Type Your Parents | INFJ Forum

Type Your Parents

Red Alex

Regular Poster
Nov 14, 2013
MBTI
XSFX
Doesn't matter if you don't know their MBTI. Just do it for fun. Explain your answer if you like.

My mom tested ISFJ and my dad ISTJ

I've been trying to figure out my parents' types.

My mom passed away several years ago but she was always the center of every social gathering and would make friends with everybody she met. She was very extroverted and hated to be alone for any period of time. I think she was an ESFP.

I think my dad is an ESFJ. We have some huge differences of opinion but he was a very devoted dad when we were young. Since my mom died though he's just taken off and created a new life with little time for us.

Reactions: Gaze
I think my mom is an ENFJ.

I'm pretty sure my dad is ESTP. I could try to explain his cognitive functions with words, but this is a more fun and spot-on accurate depiction of him:

3vk54of7zd.jpg ESTP.jpg estp.jpg

My dad is an IXTJ and an LSI in socionics
My mom is an INFP and an EIE in socionics
My stepmom is an XSFJ and an ESI in socionics

My mom must be ISTJ... I guess. She's quite confusing. My dad may be INTJ.

My mother is an ESFJ- love her dearly but we are complete opposites which causes a lot of issues in our relationship. (My sister is also an ESFJ :help:)

My dad is an ESTP. We don't speak (enough said, right? Lol).

Reactions: jyrffw54
My mother is an ENFJ. Very funny, talkative but also very caring and loving.Love her so much.
My father is an INFJ all the way. I think is one of the most wisest man I know.He is a man, not a boy, which is very rare in these days. He is also very social, he's a kind of developed INFJ. He had a very powerful influence in my growth as a person. Love him too.
I am blessed with my parents :)

My mom's an INFJ, just like me, and my dad's an ESTJ. I feel so bad for my ESFP sister; she's a carefree creature surrounded by us quiet and orderly folk!

My father is an INFJ, and my mother is an ISFJ. It works pretty well.

Father is ISTJ with good Intuition.

Mother is ESFJ with good Intuition.

For fun --

Sister seems INFP

Brother seems ESTP, with fair Intuition

Best friend in childhood was likely ISFP

First girl I kissed and was intimate with was some kind of EFP

First girlfriend was some kind of SFP

One embittered ENTP cousin who is hard to deal with

An ESFP-seeming long-term friend

An INTP acquaintance who is smart and drinks too much and thinks about sex a lot

ENFP friend who hangs with

INFP friend who hangs with me

at the same time

I've never laid it out like this to look at the patterns

I don't think I ever really had INJs around

mother, father, esfj and entj respectively. they get along SO well /sarcasm

Dad - intj
mom - esfj?
younger brother - istj

closest friends - intj(m), intp(m), istp(f), enfp(f), istj(m), esfp?(m)
first gf - isfp probably

My mom's an ISTJ and my dad is an INTJ. I'm still trying to figure out my sister. She might be an INFP or INTP or INTJ.

My mother is an ENFJ, verified by Dr. Dario Nardi's brain scans. Typologically, I am similar enough to her to see how different we are. Although we have the same functions (Ni, Fe, Ti, and Se), they're scrambled a little, causing subtle but stark differences in how we present ourselves. We're both highly motivated people who enjoy connecting to and inspiring other people (Fe); however, we speak the same language of harmony and compassion for different reasons, which sometimes causes arguments. She emphasizes emotional and spiritual well-being through community where I do so through rigorous individuation (Fe-Ni vs Ni-Fe), which accounts for her being more outwardly warm than I at first glance.

I'm not sure how to properly say this, but she is much more present and engaged in reality, whereas I am more slippery, an existential traveler, hard to pin down. If she bears the coffee-warmth of the sun, then I hold the distant serenity of the moon and stars.
She actively seeks and transmits positivity; I carry a cloak of contentment, preferring the banishing of psychic demons and detailed introspection.

How we assess other people is markedly different, too. She's more self-assured and quicker to evaluate than me, more local in the range of information she collects. She trusts and mistrusts more fluidly depending on where people fall on her axis of acceptable behavior.
Coupled with her easy, genuine warmth, this frequently means people are able to manipulate her more than they can me, at least until I catch them being sneaky.

Last edited:
My dad tested as an ENFJ, which I always thought was accurate for him. My mum hasn't tested, but I'm going to guess she's an INTJ.

My mom is an ISFJ & my dad is an ENFP, and as soon as I found out their types, I knew why they fought all of the time. My mom is now married to an ISTJ or ISTP, and my dad is married to an ENFJ.