very differntly, she has been very effective at digging info out of me and adjusting to me in a way that I can be more comfortable with her In a very practical way.

I have languished in relationships with other intuitives who spent more time analyzing what I was doing/saying and missing the point completely as well...

Yeah, true. Which is why I said, that someone can't expect everyone to intuit everything they think or feel. I just meant that it helps to have someone with whom you don't have to verbalise everything because they can pick up on some things.

Just because someone is an intuitive doesnt mean they will get you
INFPs don't understand every little thing that is going on in my life, I'm sure, but when I choose to be relatively non-verbal, they understand that I just want to hang out and not have to explain every little thing in my mind. They love it when I smile peacefully.
INTJs want explanation, but they are impatient fucks when you want to converse with them about details they don't want to hear. So what's the point? Once I've established a comfortable connection with them via some ongoing activity, they understand the ropes of how we operate together.

and just because someone is a sensor doesnt mean they cannot get you. Some of the best and most meaningful relationships I ever had was with Sensors. I am kinda-sorta-quasi-dating an ESTJ female right now and while we do communicate things very differntly, she has been very effective at digging info out of me and adjusting to me in a way that I can be more comfortable with her In a very practical way.
I love ISFJs and ISFPs. They are almost extroverts but also sweet and fun.
ESTJs take a little adjusting to, but they are the quaintest puppies you will ever meet. (In broad generalities, ESTJ = socionics ESTj. If you're INFj or close enough, ESTj is your Dual Relation = i n t i m a c y g a l o r e). You can be their puppy, and they won't abuse you like ISTJs would. You can treat them like they're your delightful bestfriend, and they will literally start acting like your kitten.

Yes. INTPs are critical, manipulative, and erratic (in an incompatible way).

There. I said it.

INFPs don't understand every little thing that is going on in my life, I'm sure, but when I choose to be relatively non-verbal, they understand that I just want to hang out and not have to explain every little thing in my mind. They love it when I smile peacefully.
INTJs want explanation, but they are impatient fucks when you want to converse with them about details they don't want to hear. So what's the point? Once I've established a comfortable connection with them via some ongoing activity, they understand the ropes of how we operate together.

I love ISFJs and ISFPs. They are almost extroverts but also sweet and fun.
ESTJs take a little adjusting to, but they are the quaintest puppies you will ever meet. (In broad generalities, ESTJ = socionics ESTj. If you're INFj or close enough, ESTj is your Dual Relation = i n t i m a c y g a l o r e). You can be their puppy, and they won't abuse you like ISTJs would. You can treat them like they're your delightful bestfriend, and they will literally start acting like your kitten.

Yes. INTPs are critical, manipulative, and erratic (in an incompatible way).

There. I said it.

I think you are using types a little too literally and losing a lot of the people behind them. I did this a lot too for a bit and realized that any action can be typed a number of different ways and as such I couldn't reliably use typology as a means for divining what people would do or even why. It helps a little in explaining how they do it, but even that isnt effective enough to be reliable because as I said, any 100 people who look at a person under a microscope will see 100 different things.

I think you are using types a little too literally and losing a lot of the people behind them. I did this a lot too for a bit and realized that any action can be typed a number of different ways and as such I couldn't reliably use typology as a means for divining what people would do or even why. It helps a little in explaining how they do it, but even that isnt effective enough to be reliable because as I said, any 100 people who look at a person under a microscope will see 100 different things.
My "confidence" in typing someone usually arises from very stark characteristics in them, even if my typing them may in fact be incorrect. It is usually a tentative measure to ensure my sanity about how I want to interact with them in general rather than a detailed contingency plan.

I'm in a phase when I need to categorize people. I have a linear, categorical mind. This is how I cope with people, one at a time, one feature at a time. While this may be an artificial explanation, I find it quite suitable for the time being. When I have mis-predicted and mis-divined, I recalibrate with non-typological ideas.

But you're right. For most people, I don't give a damn about their typology. I just interact with them and see how much energy I want to put forth to interact with them. I will still analyze. I will still assess. And so will they. That's because I have limited energy and patience - just as they do.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gaze
Honestly, I think you're cool.

They're great to talk to! Always have deep, insightful conversations with 'em.

I am an INFP with high INFJ tendencies...I am artistic as well as cerebral...on my enneagram score, my artistic and thinking sides are practically fused...I like to use both..

So I'll say...It's like talking to a similar person.. :)