What Are You Going To Do If Your Choice Loses? | INFJ Forum

What Are You Going To Do If Your Choice Loses?

Asa

Resident palindrome
Staff member
Administrator
Aug 21, 2015
MBTI
INFJ
Enneagram
5w4
What Are You Going To Do If Your Candidate Loses?

Nothing - life goes on?
Take action - Get involved in politics to try to make a difference?
Take action - Try to make a difference in the world without getting involved in politics?
Make changes to your life?
Cry?

First thing: I'm going to lock down my social media and unfriend/unfollow people regardless of who wins. I use social media for work, so I've always been more open about 'friending' than I would be if it were personal.
I've always had all different kinds of friends, but this election season has made me want to be more guarded about people. The majority of my Trumpeter 'friends' are pragmatic, economically conservative thinkers, or ex-military (and I will continue to be friends with them and respect them) but some people I've known for decades now feel safe coming out as blatant neo-Nazis. This includes some people who were formerly anti-racism activists! By this I mean literally posting Nazi propaganda and beliefs and voicing white power, 'master race' opinions, and political ideas that I find anti-American (because... you know... Nazi Germany was our enemy during WWII.)

I no longer feel safe discussing politics openly, except on a forum like this one, and even here... barely. I feel like if Trump wins, which will give such people a boost, being liberal will be like painting a target on my face. I'm entering watch everything/ say nothing mode.

Regardless of who wins the election I will cry sweet tears of joy for the never ending election will mercifully be finally over. Then I will take a long break from paying attention to politics while I focus on improving my life. If you want to make the world a better place take a look at yourself and make a change. I just made that up.

If you want to make the world a better place take a look at yourself and make a change. I just made that up.

I agree.
"If you want to change the world, you've got to change yourself." - Filth. (Crust band from the 90's)

I'm not sure there is going to be much time to come up for air, but I'd like to do that, too. I think the next few months will give many lessons about how to navigate our lives in the coming years.

Last edited:
I already know my presidential candidate will lose. I'm hoping my local votes will actually bring about some good change, especially in the school superintendent position.

Nothing changes for me. I am already active in making my life/world better I will continue that.

All the above @Asa...I believe we will all be relieved to have an answer as to who our "leader" will be.

I'm planning on tightening things up to...people, things, the way I act/react in the Now. I'm not going to remain future oriented, day or two and that's it. I've let go of the past as a habit. Today, right now will hold me.

I'm mildly worried about the direction Americans are headed...I've been trying to distract my worry from the major upheaval I see coming after the close in election tomorrow evening...Thank goodness it will be short lived. :-/

@Sandie33 --- <3

This will be an opportunity for Americans, including leaders, to make positive changes.
I also think some bad, bad stuff could happen.
Either way, I don't think anyone (American) will be unaffected.
I'm not interested in making formal predictions. LOL.

Reactions: dang and Sandie33
I am going to fucking cry.

Yessssss

163.gif

@Sandie33 --- <3

This will be an opportunity for Americans, including leaders, to make positive changes.
I also think some bad, bad stuff could happen.
Either way, I don't think anyone (American) will be unaffected.
I'm not interested in making formal predictions. LOL.
Oh I so hope folks look to change too...<3 We shall all stand together and watch then. I'll bring the coffee...ehe? :)

Reactions: James and Asa
Coffee will help, because this is all of us tomorrow:

giphy-1.gif

Dear America

tumblr_static_tumblr_static__640.jpg

@Wyote --- runs off to cry.

No, no, please continue being sad. Thank you.

Reactions: Wyote
If you want to make the world a better place take a look at yourself and make a change
I think that's from 'Man in the Mirror' Michael Jackson.

Reactions: Kgal and James