What Are You Going To Do If Your Choice Loses? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

What Are You Going To Do If Your Choice Loses?

First thing: I'm going to lock down my social media and unfriend/unfollow people regardless of who wins. I use social media for work, so I've always been more open about 'friending' than I would be if it were personal.
I've always had all different kinds of friends, but this election season has made me want to be more guarded about people. The majority of my Trumpeter 'friends' are pragmatic, economically conservative thinkers, or ex-military (and I will continue to be friends with them and respect them) but some people I've known for decades now feel safe coming out as blatant neo-Nazis. This includes some people who were formerly anti-racism activists! By this I mean literally posting Nazi propaganda and beliefs and voicing white power, 'master race' opinions, and political ideas that I find anti-American (because... you know... Nazi Germany was our enemy during WWII.)

I no longer feel safe discussing politics openly, except on a forum like this one, and even here... barely. I feel like if Trump wins, which will give such people a boost, being liberal will be like painting a target on my face. I'm entering watch everything/ say nothing mode.

I am not as bold as I used to be. I was thinking about this today. If Trump wins, I will quietly dissent. His supporters are irrational, angry, and scary and when in groups, apparently violent against those who oppose him. I don't want to draw that attention towards myself or my family.

Don't mean to sound like a social catastrophist, but one way or another, you guyz are gonna willingly or unwillingly live the dream. Not Martin Luther's dream, but Orwell's. Did I say dream? I meant nightmare. Don't worry the rest of the West will join you :)

200.gif

Nothing at all. Be grateful that the stock market won't take a large and immediate tumble. Because of my great dislike for both candidates this election, I feel pretty un-fired up about the outcome, regardless of my ultimate voting choice.

If my candidate Milky B doesn't win, we plan to run once more in 2020. He'll probably fire me again but that's OK. We've been open about things, and he's seeing other campaign managers. As an outsider it feels like this election seems to have stirred up a lot of highly charged anger in America.

Was this just down to who the two candidates were? Or is it revealing of some deeper issues in society? Things are very mixed in Britain right now, but I'm sure we'll get things back to a more level place. For me this is about what it always is, moderate rational people (left or right) standing up to the extremists on either side.

They maybe noisy, threatening and even violent, but they are a minority. I think the most scary thing is if we allow people like that, to intimidate the rest of us into silence. In my idealistic youth I went on an anti racism March in Brussels. There had been some scary Nazi type violence at the time. People I worked with thought it was foolish, perhaps it was. But I had to reply, things like that had happened before in Europe, and there were not enough people willing to challenge it, and for me that made things much worse later on.

The March was fine, there were many different nationalities, including a lot of young German people. I'd been very nervous, and I thought that was very heartening. I'd never experienced anything like it. There were quite a few more peaceful protests, and the racist violence diminished. I'm not a protestor or political person really, but I think sometimes we all hope someone will do something, when that someone could be us.

After the horrible murder of one our MPs Jo Cox, in the street earlier this year, I think there have been some substantial efforts to dial down the hate, and tone down the language here. Just for the record, as terrible as her murder was (the idiot shot and stabbed her to death) a 77 year old unarmed man tackled the thug and tried to save her. He was seriously injured but miraculously survived. The majority of people want to live decently. The idiots are few but make a lot of noise , and for the most part usually end up harming themselves.

Good luck today, and vote Milky B.
"What could possibly go wrong?"

I would consider travelling to other countries more, just to see what life is like elsewhere. Although, that was always on my list to do. :)

Well shell be impeached. It will be interesting to see how she can delay the process as President. When she's impeached the evidence against her is full and absolute. Shes like a pitbull and wont be able to let go though. Which means no resignation or plea deals. Both she and Bill could very easily actually wnd up in jail (where they both belong). The sad news is the country is going to have to live through the lies they spew while at it. The icing on the cake though is watching both of them end up exactly where they belong.
I consider Kaine to be slow and soft. Hell be a nobody. ..just a foot note in history

Reactions: Asa and Sandie33
If my candidate Milky B doesn't win, we plan to run once more in 2020. He'll probably fire me again but that's OK. We've been open about things, and he's seeing other campaign managers. As an outsider it feels like this election seems to have stirred up a lot of highly charged anger in America.

Was this just down to who the two candidates were? Or is it revealing of some deeper issues in society? Things are very mixed in Britain right now, but I'm sure we'll get things back to a more level place. For me this is about what it always is, moderate rational people (left or right) standing up to the extremists on either side.

They maybe noisy, threatening and even violent, but they are a minority. I think the most scary thing is if we allow people like that, to intimidate the rest of us into silence. In my idealistic youth I went on an anti racism March in Brussels. There had been some scary Nazi type violence at the time. People I worked with thought it was foolish, perhaps it was. But I had to reply, things like that had happened before in Europe, and there were not enough people willing to challenge it, and for me that made things much worse later on.

The March was fine, there were many different nationalities, including a lot of young German people. I'd been very nervous, and I thought that was very heartening. I'd never experienced anything like it. There were quite a few more peaceful protests, and the racist violence diminished. I'm not a protestor or political person really, but I think sometimes we all hope someone will do something, when that someone could be us.

After the horrible murder of one our MPs Jo Cox, in the street earlier this year, I think there have been some substantial efforts to dial down the hate, and tone down the language here. Just for the record, as terrible as her murder was (the idiot shot and stabbed her to death) a 77 year old unarmed man tackled the thug and tried to save her. He was seriously injured but miraculously survived. The majority of people want to live decently. The idiots are few but make a lot of noise , and for the most part usually end up harming themselves.

Good luck today, and vote Milky B.
"What could possibly go wrong?"
Nothing is getting dialed down. There is a breaking point and its just around the corner. In some ways I think it was inevitable. This many people. ..resources getting stretched. Just tinder waiting for a match.

Don't mean to sound like a social catastrophist, but one way or another, you guyz are gonna willingly or unwillingly live the dream. Not Martin Luther's dream, but Orwell's. Did I say dream? I meant nightmare. Don't worry the rest of the West will join you :)

200.gif
Where you gonna be? Off world? Cause no ones getting out of this.

Reactions: Night Owl and Asa
I am not as bold as I used to be. I was thinking about this today. If Trump wins, I will quietly dissent. His supporters are irrational, angry, and scary and when in groups, apparently violent against those who oppose him. I don't want to draw that attention towards myself or my family.
Lots of words to describe those people. So let me keep this fair and add the words that describe Hillary supporters. Slow, uninformed and very likely...morally corrupt

I honestly don't forsee HUGE changes sweeping the nation with either candidate. Though, my so says we should be preparing for war with Russia depending on who wins. I just... can't even think about more war right now.

So, I'm just going to build a blanket fort and hope for some good conversation about furbabies, poo, highly caffeinated beverages, and otherworldly stuffs. You know, the things that really matter. :p

enhanced-buzz-31095-1366999314-16.jpg

I honestly don't forsee HUGE changes sweeping the nation with either candidate. Though, my so says we should be preparing for war with Russia depending on who wins. I just... can't even think about more war right now.

So, I'm just going to build a blanket fort and hope for some good conversation about furbabies, poo, highly caffeinated beverages, and otherworldly stuffs. You know, the things that really matter. :p

View attachment 29930
Looks like many of us are right there with you...

Lots of words to describe those people. So let me keep this fair and add the words that describe Hillary supporters. Slow, uninformed and very likely...morally corrupt
I agree with you about many things about this election, but this is not one of them.

@acd is the bee's knees, too.

I agree with you about many things about this election, but this is not one of them.

@acd is the bee's knees, too.
Agreement simply is not required. This is my perception.

Go and live in Mexico?

Reactions: dang and James