"We need to raise taxes so we can have a retirement" | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

"We need to raise taxes so we can have a retirement"

Raising taxes should be a thing of the past. The few get wealthier, and the rest are caught in a spider's web.

Reactions: Skarekrow
Exactly where does that specific money from those sales go in the government to be spent on what?

Exactly where does that specific money from those sales go in the government to be spent on what?
More weapons and war to sell.
It certainly isn’t helping fund anything for anyone at home.
Not even the VA sadly.

Who in our government gets "helped out" on 600 billion dollar arms contracts?

quote Lawmakers, however, may have other things than military effectiveness in mind — namely, jobs and the economic impact of production. The additional planes were added to the House version of the funding bill at the urging of Rep. Kay Granger, a Republican who represents the Texas district that contains Lockheed’s F-35 assembly plant. Lockheed has strong support in Congress, Capaccio notes, thanks in part to its network of 1,500 suppliers scattered across 46 states.

Defense analyst Richard Aboulafia told Capaccio that the push to build more F-35s in the coming fiscal year is “really a simple matter of wanting more jobs and money.” At current levels, the “program is very healthy and fat with orders, so more planes are just icing on the cake,” Aboulafia said, adding that the additional funding might be better spent on sustaining the existing fleet. unquote

As for the original post, they would not pass the rate hike for retirement. The people voted against a new fire fee. They just raised the millage rate Go figure.

quote Lawmakers, however, may have other things than military effectiveness in mind — namely, jobs and the economic impact of production. The additional planes were added to the House version of the funding bill at the urging of Rep. Kay Granger, a Republican who represents the Texas district that contains Lockheed’s F-35 assembly plant. Lockheed has strong support in Congress, Capaccio notes, thanks in part to its network of 1,500 suppliers scattered across 46 states.

Defense analyst Richard Aboulafia told Capaccio that the push to build more F-35s in the coming fiscal year is “really a simple matter of wanting more jobs and money.” At current levels, the “program is very healthy and fat with orders, so more planes are just icing on the cake,” Aboulafia said, adding that the additional funding might be better spent on sustaining the existing fleet. unquote

As for the original post, they would not pass the rate hike for retirement. The people voted against a new fire fee. They just raised the millage rate Go figure.
Yeah, property taxes here jumped significantly this year.
I don’t mind if they update the air force with newer jets and phase out the older ones...but they are not phasing anything out...just continuously expanding indefinitely.
Not only that...but as the article I posted states....all those jets are still full of bugs and unresolved issues that will cost even more money to fix so they fly properly - though they have been trying to do that for how long now?
And they are still full of gremlins and bugs?
What a waste.

Reactions: just me
Unemployment stats have become a powerful political tool instead of a humanitary crisis.

Unemployment stats have become a powerful political tool instead of a humanitary crisis.

In which ways do you see it being used as such?
With unemployment at a very low percentage for the past couple years - please elaborate.
I don’t disagree, just curious.

Reactions: just me
They use "creating more jobs" when asking to build F-35s....etc.

Loot_and_Extortion_-_geograph.org.uk_-_88390.jpg

Wouldn't extortion of government funds be misappropriation of funds? Paint it with a color that sounds insane, then let it fly. I wonder...

No offense meant toward Inland. When funds are disguised with something and taken from a government, do they list in their budget where the funds came from originally?

Loot_and_Extortion_-_geograph.org.uk_-_88390.jpg

Wouldn't extortion of government funds be misappropriation of funds? Paint it with a color that sounds insane, then let it fly. I wonder...

No offense meant toward Inland. When funds are disguised with something and taken from a government, do they list in their budget where the funds came from originally?
https://www.fedsmith.com/2018/07/05/fixing-social-security-starts-us-voters/
https://www.fedsmith.com/2013/05/23/government-owes-2-7-trillion-to-social-security/

We should ask for accountability before we allow the raising of taxes.

Last edited: