Trifecta

DevilDoll

Beware! I Bite...
Dec 6, 2009
MBTI
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Tonight I found myself sitting at a table with three INFJ males. What were we doing? Gaming, of course. I hit the trifecta.

Anyway, I have met so many INFJs that are also gamers, I was wondering how common that actually is. Maybe you can enlighten me.

What the hell is a trifecta?

Main Entry: tri

Last edited:
Right, I thought you were on about a certain game.

Anyway from my experience most gamers I know have strong iNtuition. So I guess it's not uncommon.

Also finding guys that don't game in some way is rather a rarity.

In my case, It's three straight, intelligent, male INFJs in one place.

that has to be rare!

i don't know about INFJs specifically but i'd guess introverts are more into gaming than extroverts

that has to be rare!

i don't know about INFJs specifically but i'd guess introverts are more into gaming than extroverts

I think it's more an N thing but the I certainly helps. Of all the gamers I've tested they mostly come up as IN or EN. IS also crops up a bit, myself included.

Tonight I found myself sitting at a table with three INFJ males. What were we doing? Gaming, of course. I hit the trifecta.

Anyway, I have met so many INFJs that are also gamers, I was wondering how common that actually is. Maybe you can enlighten me.

I think most INFJs who play video games see it as an experience to live another life and gain wisdom. Or, at least, for role playing games. I assume INFJs would be attracted to that because their Ni/Fe would allow them to actually empathize with the characters. Or perhaps that's just me

Reactions: Blind Bandit
I think most INFJs who play video games see it as an experience to live another life and gain wisdom. Or, at least, for role playing games. I assume INFJs would be attracted to that because their Ni/Fe would allow them to actually empathize with the characters. Or perhaps that's just me
I'm inclined to agree, so very much XD

Indeed, this has becoming one of my reason to avoid online games; as detailed as they are, there are no ending. No in-character ending, no storyline-ending. Instead what's there was PvP. PvP, bragging, and finding COOL HAWT EQUIPZ.

No, not for me XO

and to OP...I have only one thing to say;

I envy you.

Reactions: Blind Bandit
Indeed, this has becoming one of my reason to avoid online games; as detailed as they are, there are no ending. No in-character ending, no storyline-ending. Instead what's there was PvP. PvP, bragging, and finding COOL HAWT EQUIPZ.

It sounds like your only experience of online gaming is WoW.

Just about every male games at some point. Video gaming sort of subsitutes/replaces the bonding that is typical of sports, games, etc.

I don't know that it has anything to do with MBTI in general, although you could give probabilities as to which type of game each would prefer.

I don't know that it has anything to do with MBTI in general, although you could give probabilities as to which type of game each would prefer.

I wanna test this.

ISTP; what games would I prefer?

I wanna test this.

ISTP; what games would I prefer?

Dunno haven't researched it.

Off the top of my head I would say First Person Shooter.

Dunno haven't researched it.

Off the top of my head I would say First Person Shooter.

You're very close. I at least prefer action compared to a slow moving game. I think the Ti-Se dominace probably helps me think on my feet.

INFJs would typically prefer RPGs I'm guessing.

You're very close. I at least prefer action compared to a slow moving game. I think the Ti-Se dominace probably helps me think on my feet.

INFJs would typically prefer RPGs I'm guessing.

It would depend on how well they like to read, but the lore of those types of games would certainly have some interest. I think there is a TON of overlap and perhaps it is too generic to try and classify genres.

For me, Civ IV, EverQuest, Age of Empires II, and Starseige Tribes were the games I played the most.

I mean, a good game is like a good movie, if well done almost anyone can enjoy it.

It would depend on how well they like to read, but the lore of those types of games would certainly have some interest. I think there is a TON of overlap and perhaps it is too generic to try and classify genres.

For me, Civ IV, EverQuest, Age of Empires II, and Starseige Tribes were the games I played the most.

I mean, a good game is like a good movie, if well done almost anyone can enjoy it.

You have the same kind of taste as Dove does. RPG and strategy.

Heh I'm really big into games and have long thought there's a correlation between personality and type of gamer. I hate all those gamer test things like Bartle though.

You have the same kind of taste as Dove does. RPG and strategy.

Heh I'm really big into games and have long thought there's a correlation between personality and type of gamer. I hate all those gamer test things like Bartle though.

My old ESTJ roomie was HUGE into FPS and didn't like much besides. Yea I suppose one would have to look into which genre a person typically defaults to.

A lot of my friends jump between multiple genres. They did that a lot on TeamATi with various subsets of members, although the primary Genre was FPS, probably due to the competitive nature surrounding it.

My old ESTJ roomie was HUGE into FPS and didn't like much besides. Yea I suppose one would have to look into which genre a person typically defaults to.

A lot of my friends jump between multiple genres. They did that a lot on TeamATi with various subsets of members, although the primary Genre was FPS, probably due to the competitive nature surrounding it.

Well other than puzzle games, FPS is really the most popular kind. I suppose it's down to the immersion factor as you're seeing through the avatar's eyes.

Incidentally I prefer 3rd person action/hack 'n slash. Dynasty Warriors, Devil May Cry, Ninety Nine Nights ect... Although I play a lot of games and pretty much any genre.

I only buy games that I know I'll get a lot of use out of, so mostly RPGs and strategy games, and other random ones with a good story such as Assassin's Creed. I also like flight action games like the Ace Combat series. I'm decent at FPS games, depends on what it is though, some I'm not very good at, while others I'm probably above average; overall, I just do what I can to have fun and don't worry about being the best cause I don't care for being super competitive in them.

I am not a gamer, I actually rather dislike most videogames. The only videogames I played when I was little was sonic and mario, that's pretty much it. I don't like RTS or RPG games, and I really don't like FPS games.

The only two games I am into is starcraft, and portal (which I discovered 3 weeks ago). Thats it. Most video games bore me.

I like:

-RPGs (including both regular and MMO)
-Action games, including FPSs, Platformers, and fighting games
-Strategey (regularly addicted to chess); I love Age of Empires II.

So yes, I definitely like gaming.