Trolls, elves and other mythical beings | INFJ Forum

Trolls, elves and other mythical beings

ImaginaryBloke

Sep 29, 2015
MBTI
INTP
Enneagram
Tri 5-9-4
Does anybody here believe in trolls, elves or mythical beings? If so, have you seen it yourself? Does opening the sixth chakra, "third eye", help you to do it?

I found this video about people in Iceland who do it.

(Disclaimer: I can only see material things.)

[video]http://www.bbc.com/earth/story/20151021-we-went-hunting-for-trolls-and-found-a-deeper-truth[/video]

Reactions: Morgenstern36
I want to believe these things are real more than you can believe.

Reactions: jyrffw54
Does anybody here believe in trolls, elves or mythical beings? If so, have you seen it yourself? Does opening the sixth chakra, "third eye", help you to do it?

I found this video about people in Iceland who do it.

(Disclaimer: I can only see material things.)

[video]http://www.bbc.com/earth/story/20151021-we-went-hunting-for-trolls-and-found-a-deeper-truth[/video]

I believe in them and have seen a couple of entities.
Yes. Once your third eye begins opening you will perceive other frequencies of dimensions.

Why are you asking?

I see trolls all the time.

*continues wandering the internet*

hahahahaha.....yes....we've seen a few here haven't we?

Reactions: cvp12gh5 and hush
I think there could be nature elementals and such.
I have seen a few things but not definitively enough to say it wasn’t an animal.

I have seen ghosts…so I don’t know why Faeries and trolls, Sasquatch, etc. couldn’t exist as well.
Perhaps they are inter-dimensional beings as some suggest, providing a nice excuse for absence of physical proof?

I just posted an article about the drug DMT and the commonalities that people share when they are under the influence.
(many see what could be described as “elves”, “faeries”, “gnomes”, etc.)
Are they commonalities because that suggestion was already there and they only needed to be induced to come forth?
Or, are people really opening a “doorway” so to speak which is actually showing them MORE reality or allowing their mind to transcend across dimensions or universes? (some in the article speak of how the beings would cheer when they popped into this other reality, they were pleased when humans were able to transcend to their space apparently)
Furthermore if the later is true then surely there are other ways besides entheogenic drugs to induce the ability to see such things.

http://www.infjs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27025&page=180&p=856699&viewfull=1#post856699

Last edited:
Saying 'I believe' makes it seem like there's something to doubt and you have to actively tell yourself otherwise.

I don't see things that way. To me this is like asking if you believe in cats.

Anybody who answers "yes" to these, I want what you're smoking.

Reactions: Littlelissa
I believe in them and have seen a couple of entities.
Yes. Once your third eye begins opening you will perceive other frequencies of dimensions.

Why are you asking?

I am asking out of pure curiosity.

I think there could be nature elementals and such.
I have seen a few things but not definitively enough to say it wasn’t an animal.

I have seen ghosts…so I don’t know why Faeries and trolls, Sasquatch, etc. couldn’t exist as well.
Perhaps they are inter-dimensional beings as some suggest, providing a nice excuse for absence of physical proof?

I just posted an article about the drug DMT and the commonalities that people share when they are under the influence.
(many see what could be described as “elves”, “faeries”, “gnomes”, etc.)
Are they commonalities because that suggestion was already there and they only needed to be induced to come forth?
Or, are people really opening a “doorway” so to speak which is actually showing them MORE reality or allowing their mind to transcend across dimensions or universes? (some in the article speak of how the beings would cheer when they popped into this other reality, they were pleased when humans were able to transcend to their space apparently)
Furthermore if the later is true then surely there are other ways besides entheogenic drugs to induce the ability to see such things.

http://www.infjs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27025&page=180&p=856699&viewfull=1#post856699

Magic mushrooms and other magical stuff can make you see a glimpse of other dimensions. I am really not into the drugs stuff. But if some hallucinogenic drugs become legal, I might try it in the future.

Is opening the third eye the only way to see other dimensions? Or do other ways exist? Opening the third eye can be done on purpose. But then I suppose that some people have a natural ability to do it.

I have heard that some people who have had a near death experience end up seeing other dimensions. But with that ability comes a risk that electrical equipment fails and the same thing happens to people who open the third eye.

My question is if you can see other dimensions without frying a mobile phone and other electronic equipment. I happen to be a programmer. :typing: :crazy:

Do other-dimensional beings try to interact with you? Do they look at you or notice you in other ways? Or do they only carry on their day without bothering you people in this dimension?

Extra-dimensional beings are dangerous if you are not careful. :w:

"The Scandinavian näcken, näkki, nøkk were male water spirits who played enchanted songs on the violin, luring women and children to drown in lakes or streams."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neck_%28water_spirit%29

[MENTION=14189]ImaginaryBloke[/MENTION]

Hone your mind you can "see" things in different ways without looking at them. For example I can "see" all sides of a Rubik's cube at the same time, even though my eyes can only visually see three sides at a time at most. This is because whatever is in front cannot be in back, and there are opposite colors, e.g. green is opposite blue, so if I see the green side I also know where the blue side is. So when I'm solving I can place and retrieve pieces even from the back sides without flipping the cube around to look. It's to the point that I just know what is there without having to think, so it's like a second vision.

I am asking out of pure curiosity.

Magic mushrooms and other magical stuff can make you see a glimpse of other dimensions. I am really not into the drugs stuff. But if some hallucinogenic drugs become legal, I might try it in the future.

Is opening the third eye the only way to see other dimensions? Or do other ways exist? Opening the third eye can be done on purpose. But then I suppose that some people have a natural ability to do it.

I have heard that some people who have had a near death experience end up seeing other dimensions. But with that ability comes a risk that electrical equipment fails and the same thing happens to people who open the third eye.

My question is if you can see other dimensions without frying a mobile phone and other electronic equipment. I happen to be a programmer. :typing: :crazy:

Do other-dimensional beings try to interact with you? Do they look at you or notice you in other ways? Or do they only carry on their day without bothering you people in this dimension?

I couldn’t answer about the electronic equipment though if you believe in the phenomena of EVP, then it seems that some communication is possible via electronic equipment. Even Thomas Edison designed a spirit antenna, which some have tested with interesting results.

I do think think some people have the ability to see things that others cannot…if you look at cases of people who have lost sight in one eye, many will report seeing shadow figures, or even clear images of people and things that their normal seeing eye cannot.
There are many, many documented reports of this - which materialist science passes off as hallucinations and they couldn’t possibly be there - WE can’t see it so it must not exist..hahaha.

So your last question about how these otherworldly beings interact with people and it’s really mixed from my studies. Some seem very interested in us and are drawn to us like moths to a flame…while others seem disinterested.
In cases of Astral projection, not lucid dreaming - the difference being, you can control a lucid dream, you are still dreaming, you have just become aware…where a true out of body experience or astral projection has fixed objects the subject is unable to interact with, the environment is highly detailed just as it would be if the subject were awake…they also see their physical self in many cases. There have been a few cases of verifiable astral projections…it is quite a famous study now.
I can link you to it if you want…the subject in that study was on one occasion able to make a noise that was audible to the person who’s kitchen he was in (his Mother), normally, the awake cannot hear the OOB subject, so it was quite fascinating.
I’m not advocating drug use to induce these states, only showing interesting correlations.
Anyhow…in cases of astral projection, the subject occasionally meets a being that they are able to talk with and interact with, some seem very interested and some don’t seem to care that you noticed them or are talking to them.
The subject also sees and occasionally meets someone else who is astrally projecting too, though sometimes people who are actually OOB are still “dreaming” for lack of a better term. They are not fully conscious in their OOB experience.

As for “seeing” better...
Here is a partial chapter from the book Invisibility - Mastering the Art of Vanishing” by Steve Richards, I think will be helpful to you.

Now I am only going to cover one more Bates exercise here.
It is
the one which is most interesting to occultists.

Those who wish to work
with the complete Bates system will do well to get one of the excellent manuals that have been published.
Especially recommended is Aldous
Huxley’s The Art of Seeing.

.Not only was it written by one of England’s great men of letters, but it is widely available in the public libraries.
As for
us, I should recommend palming even to those who have 20/20 vision.

Like swinging, palming is a relaxation exercise.
Unlike swinging,
it is done with the eyes closed, usually after any other eye exercises.

What you must do is cover your closed eyes with the palms of your
hands.
Your eye should be relaxed, and there should be no tension either in
your hands, or in the muscles in your face.

You should not rub your eyes
with your palms.
Just allow your palms to lightly touch your eyelids, and
as you do this, visualize a sea of blackness.

Bates says that to the extent that you do not see blackness while
palming, you are suffering from mental stress and consequent strain.
'When you can palm perfectly,' he wrote, 'you will see a field so black thatit is impossible to remember, imagine, or see anything blacker, and when you are able to do this your sight will be normal.'

One of Bates’ patients suffered from astigmatism and incipient cataract.
He was seventy years
old, and effected a complete cure after palming continuously for twenty hours.

Aldous Huxley recommends mental palming when the normal
method is impossible.
Simply close your eyes and imagine that you have
covered them with your palms.

It is not as effective as actually using your
hands, of course, but extremely beneficial nonetheless.
Now the reason that this works, according to Huxley, is that 'all parts of the body carry their own characteristic potentials'.

He suggests
that 'the placing of the hands over the eyes does something
to the electrical condition of the fatigued organs'.
According to occultists,
he is absolutely right.

Edwin Babbitt anticipated many of Bates' ideas in his
Principles of Light and Colour.
He suggests that 'a person strongly charged with vitalizing force may sometimes animate and regulate these muscles [in theeye] with the ends of the fingers . . . I have cured inflamed eyes by placingcool wet fingers over [them].'

For problems relating to the optic nerve
rather than the eye itself, Babbitt recommends 'a magnetic hand, laid on each anterior portion of the temples, a little back of the eye'.
It is a well-
known principle of mesmerism that the hands, and especially the fingers, are points at which magnetic energy is concentrated.

Eliphas Lévi said that
the Astral Light is 'projected' from the thumbs and palms.
The AMORC Rosicrucians teach their members to 'palm’ using only the first finger of each hand, on the theory that this is where the'radial nerve' terminates.

I have met several AMORC members who have
worked with this technique, and who were eventually able to discard their glasses using this method alone.
One of these, a South American, had his
progress monitored by an opthalmologist, who confirmed that his eyesight was indeed improving.

After you have allowed your forefingers to rest
lightly on your closed eyelids for five or ten minutes, you will find it helpful to remove them and just let your eyes relax for a few minutes before opening them.

If you open your eyes immediately after removing
your fingers, you may find that they will not focus for several minutes.
This is a normal result, and comes from the excellent relaxation that is induced by the exercise.

The yogis of the Far East, who studied these matters long before
Bates or Babbitt, or even AMORC, believe that the two hands havedifferent polarities of energy associated with them.

The left side of the
body is, they say, dominated by a feminine, or negative energy.
The right
side is positive and masculine.

This was first noted centuries before our modern psychologists
began to study the different functions of the left and right sides of the brain.
Since then, it has been pointed out that the right hemisphere of the
brain, which controls the left side of the body, is somehow connected with psychic phenomena.

Itzhak Bentov has pointed out that
Kundalini experiences usually manifest on the left side of the body.
And more than one authority has pointed out that
ectoplasm, when it is seen 'oozing' from the body of a medium, always emerges from the left side.

We are not going to produce any ectoplasm yet, thought.
We are
going to make use of this phenomenon to extend vision in a different direction than Dr. Bates.

Having, I assumed, produced perfect vision in
every one of my readers, I am going to now tell you how to extend vision beyond even that.
Since your right and left hands do have different polarities, when you bring them together, there tends to be a flow of energy from one to the other.

This produces an intensification of the
human aura where the fingertips come together, and with practice, the aura can be made visible in a darkened room.
This effect was first noticed by an English physician named Walter John Kilner, who deserves credit as the first scientist to study the aura in a systematic manner.

Dr. Kilner used specially treated screens to make the
aura visible, but I am going to ask you to do this experiment without a screen.
What you will need is a closet large enough to put a chair in, and two bath towels.

Put your chair in your closet, close the door, and use your
two towels to seal the crack under the door.
This is necessary to prevent
any light seeping in under the door.

You should now be sitting in the
closest thing to absolute darkness that you are likely to see in this lifetime.
Now bring your two hands together, palms touching, as if you were
praying.

Then, separate your palms, so that any energy that crosses over
from one hand to the next must pass through your fingers.
Kilner
suggested that the fingers should be separated, so that the energy has to jump a short distance through space.

But I have found that when the
experiment is done in complete darkness, it is best to keep the fingers together.
Once you have positioned your hands, look at them and will that you be able to see the light that is being produced by the magnetic energythat is passing between them.

After about ten minutes, stop.
Then try again
the next day.

You will not be able to see the light on the very first day, and you
probably will not be able to see it on the second.
Or the third.

Or
even the thirtieth.
In fact, it may take you three or four months to begin
getting results.

But results you will surely get, if you merely persist.
The first results will be a faint glimmering that can be seen at sometimes and not at others.

You should not be satisfied with this.
It indicates
that you are making progress, but you should persevere with this experiment until you see a definite, steady, clear blue light where your fingertips join as soon as you enter your darkened room every time you enter.

You will find that in doing this distributed practice is key.
In other
words, five minutes a day every day of the week will produce more in the way of results than thirty-five minutes on Saturday afternoons.

You will also find that you are developing psychic sight.
Many of
the groups that teach this little experiment do not include with their directions what I feel are sufficient indications of the experiences their students are likely to have with it.

Some of these experiences, while quite
harmless, are likely to be rather disquieting if you are not prepared for them.
And I want you to know that they are just the normal result of your
newly extended vision.

One thing that you may see on occasion is a psychic projection.
If
you accept the possibility of projection, it should be obvious that there are people who are doing it, and that occasionally you may cross paths with one of them.

I have looked up from something I was working on more
than once to see a white figure glide right through the wall of my room, float soundlessly through the room itself, and vanish through the opposite wall.

Usually these figures will be recognizably Oriental, for obvious
reasons.
They will also be quite oblivious to your presence.

These little
invasions of privacy happen all the time, but people cannot see them.
After
you have developed your psychic vision, you will see them.

You may also see lights of various kinds, usually when you are
sitting in darkness meditating.
They may be floating balls of light, or they
may appear as if they were beamed from a powerful searchlamp.

They
may be coloured, and they may be pure white.
Opinion among Eastern mystics varies from one person to the next concerning these experiences.

Generally, those who have seen these lights
advise their students that to see them is proof of great
spiritual development.
Those who have
not seen them seem to tend toward precisely the opposite viewpoint.

Swami Muktananda even tried to
categorize these experiences.
He ranges from a red light the size of the
human body through white and black spots to a lentil-sized blue pearl.

The
implication seems to be that if you have this kind of experience instead of that kind of experience, or that kind of experience instead of some other kind of experience, you are more or less advanced.

I tend to suspect,
though, that these lights suggest the presence of some kind of energy that is normally invisible, and that is apparent to people with trained sight.
That you should see a red ball of light instead of a blue square of it merely indicates that energy conditions are this way instead of that.

We can only
read more meaning into these experiences if we assume that these conditions are of our own making.
In some cases these kinds of lights are produced deliberately as a form of communication.

In
Old Diary Leaves, Colonel Olcott relates an experience had by the medium W. Stainton Moses:
I saw by my bedside, distant about two yards, and at the height of about 5' 6” from the floor, three small phosphorescent balls of lightabout the size of a small orange.

They formed an equilateral
triangle, the base of which would measure eighteen inches.
I fixed
my gaze on them and they remained quiet, glowing with with a steady phosphorescent light which cast no gleam beyond itself.

Satisfied that the phenomenon was objective, I reached for a
match-box and struck a match.
I could not see the balls through the
matchlight; but when the match went out they came into view just as before.

I repeated the match-striking six times (seven in all)
when they paled and gradually went out.
Olcott says that 'the three luminous spheres form the special symbol of the Lodge of our Adepts', meaning the Great White Lodge.

If the fingertips-together experiment is not to your waste, you may
accomplish the same thing by a certain Sanyama recommended by Patanjali.
In Book three,
Sutra Forty-one, Patanjali says that ‘by Sanyama on Samana, [these is produced] effulgence'.

This
effulgence is merely an intensification of the human aura, just as we produced with the fingertips-together experiment.
It results from the fact
that the Solar Plexus area is the seat of the Vayu called Samana.

Samana is the fire of digestion; however, the word 'fire' is to be taken literally as well as metaphorically.
Samana not only digests your food; it is the seat of the Tejas Tattwa — the Fire Element — in the human body.

By arousing and
awakening this Samana through concentration, the yogi arouses and awakens the potencies of fire within himself.
And those potencies include
light.

They also include heat, and that is why I personally prefer the
fingertips-together exercise.
I find that my own concentration on
Samana generates more heat than light.

An uncomfortable
amount of heat, in fact.
Control of this particular Vayu is the basis of the yogic art tumo, which enables naked ascetics in Tibet to take baths in freezing water.

Many
Western critics of yoga believe that tumo is based on self-hypnosis, but, having done it myself, I am not so sure.
The heat at least
feels quite real, and if you do your experiments in a freezing apartment, you might prefer this method.

That said, let us take a look at how the experiment actually works.
I have said that the lights you see are produced by energy in your surroundings.

This energy is no way different from that which is called
'ball lightning' and which is known to science.
But the light that is
generated in these cases is outside the normal range of human vision.

That
is why only the Adepts can see it.
Light with a wavelength longer than about 700 millimicrons isinvisible to virtually every human eye.

It is in what we call the
infra-red region, the 'redder than red' region.
It is redder than the reddest red man
can see, and it is therefore invisible.

The same thing is true with light that has a very short wavelength.
These energies fall in what is called the ultraviolet region.

Like infra-red
rays, ultraviolet rays are beyond the normal range of human vision, and therefore invisible.
The human aura is in this category.

It consists of ultraviolet
radiations.
Since to normal people ultraviolet radiations are not visible,
most people cannot see the aura.

The range of the eyes can be extended,
though, and this is in fact one of the trends of evolution.

Says Richard
Maurice Bucke:
Much more modern than the birth of the intellect was that of the colour sense.
We have the authority of Max Müller for the
statement that: 'It is well known that the distinction of colour is of late date: that Xenophanes knew of three colours of the rainbow only — purple, red, and yellow; that even Aristotle spoke of the tricoloured rainbow; and that Democritus knew of no more than four colours — black, white, red, and yellow.'

Geiger points out by examination of language that as late as fifteen
or twenty thousand years ago man only perceived one colour.
Pictet finds no names of colours in primitive Indo-European speech.

And Max Müller finds no Sanskrit root whose meaning has
any reference to colour.
At a later period red and black were recognized as distinct.

Still
later, when the Rig Veda was composed, red, yellow, and black were recognized as three separate shades, but these three included all the colour that man was capable of appreciating.

Still later
white was added to the list, and then green; but throughout the Rig Veda, the Zend Avesta, the Homeric poems, and the Bible the colour of the sky is not once mentioned; therefore, apparently, it was not recognized.

For the omission can hardly be attributed to
accident; the ten thousand lines of the Rig Veda are largely occupied with descriptions of the sky; and all its features — sun, moon, stars, clouds, lightnings, sunrise, and sunset — are mentioned hundreds of times.

So also the
Zend Avesta, to the writers of which light and fire, both terrestrial and heavenly, are sacred objects, could hardly have omitted by chance all mention of the blue sky.
In the
Bible, the sky and heaven are mentioned more than four hundred and thirty times, and still no mention is made of [their colour].

The English word
blue and the German blau descend from a word that meant black.
The Chinese hi-u-an, which now means sky- blue, formerly meant black.

The word
nil, which now in Persianand Arabic means blue, is derived from the name Nile, that is the black river, of which the same word the Latin Niger is a form.
The implication is obvious: that man's colour perception is gradually extending toward the blue-violet end of the colour spectrum.

That means
that man will eventually see auras.
It is therefore not surprising that some
people can already see them, and that the capability can be cultivated inothers.

Now the reason all of us cannot see auras at the moment has more
to do with accommodation than with the retina's spectral sensitivity.
As
Kilner explained it:
The human eye is by no means a faultless optical instrument.
It is
imperfectly corrected for chromatic aberration, since the various colours come to a focus on different planes.

The red being the least
refrangible, [it] has its focus furthest from, and the violet nearest, the lens.
The focus of the yellow is about midway between the
yellow and the violet, and in the normal eye the yellow rays fall exactly on the retina, while the other colours come to a focus a little in front or behind it.

Correction is arranged for in the brain
centres.
Ultraviolet rays come to a focus in front of the retina, whereas rays on the red side of yellow focus behind it.

The brain can correct for a certain
amount of defocusing, but as the colours come to a focus further and further away from the retina, they become less and less distinct.
Finally,
we arrive at the very edge of the visible spectrum.

Colours beyond that
point are invisible.
This is why observing the aura in a darkened room has the effect it does.

There are no yellow rays in the room since you are sitting in
complete darkness, and with a little effort, the eyes can be coaxed intofocusing toward the more violet end of the spectrum.

Red rays, which are
normally visible, would in theory become invisible, and ultraviolet rays, which are normally invisible, would be moved into the visible range.
Since the human aura is somewhere in the ultraviolet spectrum the aura itself becomes visible.

This can be achieved to a limited degree in a lighted room by
deliberately defocusing the eyes.
In
How to Read the Aura, W.E. Butler suggests that we do just that.

'This is done,' he said, 'by focusing them
about six to nine inches beyond the subject.'
You will find that a delicate
balance is needed here, which must be acquired by practice.

There is a
tendency to look directly at your subject, a habit which comes from a lifetime of experience, so that when you first began to see the aura, you change your focus and it disappears.

If this happens, merely shift your
focus again, and the aura should come into view.
If you have any success with this, you will find that the aura’s colours tend to shift with their owner's moods.

We have all heard the
expressions 'green with envy', 'yellow coward', 'seeing red', 'black mood of despair', and so on.
These have to do with actual colours in the human
aura, which seem to be produced by the corresponding emotions — a connection that was first noted by Plutarch in the first century.

The black
clouds that surround a depressed person are the easiest to see.
Apparently,
they are the closest of all the aura's colours to the spectrum of normally visible light.

But others will become visible in time.
One student of
Transcendental Meditation who attained the state of Cosmic Consciousness, as understood by the Maharishi, reported that he ‘would see energy surrounding people, little thin auras of different pastel colors, and bigger, egg-shaped ones, made out of huge spirals'.

You may also discover the phenomenon that we might call
chromatic onomatopoeia — the connection that apparently exists between colours and sounds.
This connection becomes apparent for most people
when under the influence of drugs.

Baudelaire mentions it in
Paradis Artificiel as one of the effects of smoking hashish.
However, it comes to some occultists without recreational chemicals of any kind being involved.

One begins to 'see' sounds and 'hear' colours.
All of these are simply
alterations in consciousness that may accompany the development of psychic sight.

Last edited:
[MENTION=5045]Skarekrow[/MENTION]

If you think about it, we can detect brain activity through the skin using simple electrodes, and the technology for that isn't even all that advanced.

The brain can also be scanned with light, as with near-infrared spectroscopy.

I am trained in scientific thinking are those are my basic beliefs. We could put it as such that it is my starting point. I want to explore the "immaterial realm" and if I can make sense of it. I will do one thing at a time and see what I encounter. If one things turns out to be successful, then I will try something else.

Opening "the third eye" does not seem interesting enough to me, the point being the inherent risks with damaging electronic equipment.

There is also the so-called "electromagnetic hypersensitivity" that causes people to live in a cabin in the forest.

I am not trying to say that they are fake. I just want to draw a line of what is acceptable to me. Any psychic phenomena that makes me sensitive to electricity or that could make me damage electronic equipment is a non-starter for me.

There are other things that seem to be worth exploring. They are not associated with mental or health issues.

Automatic writing is one of them. I have tried it a couple of times, but it only turned out to be "mumbo-jumbo" continuous lines of coming from my fingers. Ideally, there should have seen a few entire sentences that make sense and can be interpreted. I have been trying to learn to relax ("living in the present") from reading Eckhart Tolle and do meditation to clear my mind from continuous ramblings in my mind. I takes some training I reckon.

Astral projection looks interesting too. Other people claim that it is hard and takes a lot of practice. Normally, I do not remember having any dreams, so it will take some time to adjust.

In this video below, Rupert Sheldrake at Google Talks talks about consciousness and the "extended mind". It is interesting to watch.

[video=youtube;JnA8GUtXpXY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JnA8GUtXpXY[/video]

I believe in [MENTION=5511]ruji[/MENTION].

I am trained in scientific thinking are those are my basic beliefs. We could put it as such that it is my starting point. I want to explore the "immaterial realm" and if I can make sense of it. I will do one thing at a time and see what I encounter. If one things turns out to be successful, then I will try something else.

Opening "the third eye" does not seem interesting enough to me, the point being the inherent risks with damaging electronic equipment.

There is also the so-called "electromagnetic hypersensitivity" that causes people to live in a cabin in the forest.

I am not trying to say that they are fake. I just want to draw a line of what is acceptable to me. Any psychic phenomena that makes me sensitive to electricity or that could make me damage electronic equipment is a non-starter for me.

There are other things that seem to be worth exploring. They are not associated with mental or health issues.

Automatic writing is one of them. I have tried it a couple of times, but it only turned out to be "mumbo-jumbo" continuous lines of coming from my fingers. Ideally, there should have seen a few entire sentences that make sense and can be interpreted. I have been trying to learn to relax ("living in the present") from reading Eckhart Tolle and do meditation to clear my mind from continuous ramblings in my mind. I takes some training I reckon.

Astral projection looks interesting too. Other people claim that it is hard and takes a lot of practice. Normally, I do not remember having any dreams, so it will take some time to adjust.

In this video below, Rupert Sheldrake at Google Talks talks about consciousness and the "extended mind". It is interesting to watch.

It’s always interesting to listen to Rupert Sheldrake.
Have you seen the videos with the parrot??

[video=youtube;2UX4d2nb7yU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=2UX4d2nb7yU[/video]

It certainly does raise questions that IMO warrant further exploration.
The problem is (though the issue is getting better) that to study such phenomena that says the mind and brain are separate - or that the mind can “reach out” past our skulls - is career suicide in many cases.
There is a taboo amongst the study of certain fields even though there is substantial evidence that something is going on.

If you wanted to try astral projecting which may or may not end up being a lucid dream ( you should be able to tell the difference between the two at the time ); remember, lucid dream - you can interact with everything, fly, etc.. Astral projection or out of body experience OOBE, is as if you are in your normal environment down to the last detail, but you cannot interact with it. Sometimes you can travel in such states, sometimes you are taken places.

The easiest way I have heard is to set your alarm clock for the middle of your night (depending on when you go to bed), get out of bed, go sit in a comfortable chair with you head supported…then repeat a mantra of “I am aware”…and chances are you will fall asleep the first few times.
But one time, you may be surprised to find that you have indeed slipped past that point and are in a new state of consciousness.

It’s always interesting to listen to Rupert Sheldrake.

Yes, he is interesting.

You can do some tests at home. I were a teenager, then I would test the "morphic resonance" phenomenon in school exams. Look at my video link on Rupert Sheldrake 1:32:10-1:35:30.

Have you seen the videos with the parrot??

[video=youtube;2UX4d2nb7yU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=2UX4d2nb7yU[/video]

I am still finding it hard to believe in telepathy. I am still in a phase of exploration.

Do you think that more generally inter-species communication is of the telepathic kind? I also mean dolphins and whales, for example if you see them from a boat, they will communicate in various ways with tourists.

It certainly does raise questions that IMO warrant further exploration.
The problem is (though the issue is getting better) that to study such phenomena that says the mind and brain are separate - or that the mind can “reach out” past our skulls - is career suicide in many cases.
There is a taboo amongst the study of certain fields even though there is substantial evidence that something is going on.

That is why it is so much fun for us who are not scientists to do radical DIY experiments at home.

If you wanted to try astral projecting which may or may not end up being a lucid dream ( you should be able to tell the difference between the two at the time ); remember, lucid dream - you can interact with everything, fly, etc.. Astral projection or out of body experience OOBE, is as if you are in your normal environment down to the last detail, but you cannot interact with it. Sometimes you can travel in such states, sometimes you are taken places.

I will do automatic writing first and then try astral projection. One thing at a time.