Typing with disabilities | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

Typing with disabilities

sounds similar to astrology.

True! In fact, it is MBTI. Unfortunately, it's mbti used in a way only an idiot would consider

There was a thread somewhere around here that paired MBTI types with mental impairments common to that type. Pretty interesting.
I think I read this stuff on the interwebs, and though I disagree with the concept for the most part, as too much is factored in besides mbti, like attachment styles, trauma, childhood, genetics, and ennetype, I would agree that there are some types more "prone" to certain thought patterns due to our cognitive stacks.. and I believe I read "anxiety" was linked often to INFJ's.. I would agree with this.

Being on the very high end of the autism spectrum and growing up with the label "retard" I agree with others.
Being called "autistic" is much less offensive than being called "retarded." For one thing, autism doesn't equal intellectual level. What it does affect to a degree is one's ability to express their thoughts/ feelings/ needs. That can be perceived outwardly as being so called less intellectual.

I had a longer description but it got killed in the time limit. I'll try my best to retype what I wanted to add:

That said, I believe autism does have an effect on type. (at least for me) It took me longer for me to relate with others on an emotional level. I think it skewed towards the border of T vs F. I tend to recognize the thought string first, and then notice that I am upset as a result of those thoughts. If I try to dig deeper then I may find out that I reached a boiling point, and whatever that trigger might have just been a last straw. My first challenge, I had to recognize what I was feeling, and then label the emotion being felt, and then figure out a coping strategy. It turned out for me that coping with emotions isn't much different than dealing with a more feeling type person.

After figuring out coping strategies, that helped a lot to see when my emotions are building up and about to become a problem. This helps cut off things like meltdowns and anxiety attacks before they become a crisis. Because my emotions can build up gradually on a subconscious level, I'm not always aware of the stress until too late.

More less: I think different abilities can have an effect on personality, but also part of what makes people unique too.