We discover Mozart, bit by bit. | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

We discover Mozart, bit by bit.

With the price of gold being what it is that's still a few bucks dude... :grimacing:
Errr....
"How many electrons in 1 gram? The answer is 1.0977693108051E+27. We assume you are converting between electron and gram. 1 kilogram is equal to 1.0977693108051E+30 electrons, or 1000 gram"

Reactions: infinite dreams
Hilarious.

As a note, I've grown up around music and have played all sorts of instruments.
As another note, I've got no time for your poor writing and weird shenanigans.
As a final note, I'm cool.
But you clearly have time. You already given me so much.

Last edited:
While EH is pointlessly bickering as usual, I'll explain my position in full. Because I wasn't kidding and therefore seem to be in need of it.

I did listen to all of it, and though there may not be a technical fault in the executition of the Oboeist, I found that the timing was way off sometimes. Especially in the first movement I noticed that he didn't play well with the rest of the orchestra. You may point out that it is supposed to be this way because he has to stand out, but you still have to harmonise with them, which he didn't do due to his obvious divergence in pace.

I took it to be incapability at first, but if he is as good as il signor says above, it is worse - he is arrogant -, which in turn explains his lack of feeling during his rendition.

You can agree with me or let's just call it "i gusti sono gusti", each to his (or her) own taste.

While EH is pointlessly bickering as usual, I'll explain my position in full. Because I wasn't kidding and therefore seem to be in need of it.

I did listen to all of it, and though there may not be a technical fault in the executition of the Oboeist, I found that the timing was way off sometimes. Especially in the first movement I noticed that he didn't play well with the rest of the orchestra. You may point out that it is supposed to be this way because he has to stand out, but you still have to harmonise with them, which he didn't do due to his obvious divergence in pace.

I took it to be incapability at first, but if he is as good as il signor says above, it is worse - he is arrogant -, which in turn explains his lack of feeling during his rendition.

You can agree with me or let's just call it "i gusti sono gusti", each to his (or her) own taste.
Thank you for clarifying. I couldnt tell if you were being funny or serious. You seem to have an ability that is beyond me.

Reactions: Ginny
Thank you for clarifying. I couldnt tell if you were being funny or serious. You seem to have an ability that is beyond me.
I'm not so sure about that. But if I had to guess, I'd say I learnt to listen to and for emotions in music. And from that I can determine whether it is honest in its conveyance. It's a matter of letting the music get to you, while still remaining critical. An honest rendition of a piece can make you feel something. It's easier to see in movie scores, because nowadays it's not likely for anyone to be surprised by any plot-twist to actually feel what you're supposed to feel in that scene. So, if the music conveys that very emotion correctly, you can say that it is honest.

Perhaps this has to do with Fe, if you believe such a thing is possible.

Especially in the first movement I noticed that he didn't play well with the rest of the orchestra.

I think I generally agree, which is why I pointed out that it got better around the ten minute mark, or at least for me that's when it started to gel better and the emotion was a bit more present.
I still think some of it is attributable to the poor audio, but I wasn't able to grasp what was wrong exactly other than an intuitive feeling about it.

Reactions: Ginny
I think I generally agree, which is why I pointed out that it got better around the ten minute mark, or at least for me that's when it started to gel better and the emotion was a bit more present.
I still think some of it is attributable to the poor audio, but I wasn't able to grasp what was wrong exactly other than an intuitive feeling about it.
Perhaps it is poor audio too. But on whose side? The Hessischer Rundfunk (hr) or wherever they were ought to have an adequate sound system, and the quality on YT has improved as well, so long as you don't try to download. The one other link I can imagine is the person who recorded and uploaded it...

Still, my points of critique remain.

Reactions: Wyote
.....sol sol mi mi mi mi re re re re do re mi dooooo mi laaaaa fa re la fa re si do re mi dooooo mi laaaaa fa re la fa re si do re mi DO!