What Cognitive Functions Are Being Used? | INFJ Forum

What Cognitive Functions Are Being Used?

VH

Variable Hybrid
Feb 12, 2009
MBTI
NFJedi
[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/5MeiwLLZjDo&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/5MeiwLLZjDo&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

As an interesting exercise (pun quite intended), try to identify the cognitive functions used in this video.

I'm interested as to what you guys see here.

Last edited:
I'm seeing a LOT of Se...I think you would need that to be so connected with the physical reality. But I think there almost has to be a strong influence of an N function as well...I'm not sure whether Ni or Ne though. I'm leaning more towards Ni

I'd say, in general, that looks like an ISTP's (or ESTP's) sort of playground

All i know is that this guy should be on ninja warrior.

This has little to do with cognitive functions. Anyone can learn it.

I saw Se, Ti, Ni.

What do you see?

The mind must be used to create movements as intricate as that -- that's an art, not just movement. And art is very conscious

It could be any and all, but he looks like an ISTP to me so I'm gonna say mostly Ti. No matter the type, Se is required.

I saw Se, Ti, Ni.

What do you see?

I'm seeing a lot of Se and Ni, combined with Ti, and a wee bit of Fe.

I am quite convinced that this guy is an ESTP. I work with a troop of professional acrobats, and the lot of them seem to be textbook ESTPs, as if it were a job requirement.

I posted this video because it is an excellent example of what INFJs are capable of, if they focused themselves to developed their Ti and especially Se, because ESTPs share the same set of cognitive functions, just in a different order.

This has little to do with cognitive functions. Anyone can learn it.

I'd be interested to see you develop any of these tricks and post them in video format on youtube. However, I won't challenge you to do so because they could be quite dangerous to an untrained acrobat. I would feel terrible if you got hurt.

You're going to have a terrible time with anything even remotely resembling the advanced moves, because you have no inherent Se. As witnessed...

I see a body moving. It's not a mind.

The body cannot move without the mind. And this sort of movement is profoundly the realm of Se.

Last edited:
85% Se
10% Ni
5% Ne

I don't see cognitive functions, I see muscle. It would appear that he is using a lot of Se, and while he is, he is also using his memory of how to preform the moves significantly too, which I am guessing is Si. He needs to rely more on memory than on Se to preform those moves. It is like dancing. You don't just dance- you learn the moves and practice them, and afterward you preform them.

Shoot. I had to wait until I had a better (faster) computer to see it, but if he's not a stuntman he should be. Definitely some Se in there and Ni (he judges his surroundings so accurately it has to be some strong intuitive process going on). Ti as well, but I'm not sure of F at all.