[ENFP] - Weird technology | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

[ENFP] Weird technology

Over 70 women killed by men in intimate relationships in Britain is not a number that I can consider to be very low

Ok I appreciate your comments. The reason I mentioned numbers was to try to see things in perspective. 70 murders of anyone, men or women is 70 too many.

Just a bit of constructive criticism, a couple of times since I have been back (4 days or so) I have thought that forum members might benefit by opening your minds a bit more to the possibilities presented by alternative voices. This is no illuminati thread, but there seems to be a pretty good amount of dismissive attitude that has been expressed towards it.

What happened is that a member here posted very deliberately wanting to mobilise an agitation against violence on women. I find that extremely cool and it is actually very flattering to the forum members here in terms of a faith expressed in their abilities to cause meaningful social change. You guys should be looking up to the OP, but some of you even seem to mock him, and that is so sad.
Full props to both you and @wolly.green for addressing a horrifying issue. Yes, these atrocities do exist in our society regardless of social class, but having an indifferent attitude towards them does nothing.
Though I tend to have little faith in the powers that be, you did the right thing, Wolly, by reporting it. It may not go anywhere, but it's one more voice where there was none. The more voices that speak up, the more willing authorities are to listen.

"In the first place, good people are rarely suspicious; they cannot imagine others doing the things they themselves are incapable of doing; usually they accept the undramatic conclusion as the correct one, and let matters rest there. Then, too, the normal are inclined to view the multiple killer as the as the one who’s as monstrous in appearance as he is in mind, which is about as far from the truth as one could well get. He paused and then said that these monsters of real life usually looked and behaved in a more normal manner than their actually normal brothers and sisters: they presented a more convincing picture of virtue than virtue presented of itself—just as the wax rosebud or the plastic peach seemed more perfect to the eye, more what the mind thought a rosebud or a peach should be than the imperfect original from which it had been modeled."

- William March

Reactions: Wyote and acd