[INFJ] - Typical INFJ? | INFJ Forum

[INFJ] Typical INFJ?

Subbalteatus

Community Member
Jul 15, 2015
MBTI
INFJ
I’m a really passionate INFJ male who seems to feel everything more deeply than most other people. On a scale of 1-10 for how affectionate I am, I would be an 11. I much prefer a monogamous relationship, and the woman in my life becomes the center of my universe. I’m an extremely giving lover, and I can spend hours making love. For me, emotion is what life is all about, and there is nothing else in life that compares to the deep physical and emotional connection I feel with a woman I’m in love with. I have an extremely high sex drive which is motivated just as much by the desire for emotional connection as it is by the desire for sexual satisfaction. Do I sound like a typical INFJ?

Reactions: Godfrey
[MENTION=13542]SarahBS[/MENTION] - Thanks! I appreciate the feedback. :) I do score very high on all 4 letters.

that doesnt resonate much with me. my partner could not be the center of my world. they could only be the center of their world, and i could only be the center of mine. your relationship style sounds stifling to me and im not sure i could tolerate someone treating me with that intensity on a longterm basis. my priority in relationships is not passion or affection but respect. i find it a little bit strange that you seem to focus on intimate sexual relationships as sufficient to meaningfully describe a personality category. im not saying that youre not an infj, but i think that what youre describing is not necessarily typical or meaningfully descriptive of an infj personality category.

Reactions: thirdhalf
Do I sound like a typical INFJ?

Eh. Its an odd way to go about describing yourself by way of sexual relationships before asking if it is in line with a typical INFJ. Nothing you describe seems particularly like one personality type or another. Sexed up guy maybe, but not a personality type.

Reactions: invisible
that doesnt resonate much with me. my partner could not be the center of my world. they could only be the center of their world, and i could only be the center of mine. your relationship style sounds stifling to me and im not sure i could tolerate someone treating me with that intensity on a longterm basis. my priority in relationships is not passion or affection but respect. i find it a little bit strange that you seem to focus on intimate sexual relationships as sufficient to meaningfully describe a personality category. im not saying that youre not an infj, but i think that what youre describing is not necessarily typical or meaningfully descriptive of an infj personality category.

Ditto what [MENTION=1814]invisible[/MENTION] said.

Reactions: invisible
Hahaha... You remind me of my old INFJ boyfriend. He was very obsessed with women, in an intensely romantic way. I don't know if ALL our type is like that (I'm not), but you probably just have a strong sex drive.

And that's not really conclusive in typing you as an INFJ. Plenty of other types are romantic and sexual.

Hmm, I wouldn't necessarily use sex as a comparison to MBTI. You can be asexual and INFJ (raises hand) and not have any sex drive or a low sex drive, and yet still be very compassionate and loving. Being highly sexualized is an individual trait, and it isn't necessarily associated with MBTI. Now comparatively speaking there's probably a small connection between some MBTIs and the libido, but the average is probably the same for everyone.

Thank you to those of you who added something positive to this thread. :) Just to clarify, I'm not questioning whether or not I'm an INFJ. I know that I am. I just wanted to know if other INFJ's are like me in the ways that I described.