What are signs that an INFJ girl wants to be more than friends? | INFJ Forum

What are signs that an INFJ girl wants to be more than friends?

INTJ Guy

Regular Poster
Mar 9, 2009
MBTI
INTJ
Ok, there's this girl I've known for more than a year now. If I had to guess, I'd say that she's an INFJ. She's definitely an NF. Anyway, we're really good friends, and I was just wondering what signs she would show that she wanted to be more than friends.

I've done a lot of reading on the friend zone and such, but I don't think that's where I'm at, she's always telling me about how much she enjoys my company, we hug all the time, and we've held hands before.

One more thing, if she seems really comfortable around you and feels comfortable confiding in you about anything, does that mean that the relationship is platonic, because that's usually a friend zone sign. I talked to another girl who's a friend of mine (ENFP) and she said that it could either mean that I'm in the friend zone or that it's more than a simple crush, and that we're actually in love with each other, but just don't realise it yet.

Your thoughts?

Hop on over to the relationship/interactions forum. There is LOTS of great info there.

He's already here. Thread Moved.

Good, the thread's been moved. My mistake, I'm new to this forum community.

If you hold hands, that is usually a definite sign of romance. If she is just holding your arm that means nothing either way.

Why not just ask her out on a romantical date? Then you'll know for sure. It sounds like she likes you. I would sure as hell not hold hands with a guy I wasn't interested in. Hugs could be friend zone. but the hand holding points to a crush.

And be sure to say the word romantical when you ask her out.

Last edited:
Why not just ask her out on a romantical date? Then you'll know for sure. It sounds like she likes you. I would sure as hell not hold hands with a guy I wasn't interested in. Hugs could be friend zone. but the hand holding points to a crush.

And be sure to say the word romantical when you ask her out.

You are so Romanticalesque! *hides hands* < I do that a lot and apparently it is one of the major reasons I can't play the piano.

You are so Romanticalesque! *hides hands* < I do that a lot and apparently it is one of the major reasons I can't play the piano.
You hide your hands and can't play the piano? Because all the lasses fight for your hand? You enigma you!!

Last edited:
You could, y'know, ask her...

But don't forget the chocolates, of course! We demand it. We will not be appeased without our daily chocolate offerings.

I demand butterflies over chocolates..and not in my stomach---not the figurative kind. I want real. tangible. butterflies..

Reactions: hn87c901
I never held hands with a friend so it's looking good for you. If someone asked me out on a 'romantical date' I'd love it. It sounds fun and funny and takes away any pressure.
Good thinking merrytrees.

Reactions: hn87c901
I never held hands with a friend so it's looking good for you. If someone asked me out on a 'romantical date' I'd love it. It sounds fun and funny and takes away any pressure.
Good thinking merrytrees.

I have held hands with lots of people including little children and people on their deathbeds. Didn't mean I wanted to fuck them.

I have held hands with lots of people including little children and people on their deathbeds. Didn't mean I wanted to fuck them.
That's kinda different than holding hands with someone of the opposite sex who you're friendly with, y'know? I just personally don't hold hands with my dude friends when we all go out cuz I feel it might imply something.

Last edited:

Way to twist what is being said.

Well I should add that we've been out together, with just the two of us. That's usually the way it is. One night we just sat on a bench near the beach and talked. I know, I'm stupid, but she does a lot of other stuff that makes me think we're just friends.

INFJs are very much about being friends with the people we love. We don't need flash and dazzle. We don't need a lot of the stuff that other types need to feel romantic or loved, though sometimes they are nice. On the other hand, what makes us feel those things are often different than the other types.

I'm a guy, but here are a few things I think I share with my INFJs sisters...

I don't hold hands with anyone unless I feel a romantic connection with them.
I don't give affection easily to anyone but those that I am romantic with.
Touching is sacred to me, which is why I don't touch people unless they are special to me.
Simple affection with the person I love is sometimes more fulfilling to me than sex.
I think that just being near the people I love is one of the most romantic things. It doesn't matter what we are doing, if anything at all.
I draw so much comfort from just being close to the person I love.
My special person is the most important thing to me, and that's why I am so comfortable and casual around them.
I don't mind waiting on them to grow into the relationship.
I have no need to push things. I'm happy with them where they are, and as they happen. They'll get there.
I don't give these things to anyone that I am not interested in, and make sure that I don't so I don't give anyone the wrong impression.
If I'm giving a girl these things, it means I'm falling in love with her or that I already have.
I love being in love, and I show my love by simply being sincere.

Last edited:
Holding hands with a girl who is a friend is a sign of a deeper than usual inner connection, a deeper intimacy. It doesn't have to mean to me that it has to be anything more than that to me though. I mean sure there may be some romantic feelings and physical attraction, but it can be enjoyed as just that without having to be a couple or even date or anything. It's a sign of mutual attraction/affection. It's true that I don't do that with most girls I know, but with some it's just natural sometimes.

So, maybe we are not "just friends" but friends +? I mean every human interaction is unique, and they really can't fit all that well into categories, I don't think.

I think holding hands is a good sign. I'm strangely picky about who I hold hands with because my hands are always really cold for some reason

I demand butterflies over chocolates..and not in my stomach---not the figurative kind. I want real. tangible. butterflies..

If you put butterflies in a jar with fireflies, would they fight or hurt each other? It would sort of negate the sentiment, but it might be pretty.

How about a t shirt instead?
http://www.tshirthell.com/funny-shi...st-dialectic-brings-all-the-boys-to-the-yard/

Ok, Maybe I'm the only one who wants this shirt. But I have too many shirts that say stuff on them.

How sweet, I hope she's in to you!