ESC2367

Community Member
Jul 30, 2021
MBTI
INFJ-T
Enneagram
4w5
462649ecd5e4a01ce4a0a5c07cc7674a.jpeg
Are any of the schools in your area like this? I just heard it on the news...

I'm not sure how you mean this. I'm in a state where the state legislature stripped the governor of emergency powers to enact mandates and stripped public health departments of authority to issue mandates in a public health crisis. As a result, we wait for our county or city council members across the state to vote on whether their jurisdiction will follow the recommendations of the public health experts who should be making these calls. So the whole thing has been officially politicized. School boards have been bullied and harassed by covid deniers and anti maskers for months. Many school districts refuse to enact any precautions as a result, instead, waiting on local legislatures to tell them what to do and the local councils are too afraid to vote on shit. We're at the mercy of science deniers and cowards to get through this pandemic now.

If it wasn't so tragic it would be laughable how completely inept the republicans in my state are to manage this crisis. It's like their official policy is to pretend it's just not happening. It's really infuriating. I could rant on and on at the utter incompetence handling this. 2020 we did pretty good until state Republicans got involved. Now it's quickly turning into a shit show as schools have opened back up.

Last edited:
Our school district keeps saying, 'We are watching the numbers.' I email the school board and Superintendent. "We continue to monitor the data." (And do nothing.) Now I see a story come out in our local paper that our Superintendent is monitoring the data as 600 students and staff are in quarantine (not 2 weeks into the year) to determine what measures can be taken to keep children safely in school. We have over a year of data on what works in school. It worked last year! Nothing like a reactive approach to public health in a pandemic!

People refusing to do their job and make tough or unpopular decisions is making me so mad I almost want to run for office or school board lol. F*cking do your jobs. That might be my campaign slogan: Not Afraid To Do My F*cking Job! :laughing:

The right thing is not always the popular thing though. Doesn't get votes.

Our governor and our public health depts did their job last year and while it may have prevented a covid disaster in our state and in our schools, look where it's got us now. Maybe it's all just hopeless and pointless because people for the most part inherently suck lol. Put that on a bumper sticker too.

Last edited:
Frankly opening schools without requiring vaccination of all staff ...and masks for all students along with distancing is madness.
Covid numbers are rising and the healthcare system is collapsing.

Since the corporate hijacking of American politics in the 20th century, the collective discourse has become more dumb. However, social media holds promise for a more rich discussion on public health crisis's despite potential for abuse.

Reactions: Asa and ESC2367
I just looked at the daily case count and weekly average and can only ask what the fuck?

It's very strange. Even when the anti-vaccine advocates die of covid people still don't get it.
And of course now we have the rise of veterinary medicine to provide a miraculous cure to covid.
I'm quite certain the next thing will be a return to the barber surgeon who will do bloodlettings to balance the humors in the body.
It is all maddening

Yeah it's kinda horrifying, Especially since Nebraska is a republican state
I'm quite certain the next thing will be a return to the barber surgeon who will do bloodlettings to balance the humors in the body.
It is all maddening

i had to silently laugh and smirk with this one...

It does seem like it's heading this direction.

I certainly appreciate the reality of the left knowing the truth and the right being dumber than anything known to mankind. With that in mind the provided link is a 36 page treatise via the Japanese scientific community on EVERYTHING via avermectin AND Ivermectin. I am extremely confident this can also be trashed by the left but none the less here are the FACTS.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3043740/

Our school district finally decided to mandate masks k-12 as we now have 900 kids in quarantine across the district 2 weeks into the year.

900! UGH!
It's good news kids can wear masks now, though.

Reactions: Linda Loo and acd
Our school district finally decided to mandate masks k-12 as we now have 900 kids in quarantine across the district 2 weeks into the year.

What were the criteria and tests used to put those children in quarantine?

Ah yes..internet facts..who needs reality. Do what you want, but people are dying..like it or not, we are in crisis. Dr internet may soothe you, but when covid comes to call,it will not save you.

Reactions: ESC2367 and Asa