Transgender - Why is it even a thing? | Page 8 | INFJ Forum

Transgender - Why is it even a thing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm honestly the best friend a transgender could have because I honestly just don't give a rat's ass what gender a person says they are. You like wearing pink tutus and playing with Barbie dolls, good for you. I'm still going to use the pronoun you were born with just so I don;t have to sound like a blathering idiot when I'm trying to say something; "hesheitheythemherhiswatchmacallithingamajig" doesn't exactly portray a sense of lucidity on my part, does it?

I like classical music, I've been to a Broadway play and can identify more than one show tune by the first verse, does that make me female? Moot point. I was simply born as a male who would eventually appreciate some of the more effeminate things in life.If people want to call me a male,fine. If peopel want to call me a female... I may think they're a bit odd, but still, fine. I honestly just don't care.

What I can't stand is people making some sort of big deal out of this like it's some sort of sexual revolution that's going to change the world. Get over yourselves. What gender you claim to be and what pronoun you want to use doesn't matter to anyone but you. Learn to deal with that and move on. End of story.

lol. fundamentally incapable of acknowledging other peoples right to define their own identities. relentlessly bent on defining others selves for them.

"best friend" LOL.

who cares about you anyway.

Last edited:
so weird. i just cant imagine being so immune to the feelings of another person i cared about that i insisted on calling them and knowing them by an identity i chose for them rather than an identity they chose for themselves. i actually cant imagine what it would be like to experience life like that, to be so blind to the feelings of others. it would be like being colourblind.

Reactions: hush
that you say that you care about them, but you just dont care about them enough to be bothered observing their identity. that they have gone to the trouble of telling you who they really are, and you are not able to value their honesty. you devalidate their honesty about their identity by failing to observe it in the way you relate to them. you would rather pretend that their identity does not exist than acknowledge it. they have told you something is important to them, and you have told them that it is not important to you that it is important to them. how can that be called caring??? how is that friendship??? how is that caring for someone? you deny who they are. how can you say that you care about them?

I'm honestly the best friend a transgender could have because I honestly just don't give a rat's ass what gender a person says they are. You like wearing pink tutus and playing with Barbie dolls, good for you. I'm still going to use the pronoun you were born with just so I don;t have to sound like a blathering idiot when I'm trying to say something; "hesheitheythemherhiswatchmacallithingamajig" doesn't exactly portray a sense of lucidity on my part, does it?

I like classical music, I've been to a Broadway play and can identify more than one show tune by the first verse, does that make me female? Moot point. I was simply born as a male who would eventually appreciate some of the more effeminate things in life.If people want to call me a male,fine. If peopel want to call me a female... I may think they're a bit odd, but still, fine. I honestly just don't care.

What I can't stand is people making some sort of big deal out of this like it's some sort of sexual revolution that's going to change the world. Get over yourselves. What gender you claim to be and what pronoun you want to use doesn't matter to anyone but you. Learn to deal with that and move on. End of story.

So you mostly feel that it's an inconvenience to you and as such people should get over it and move on.

You crack me up.

how weird is it that even after the whole contents of this thread he keeps characterising transgender with trivialising stereotypes like "play barbies and wear tutus". this is such an immature way of relating to other people. it is how bullies relate to people. by demeaning them with hatred and disgust.

usually when people express their love and care towards their friends, they want to listen to their friends, understand them, and show them that they support who they are. they think: how can i understand this person, and be a better friend to them? not Lerxst! is he friends with this person just because keeping them around reminds him that he can use them to validate his own powerful ability to define them according to his own beliefs and ways of seeing the world? why does he want to be friends with them when the only way he can do it is to deny any meaning to who they say they are? everything is so unclear in the mind of Lerxst.

i wish he would stop saying rhetorical garbage like "end of story" as though it means something. saying "end of story" doesnt mean a thing. EARTH TO LERXST: the issue of gender DOES matter to a LOT of people. it doesnt matter to you - so fucking what? what gives you the right to go around saying that it doesnt matter to anybody, just because it doesnt matter to you? why do you think that it is OK for you to deny what is important to others about the way they see themselves and the problems they face in life? and why do you think that it makes you a good friend to do this to people?

One of my friends is MtF transgender who went through SRS late last year and she says it couldn't make her happier. She feels much more in tune with herself because of it. She doesn't make a big thing out of it, and what insecurities she has are driven by her personality, not her gender. I don't know where you're getting all of this information from, Lerxst. I'm not sure I want to know, but please understand there is a transgender community that exists outside of Tumblr.

I believe that there is no gay or transgender gene, it is just a very bad choice, and I disagree with the homosexual animals theory first because we don't have to imitate animals in everything and second because it has been due to confusion that animals engage in same sex behavior. Actually I think most LGBT people are confused themselves, and what proves that is the high rate of suicides among them, they really need emotional therapy and a belief to fill their void.

774e05a1e72731b850911e48afd2cc3c.jpg

I believe that there is no gay or transgender gene, it is just a very bad choice, and I disagree with the homosexual animals theory first because we don't have to imitate animals in everything and second because it has been due to confusion that animals engage in same sex behavior. Actually I think most LGBT people are confused themselves, and what proves that is the high rate of suicides among them, they really need emotional therapy and a belief to fill their void.

with attitudes as rejecting, judgmental, and devalidating as this being constantly shoved in the faces of people who are simply attempting to live their own lives as authentically and peaceably as possible, by others who have nothing better to do, and who have no ability to be sympathetic to what people might go through, perhaps having had no experience of genuine hardship or inner conflict in their own lives, its absolutely no surprise that they want to kill themselves. do you ever think about the possible effects of your thoughtlessly unkind, know-it-all approach to the realities that other people experience? if not, perhaps you could try it sometime?

This in 8 posts already? Seriously? Did you sign up just to dig up threads and cause trouble?

That's kind of selfish and inconsiderate. This isn't your personal soap box.

vq01zd.jpg

I just stated my opinion based on scientific research I have been reading, this is in response to the original poster. That does not mean I don't sympathize with those who struggle with it, on the contrary they should be supported, however facts are facts, it won't help anybody saying there is a gay gene or animals are homosexuals, at least it won't help a struggling LGBT person find his true self, cool down and learn to listen to people with differing opinions than yours, thanks.

I just stated my opinion based on scientific research I have been reading, this is in response to the original poster. That does not mean I don't sympathize with those who struggle with it, on the contrary they should be supported, however facts are facts, it won't help anybody saying there is a gay gene or animals are homosexuals, at least it won't help a struggling LGBT person find his true self, cool down and learn to listen to people with differing opinions than yours, thanks.

Your opinion is not new and has been heard before a million times by everyone, and repeating it offers no constructive value.

It is not a good idea to jump into dead threads as one of your first actions on the forum. It makes it seem like you have an agenda. Also posting things that don't actually help anyone without regard to who you are talking to is just writing to see yourself talk, and that is selfish and self centered.

You're not helping.

What scientific research? You just spouted a bunch of bull without any valid links behind it.

And yes, you're statistics are probably correct. But it's also statistically correct that 70% of all suicide victims are male. Does that prove the male gender is a mistake of nature? Or that being male is just a choice and not a real gender classification?

What's your actual goal here. You state that transgenderism and homosexuality is all in the head, but you don't condemn people for it. Great. I believe that ice cream tastes nice, but is bad for you. I don't go around telling people, because it's an inane, pointless bit of information. So either you lack the ability to filter your thoughts or you're just being a troll.

failing to respect opinions of others is exactly what you have done. for example, lets think about how ridiculous it is that you suggest they need belief to fill "their void". how do you know that none of them have a belief? did you ask them about their belief? or did you just decide to take the initiative to force your own completely irrelevant opinion of their belief onto them?

Reactions: hush
Status
Not open for further replies.