Total life realization yesterday: INFJ thing? | INFJ Forum

Total life realization yesterday: INFJ thing?

Obstinate

Regular Poster
Jul 7, 2008
MBTI
INFJ
Okay, well I came back from the Inauguration two days ago, and I love the East Coast. Coming back to disgusting LA, I was pretty depressed. And just yesterday, while walking into a disgusting Best Buy store, I just realized what I wanted to do with my life: I want to be a writer. Yes, I know it's hard, but I thought to myself, you know, high school really sucks. Life right now is a huge load to bear. It sucks when there's places you want to be and things you want to do that'll make you happy, but the only thing holding you back is this childish, ambition-dimming, experience called high school. And I figure, you know, if I make it out of this alive and in college, I owe it not only to myself, but to the thousands of kids accross the country, hell, the world that have to go through the same thing. I'm not talking about the kids who just want to smoke and drink all the time; I want to reach those kids who've always wanted to do something grand with their lives, and feel hopeless because all they've been told is "You can't do that." or they've been pretty much forgotten. I think they could be the future leaders of the world if they just had a little pushing. I want to write stories for them. And I figure, if I don't totally lose my mind, get extremely suicidal, or a combination of the two, I'm going for it. It was all so clear for me.

Any other INFJs get this sort of experience? This life-changing realization?

I want to write stories for them. And I figure, if I don't totally lose my mind, get extremely suicidal, or a combination of the two, I'm going for it. It was all so clear for me.

Any other INFJs get this sort of experience? This life-changing realization?

On your last question, yes, frequently. I think this sounds like a good idea and pursuit. If anything, your timing is very good at this point in your life to think big and remember the importance of continuing on with your education. Sorry about High School...just keep plugging away at it and get through. Four years of your life may seem like a lot, but in the grand scheme of things it really isn't. :)

Last edited:
Got nothing to add besides congrats on your realisation and good luck, it'll be hard work but damn rewarding if you get through to people.

[Unrelated to the thread's topic, but, wow, i relate to you a lot. i also go to high school in LA and want to leave so badly. i've also dreamed of becoming a writer for a really long while.]

i've never a "total" life epiphany, though. recently, in the past year or so, i've had a couple realizations about the future.

one example: i'm now convicted to becoming a mental health advocate, working towards dispelling stigma and ignorance and "nipping the problem in the bud" by targeting psychological issues early in kids of elementary school age. (this is probably because i've felt so alone myself when i had to deal with mental issues)

Hmmm cant say I've had a complete life epiphany, but i've had pretty strong inspirations occur at random moments in my life. Always pursue what inspires you. I think INFJs especially have the raw talent to dream and make dreams happen.

Yeah I have had what I call 'life summary moments' in various frames of mind, from time to time, with the help of various catalysts. Usually during or after stressfull moments, or periods of long introspection. But I dont get them as much as I used to, so Iv'e started writing a synopsis of my life so far, with a focus on key points surrounding some of my emotional baggage, in order to try and get a nice distilled flask of meaning at the eventual end of the writing splurge. I have a LOT of things to change about myself, and know myself better than ever before. The tricky bit is knowing what to put in and what to leave out, as im trying to fix my problems with the writing not write an autobiography. Lol.

As for you writing to help others "I think they could be the future leaders of the world if they just had a little pushing. I want to write stories for them" , I think thats very noble of you. BUT write for yourself not for anyone else, otherwise you may want to edit too much of it when your older and look back on what you wrote from a very different frame of mind! Analyse and take yourself apart in writing is my suggestion, then you can develop a plan to reconstruct your self as a process with goals and vision. Or at least thats what Im trying to do at the moment to myself.

PS- What is so bad about LA? Just wondering...Actually I hate where I live as among other things, I just went for a walk (at night) to buy some groceries, and had random abuse yelled at me by inbred buffoons from two separate passing cars. Grrrrrrr...Such is life in smalltown New Zealand sometimes.

I had it once but where I transcended to a point where I was not afraid anymore, nothing scared me and I could see so clearly and beautifully without anxiety crawling up my back. Thing just were and I had come to realize that. I had no more questions to ask and no devistated seeking. (I wasnt on any drugs)

This was the realization I had and then I came across this quote sort of confirming my idea which was an ephipany moment itself. "If the doors of perception were cleansed every thing would appear to man as it is, infinite."

I remember bizzarly laughing because I realized how stupid I have been fearing death and the unnown... Although somehow my fear came crawling back even worse than before.

WOW! You quote William Blake from the marriage of heaven and hell?

Awesome!

THE VOICE OF THE DEVIL

All Bibles or sacred codes, have been the causes of the following Errors.

That Man has two real existing principles Viz: a Body & a Soul.
That Energy, called Evil, is alone from the Body, & that Reason, called Good, is alone from the Soul.
That God will torment Man in Eternity for following his Energies.

But the following Contraries to these are True.

Man has no Body distinct from his Soul; for that called Body is a portion of Soul discerned by the five Senses, the chief inlets of Soul in this age.
Energy is the only life and is from the Body and Reason is the bound or outward circumference of Energy.
Energy is Eternal Delight.

WOW! You quote William Blake from the marriage of heaven and hell?

Awesome!

THE VOICE OF THE DEVIL

HAHAH yes, you are familiar with it!!!! I think he is an excellent poet =) Extraordinary that he still influences ^^ and whoa not many know about him anymore. *smile*

PS- What is so bad about LA? Just wondering...Actually I hate where I live as among other things, I just went for a walk (at night) to buy some groceries, and had random abuse yelled at me by inbred buffoons from two separate passing cars. Grrrrrrr...Such is life in smalltown New Zealand sometimes.

Well, it's kind of like being gay in the deep South; I just don't really belong here in the car-obsessed, extremely spread out "city" called Los Angeles. Mostly because I'm a pro-transit, bike-everywhere kind of person who dreams of being in the city.

I know what you mean about car-obsessed. That seems to be endemic in my part of the world. Our decaying rail-system and other alternatives are better funded than they used to be but still on the 'backburner' sadly. New roads and motorways however are shouted about from the rooftops whenever one is merely proposed let alone actually built on time and budget.

What gets to me is car noise which we have plenty of (thanks to obsession with modified and souped up cars here), and the prioritisation of traffic over pedestrians in city planning and civil engineering.

That's a great ambition Obstinate, hope high school gets even a little easier for you :)