[Important] - US Senate votes to let military detain citizens indefinitely | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

[Important] US Senate votes to let military detain citizens indefinitely

It's just the cycle of life. Eventually the American empire will implode and be replaced with some other government.

But what kind? :m162:

Some people say, if you've got nothing to hide, you've got nothing to fear....

What would you do to change things if you were an American citizen?

I really don't know.

I'm not sure there is anything you can do. I think maybe the ship is going down and all you can hope to do is have something that floats to hang onto.

I've thought about this kind of situation more than once before but if you think about any great empire or civilisation...they will tell you that these things collapse over a period of days, months, years etc but I never really thought about what that meant. It means that life probably seemingly went on as 'normal' for a lot of the citizens of the Roman Empire or whoever else. All of these dramatic political scenarios were playing out, failures and apparant uselessness of government became more regular. Maybe there was even the kind of austerity that is happening for many now. When the current model has been exhausted, something will replace it but by no means does that always happen by violent revolution and civil war...it has been a lot more subtle before and could easily be for the decline of the USA as The Greatest Country in the World.

But politics, like nature, abhors a vacuum...and it is those brief windows that will appear that are the only chance. Anything too dramatic would never work. Whoever has the power really in your country has got EVERYONE by the balls and it will hurt when they start squeezing. That being said, there is a lot that is very good about the USA so you are not going to ever have to start from scratch.

I suppose it would be not to try to change what is but to prepare yourself for what will be and, if you are one to get involved, what could be.

That would mainly come by recognising what is and weaning yourself off it. Whether that is culturally, financially, emotionally...whatever. Think about what could change and really change soon and make sure you are prepared for it.

Oh, and never be suprised at what the ruling class will do when they feel they are losing control. All institutions will collapse and there will be less and less of a nation to speak of. Abstract concepts once taken for granted and given material status will become abstract once more. This will take a lot of people by suprise who aren't aware that the United States of America doesn't really...exist. Europe has shuffled about loads. France becomes Germany and Germany becomes Poland etc...a lot of shuffling. I'd wager a good proportion of the American population aren't fully aware that these things happen and that there aren't real things as nations.

Whatever happens, it's going to be something the world has never exactly been through before but we will have experienced something similar always.

But you're in such a big country how can you ever really change anything but yourself? If they've got most people by the balls try to relase your own as much as possible.

That's what I'm doing here. It's not a dig at America...or Americans. Shit, I hope Orlando survives the nuclear holocaust. I still haven't been on the Jurassic Park ride!

Last edited:
Well I am glad this thread is getting the discussion it deserves.. after almost a year..

Again, how often did you hear anything about this in the news over the past year?
This past May, the Federal Court banned the NDAA provision to indefinitely detain citizens, as it is a threat to First Amendment and Fifth Amendment rights.
Do you think that will be the end of it? Nope. Now that decision is under appeal. Again. Not anywhere in the mainstream news. Haven't seen it in any papers online or print besides Huffington Post..

Last edited:
Well I am glad this thread is getting the discussion it deserves.. after almost a year..

Again, how often did you hear anything about this in the news over the past year?
This past May, the Federal Court banned the NDAA provision to indefinitely detain citizens, as it is a threat to First Amendment and Fifth Amendment rights.
Do you think that will be the end of it? Nope. Now that decision is under appeal.

LOOK, FREEDOM is for ATHEIST COMMUNIST PEDOPHILE HOMOSEXUALS ok?! REAL Americans want to KILL and TORTURE TERRISTS! IF you dont agree you are clearly NOT a REAL American. OK!? GOD will punish you with eternal HELLFIRE if you disagree with my post!

Reactions: acd
LOOK, FREEDOM is for ATHEIST COMMUNIST PEDOPHILE HOMOSEXUALS ok?! REAL Americans want to KILL and TORTURE TERRISTS! IF you dont agree you are clearly NOT a REAL American. OK!? GOD will punish you with eternal HELLFIRE if you disagree with my post!

Quit trollin me billy!!
:D

Quit trollin me billy!!
:D

That's not makeup in his picture. That's what you get for asking an officer what the problem is! ;P

steve-brule.gif

What would you do to change things if you were an American citizen?

In an ideal world (ideal for me) I would start some kind of business that is easily mobile so I can escape to a foreign land to wait out american apocalypse. Meanwhile I would have many children to pass on my legacy because its an ideal world and my genes are important. If my children ever come back to America or stay away is obviously their decision.

The answer is simple people. We simply sit back and wait for China to bomb their asses back to the stone age

Bummer huh? Sucks to be you

The answer is simple people. We simply sit back and wait for China to bomb their asses back to the stone age

Would The South then rise again because they were less dependant on fancy doowackies and whatchumajiggers?

I say definitely.

Plus they have all the guns and many already live in post-apocalyptic environments.

Would The South then rise again because they were less dependant on fancy doowackies and whatchumajiggers?

I say definitely.

Plus they have all the guns and many already live in post-apocalyptic environments.

I think it may be best for everyone if they just do what the romans did with scotland and built a big wall to keep all the yokels out