What are the ideals of ENFPs? | INFJ Forum

What are the ideals of ENFPs?

knight in battle

Feb 28, 2011
MBTI
INFJ
I thought it was important to understand what their ideals were, whether one gets along with ENFPs or not. I don't know what the ideals of ENFPs are. Does anyone have any ideas?

That's a very broad question, so it's impossible to say for sure. One of my closest friends is an ENFP, so I'll describe his qualities in a nutshell. He seems to value getting along with everyone, but he also values having meaningful relationships like most introverts, he is excellent when it comes to influencing people, he is responsible for most of my personal growth socially, and many people are surprised by his strong values (he has a fairly high J).

That's a very broad question, so it's impossible to say for sure. One of my closest friends is an ENFP, so I'll describe his qualities in a nutshell. He seems to value getting along with everyone, but he also values having meaningful relationships like most introverts, he is excellent when it comes to influencing people, he is responsible for most of my personal growth socially, and many people are surprised by his strong values (he has a fairly high J).

Extraverts can value meaningful relationships just as much as any introvert. F-types generally have strong values. FP types especially have strong internal values. ;)

[MENTION=3791]knight in battle[/MENTION]

As ColubridKing mentioned, ENFPs often value getting along with everyone, and are great motivators! As an Ne dominant, they tend to get bored easily and can exhibit ADHD like behaviour in that regard. Although, it is still possible for them to stick with something for long periods of time if their Fi and/or Si functions have a say in the matter.

Otherwise, I'm not entirely sure what you mean by ideals. Everyone has different ideals. It is unique to the individual.

Freedom to explore. (more preferable if it's direct support)

Passionate, undying connection with other people. They're with INFP in this one.

Seducing us. :p But in all seriousness, I think they're much more like us than we tend to be willing to admit. They usually seem to be really passionate about the causes and people they care about, and I think they value loving relationships (particularly very intense platonic friendships) just as much as we do.

I think they value freedom quite strongly, and resent narrow-mindedness as well as controlling tendencies (i.e. sometimes in the form of rules). They do care for others deeply, and therefore I'd say they probably also value harmony. They prob value people with whom they can let go and have fun without being brought down to reality or told to stop saying or doing things that "don't make sense". The like to explore (mentally) and I imagine they may appreciate novelty and having the opportunity to evaluate something or explore it (in the mental realm) "no holds barred".