U.S. drivers license | Page 4 | INFJ Forum

U.S. drivers license

Also I realise that I never responded to this. I went to the DMV each time one hour before it opened (so I got there at 6:00am) and there was already a line. When it's ten minutes to open the line extends to the parking lot. And, they have really bad communication down there. When we went in the first time they said we wouldn't need to bring all the identfication documents again because they had it in their system but then when we went without it as well as not filling out another app they said we needed all of it. This continued for the four trips.

All I can say is research, go online and see what the DMV website might say about the needed ID and when in doubt bring as much ID as possible.

This is almost becoming a DMV stress saving guide, if your local DMV is packed look for another one and look for low traffic times if morning is a bad idea then try closing, if that doesn't seem smart then try going when most people are at work or in school.

it's also a good idea to multi-task while your there, get your tags renewed along with your license when you have to go.

I'm not saying that the DMV isn't a bearucratic mess however, just that this is something that needs to be worked on smarter not harder.

Also; everything I have just described is not a state law, it is a federal law. It started in January of this year. If you have not been the DMV since January I strongly encourage you to renew your license early. Maybe then you will find out you are content with the laws.