Transgender - Why is it even a thing? | INFJ Forum

Transgender - Why is it even a thing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lerxst

Jul 3, 2010
MBTI
INFJ
I don't get this. When I hear about TG people my brain immediately thinks, "first-world problems" and shuts off.

People in this country have real problems they can't hide or ignore. Try being a black person for instance. How about Native American? How about being born a woman? Struggles people in the country have been facing since, well, pretty much we became a county; struggles people in this country are still facing every day.

Now we have these "poor white boys" with nothing better on their plates than to complain they should be a woman. Sorry, but I think every downtrodden, minority in the country has the right to flip you off right about now "ladies". And if you are a transgender minority... masochistic much??

I get being gay or bi. I fully support that and I'll stand by anyone who fights for their rights as that. It's not a choice, it's biological. I've worked with animals for years and even in other areas of the animal kingdom, homosexuality is present. Guess what though, transgender doesn't exist anywhere in nature except for humans. It's a man-made issue by people with nothing better to do.

I can go back to the 70's and 80's and I get the message. People trying to make a statement and make others think outside the box, break the rules, not judge a book by its cover, etc. In the 90's-00's you also had "Goth" - I was friends with most of them. Hell, I was even one myself. Some wore makeup, some wore women's clothing, some dyed their hair, some did all of that (my hair was reddish/blue and I wore black nail polish, combat boots and a trench coat... to answer your question). Again, it was done mostly to challenge people's preconceptions - most I knew were straight A students and even offered their professors some interesting conversation.

At no point did any of the TG people I knew in the past or the goths I went to school with think that this was some sort of way of life they were going to go protest equality for. That wasn't what it was about. It was just having the freedom to do what you wanted to do and make people reconsider their thought process along the way.

Now I see transgender issues all across the news and when I was just getting used to LGB they threw a T on the end of it. No. Being trans is definitely, 100% a choice. It disrespects people with actual civil rights problems to lump transgender in with them.

Just because some people with too much time on their hands who misinterpreted Rocky Horror Picture Show decide to form a movement, doesn't mean the rest of us have to listen, does it?

Reactions: gd65h8as7
do you genuinely believe that you are in personal possession of the actual legitimate core truths and realities of the whole intricate array of biological and psychological and genetic messes that constitute human sex and gender experience?

is there any special reason why you single out congenitally male people who identify as transgender for mockery? or was the blindness displayed in your post to congenitally female transgender identifying people simply accidental?

do you think that the biological hypothesis of same-sex attraction should be empirically supported before same-sex attracted people are treated with equality? what if they do "choose" to experience their sexuality in a same-sex attracted way? should the validity of their choice be denied?

should we separate people who experience or practice same-sex sexuality on the basis of whether we can scientifically validate the biological origins of their experience, in terms of the legal or cultural recognitions that we give to aspects of their lives?

Lerxst, have you considered the possibility that this issue has to be "a thing" because of people like you?

AMEN! This is the reason it's an issue. If you understand gay then what is so hard to understand about Transgender? Your attitude and people like you are why they fight for rights. One of my best friends is transgender and she is the sweetest person. All she wants is to be able to act and dress like who she feels like on the inside. It has caused her so much anxiety and depression growing up and the hate and violence she has experienced as a result of just wanting to be who she is is horrific.

Reactions: invisible
I think it is worth standing up for those that face hatred and violence because they feel like a different gender inside. They are harming no one. I wouldn't harass them and I don't think it is right for anyone to. If transgenderism is man made, then so is the hatred toward them. This is something we can learn to overcome.

While I think the media has helped make these issues present, I think that it is often done in a way that ignites passion and divides people, at least at first. Perhaps in one hundred years things will look much different.

Reactions: Elis and invisible
This is even a thing because it is true for people, because it is who they are - and it's not limited by race.

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/7073854

Allures annual "Nudes" feature is here and this year's models include "Orange Is the New Black" star Laverne Cox and the "Fast & Furious" franchise's Jordana Brewster.

“I said no initially, thought about it, and said no again," Cox told Allure. “But I'm a black transgender woman. I felt this could be really powerful for the communities that I represent. Black women are not often told that we’re beautiful unless we align with certain standards. Trans women certainly are not told we’re beautiful. Seeing a black transgender woman embracing and loving everything about her body might be inspiring for some folks. There’s a beauty in the things we think are imperfect. It sounds very cliché, but its true."

Katheryn Winnick, who appears in the History Channel's "Vikings," said baring it all in front of the camera made her feel "more free and empowered," while actress Nicole Beharie wanted to do the photo shoot after turning 30 to "celebrate and accept my body in an artistic way."

It's about being aligned outside with who you are inside, feeling like you were born in the wrong body, and doing what you can to feel secure in your gender identity.

This is still widely misunderstood, and the result is hate crimes, discrimination, pain, fear, suffering, blood - death by one's own hands or someone else's.

Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere. Racism is a threat to justice. Homophobia is a threat to justice. This is a threat to justice.

It's very simple.

Last edited:
I think people should be free to do with their body whatever they want

Lifes also too short to worry too much what others think; you just have to be yourself whatever that is and seek fulfillment

However...that said...i also know for a fact that there are endocrine disruptors being put into the biosphere which are affecting people hormonally

For example we know that male fertility is dropping and also that girls are experiencing puberty earlier

So guys and gals are being affected by chemicals that they are being exposed to in the modern age

However, they should then still do whatever makes them happy and comfortable in their lives

So i believe in peoples rights to live how they want, but i also believe that people should not be genetically altered by chemicals put into them via for example food stuffs, packaging and babies drinking bottles

See for example:

Bisphenol A (BPA)
Pthalates

THESE AFFECT PEOPLE HORMONALLY

Shut the fuck up. Do you know what is more "first world problem" than transgendered people?

A middle aged white male who is socioeconomically sound enough to fuck around with veganism and online forumgoing, writing a long ass post, COMPLAINING about those who won't even remotely affect his life. Pathetic much?

Everyone thinks the issues they see in their own back yard are more important or more relevant than the issues others face in their yards. People always change their mind about these issues when suddenly they become more personal. Every issue is an issue and should be resolved. Comparisons are not really important.

Actually, it is in "my backyard" so to speak since it is an issue close friends and even a family member are bringing up. People, mind you, that had absolutely nothing going wrong in their lives; good job, family, house, etc.

Gay/Lesbian couples make the news with marriage and equality laws, blacks and minorities make the news with police brutality cases, now the trans people are like, "Hey, no fair! They get attention? I want it too!" and pitch a hissy fit because now they feel left out.

I don't give a rat's ass what you wear or want to call yourself. You're not being oppressed and Martin Luther King Jr. didn't get assassinated over whiny little ass-wipes who would rather wear a bra instead of t-shirt.

Transgender is a non-issue and it has fuck all to do with equality or human rights.

Shut the fuck up. Do you know what is more "first world problem" than transgendered people?

A middle aged white male who is socioeconomically sound enough to fuck around with veganism and online forumgoing, writing a long ass post, COMPLAINING about those who won't even remotely affect his life. Pathetic much?

latest

Actually, it is in "my backyard" so to speak since it is an issue close friends and even a family member are bringing up. People, mind you, that had absolutely nothing going wrong in their lives; good job, family, house, etc.

Gay/Lesbian couples make the news with marriage and equality laws, blacks and minorities make the news with police brutality cases, now the trans people are like, "Hey, no fair! They get attention? I want it too!" and pitch a hissy fit because now they feel left out.

I don't give a rat's ass what you wear or want to call yourself. You're not being oppressed and Martin Luther King Jr. didn't get assassinated over whiny little ass-wipes who would rather wear a bra instead of t-shirt.

Transgender is a non-issue and it has fuck all to do with equality or human rights.

i noticed you blithely ignored every question that i posed. the level of hatred you are directing towards this group is totally unreasonable. you are so arrogant that you cant even see that you are speaking in a way that is charged with gender-compliance hatred, you just assume that you are right. your belief in your own rightness is so extreme that you think that it is your prerogative to inform people of what they experience as subjectively "going wrong" in their own lives. i sincerely hope that your "close friends" and family members will somehow manage to escape your toxic influence. talking about people the way you do is never acceptable. you should be banned from this forum. im putting you on ignore forever. your opinions on this matter are so incoherent and spiteful that nothing else you could say could possibly be worth hearing.

Reactions: barbad0s and 5r6jhd
I think young people these days have a much harder time of it than many previous generations of recent decades

I think feeling you are the wrong gender must be a helluva stress to be honest. Sure it wouldn't be easy in any decade but i think nowadays because any sense of community has broken down i think that people who are more niche are perhaps not dealt with as compassionately as they might be and in fact things might be a little more cynical and cruel these days especially with social media

I don't think 'first world' problems don't matter either as i think kids in wealthier countries are probably feeling more spiritually adrift than kids in more community based countries and i wouldn't be suprised if they are more depressed

So i don't think we should play down the troubles of kids and young folk in wealthy countries just because they come from a wealthier background...depression is still depression and suicide is still suicide

I think instead of invalidating the struggles of kids from wealthier countries we need to start asking why people are feeling so adrift and unsupported in those countries

I just don't understand the level of hatred Lerxt is spewing right now. What is it about this, @Lerxt that makes you feel so angry and hateful?

I just don't understand the level of hatred Lerxt is spewing right now. What is it about this, @Lerxt that makes you feel so angry and hateful?

I think it's because he doesn't think it's "real". As in, biologically real, like skin color and homosexuality which he pointed out and I guess he thinks it's just some kind of whim. But there is research that points to possible biological underpinnings.

I think it's because he doesn't think it's "real". As in, biologically real, like skin color and homosexuality which he pointed out and I guess he thinks it's just some kind of whim. But there is research that points to possible biological underpinnings.

I personally just cannot fathom how anyone would think something like this would be a whim or some fun little phase to try out. I mean, all the OP has to do is to take a good hard look at himself nad his words multiply that by 100 add in a bit more cruelty and even a little but of violence and combine that with never feeling like you're right in your own skin along with depression and anxiety.

Sounds like a real hoot. All the privileged little rich boys should give it a go o.0

Status
Not open for further replies.