Time Loops | INFJ Forum

Time Loops

Sriracha

Not here.
Banned
Jul 14, 2011
MBTI
ISFJ
The older I get the more I see time for the living (and dead) like the cursive letter "e" and it continuously loops forward, sometimes the loop is so so large it overlaps previous loops. It goes on and on and on. It pretty much means there is no such thing as time. (- previous post by Sriracha.)

We live our life and then we pass on. Is it possible that our spirit has the ability to loop around to the past to a time where we wished we had changed something, we then influence that course of direction and change the course of our history?

Do you think other people that have passed on have that ability as well (to influence you or others)? Think about it. People have dreams they cannot explain. Could some of those dreams be a reflection of what once was? Could it actually be a dream of YOU influencing another person's life? Many people believe there are "angels" around them who influence them in a positive direction or "bad entities" that influence the negative. Could it be a constant struggle to achieve what you perceive as a "perfect" life? Instead of your life looking like what seemed to be one long winding road, that your life actually includes all the forks in the road? From time to time, we catch glimpses of those other roads once travelled ... the majority of us has experienced a "deja vu."

For the past life believer, this theory is that you have never taken on another form in a past life (or been another person). You have always been yourself. Perhaps you traveled back to a time that interested you, and were only there to observe? Perhaps you attached yourself to someone during that time period, watched their life unfold and you tried to influence it?

Have you ever met someone and thought: "I know them." It's as though we've been friends forever. Perhaps they were someone you actually knew during one of your other courses of history. I once went on a "ghosthunt" with a small group of people. I was very much convinced the lady was truly psychic from something that happened during that event. At the end, we were getting ready to leave and she walks up to me and says: "You have a male around age 40 who is attached to you. Do you know who it is?" I had no idea. She told me his presence was very strong, but she could not decipher if he was in spirit or someone who has attached himself to me by energy. Could this be someone from another fork in the road trying to influence me?

Food for thought. I'd love to hear your thoughts on this.

ETA: haha, now that I really read this ... how it sounds much like the theory on LOST. (not my intention)

View attachment 8259

Is it possible that our spirit has the ability to loop around to the past to a time where we wished we had changed something, we then influence that course of direction and change the course of our history?

No.

Reactions: InvisibleJim
Why ......

Because it's not possible of course!

Example:
Could it be a constant struggle to achieve what you perceive as a "perfect" life?

If people are coming back in dream/angel/whatever form to create the perfect life for a past life of theirs, they are doing a horrible job.

I already know that if I were to come back in time to make my life better which LOTTO numbers I would give my past self and which stocks to then buy.

Last edited:
Because it's not possible of course!

Example:

If people are coming back in dream/angel/whatever form to create the perfect life for a past life of theirs, they are doing a horrible job.

I already know that if I were to come back in time to make my life better which LOTTO numbers I would give my past self and which stocks to then buy.

Well of course! We are imperfect creatures and always will be. The point is that now you realize that you will memorize which lotto numbers to give yourself and when, etc. I'm not certain you see my point. When you go back to give yourself those lotto numbers, you will be creating a "fork" in your road. You will still have all your experiences up until your death of the life you had before you won the lottery, and now you will have a parallel life with different experiences. You neglect to realize that if other people can change history, some other spirit would have the opportunity to change those lottery numbers ... thus screwing up your big plan. I do believe in forces of good and bad energy.

Perhaps our futures have already existed and played out. Right now you happen to be conscience of "this" life. For instance, if you were to go back and influence your grandmother to marry someone else. As a result, your parent was not born, nor you. It doesn't matter ... b/c you have already been created from one path. You are choosing to go back and make a fork in the road for your grandmother. All paths exist.

Last edited:
Then whats the point of changing? The path already exists. I'd just be creating a parallel life in a parallel path which the original me (the one who created this perfect life) didn't experience. Seems like a waste of time.

Then whats the point of changing? The path already exists. I'd just be creating a parallel life in a parallel path which the original me (the one who created this perfect life) didn't experience. Seems like a waste of time.

Who says you wouldn't experience it?

Who says you wouldn't experience it?

So I would experiece everything from every parallel life I create? Nope, not sold on it. Interesting speculation though.

Have you ever met someone and thought: "I know them." It's as though we've been friends forever. Perhaps they were someone you actually knew during one of your other courses of history. I once went on a "ghosthunt" with a small group of people. I was very much convinced the lady was truly psychic from something that happened during that event. At the end, we were getting ready to leave and she walks up to me and says: "You have a male around age 40 who is attached to you. Do you know who it is?" I had no idea. She told me his presence was very strong, but she could not decipher if he was in spirit or someone who has attached himself to me by energy. Could this be someone from another fork in the road trying to influence me?

[MENTION=4423]Sriracha[/MENTION] --I'll indulge your wacky notions!:m200:

Yikes, you're a brave girl going on a ghosthunt!!! I wouldn't have taken what she said well at all --unless you can tell me who it is and what they want, keep that sh*t to yourself! LOL

My hunch (if it wasn't a hitch hiker from the hunt) is that he may be your spirit guide. My sister had kind of a similar experience. She attended this 'psychic church' for lack of a better term where she was told there was a Native American male presence, her spirit guide, who was very protective of her. There are ways to explore communication with your spirit guide, but I've never tried myself. It makes sense that in both your case and my sister's that spirit guides would make a stronger attachment because of the surrounding levels of spectral activity.

I've heard that when you pass over, in most cases your spirit takes the form of how you looked around age 30 to the living. This is also true for spirit guides as they are said to be human souls that will not reincarnate again. That would fit her age description pretty well.

It could also be a relative who popped up for the same reasons...

[MENTION=4423]Sriracha[/MENTION] --I'll indulge your wacky notions!:m200:

Yikes, you're a brave girl going on a ghosthunt!!! I wouldn't have taken what she said well at all --unless you can tell me who it is and what they want, keep that sh*t to yourself! LOL

My hunch (if it wasn't a hitch hiker from the hunt) is that he may be your spirit guide. My sister had kind of a similar experience. She attended this 'psychic church' for lack of a better term where she was told there was a Native American male presence, her spirit guide, who was very protective of her. There are ways to explore communication with your spirit guide, but I've never tried myself. It makes sense that in both your case and my sister's that spirit guides would make a stronger attachment because of the surrounding levels of spectral activity.

I've heard that when you pass over, in most cases your spirit takes the form of how you looked around age 30 to the living. This is also true for spirit guides as they are said to be human souls that will not reincarnate again. That would fit her age description pretty well.

It could also be a relative who popped up for the same reasons...

WACKY!!!! LOL :D
I'm not certain who this energy is or if I even have it. I don't necessarily believe her, but I think about it. I was throwing him in there as a hypothetical part of this whole scenario. LOL

ETA: I will tell you what convinced me she was for real. We all were sitting in a room, very quiet. She was attempting to channel the energy that existed in the dwelling. So I'm sitting there thinking ... hmmmmmm "I wonder if.......". In my mind I am talking to my mother and I'm telling her "MOM, NOW IS YOUR CHANCE IF YOU HAVE SOMETHING TO SAY." The psychic immediately stopped and looked at me. She said: "I am going to have to help you in order for us to continue" (b/c I was being rude LOL). Then she went on to being descriptive of how my mother died. I didn't need to "talk" to my mother, but what caused her death was always a speculation. Now it isn't. I was floored.

Last edited:
WACKY!!!! LOL :D
I'm not certain who this energy is or if I even have it. I don't necessarily believe her, but I think about it. I was throwing him in there as a hypothetical part of this whole scenario. LOL

ETA: I will tell you what convinced me she was for real. We all were sitting in a room, very quiet. She was attempting to channel the energy that existed in the dwelling. So I'm sitting there thinking ... hmmmmmm "I wonder if.......". In my mind I am talking to my mother and I'm telling her "MOM, NOW IS YOUR CHANCE IF YOU HAVE SOMETHING TO SAY." The psychic immediately stopped and looked at me. She said: "I am going to have to help you in order for us to continue" (b/c I was being rude LOL). Then she went on to being descriptive of how my mother died. I didn't need to "talk" to my mother, but what caused her death was always a speculation. Now it isn't. I was floored.

Yup, not all psychics are even close, but when you find one that is spot on...

One thing I totally forgot to mention was that spirit guides are often kindred spirits. If you're into the idea of reincarnation, some people believe that you tend to reincarnate with other kindred spirits that follow you from lifetime to lifetime and vice-versa. These souls would then have the connection that you were writing about.

To answer your original question, I think it's possible. It's not a great example, but the only one that stands out for now. Once I was driving through an intersection and out of nowhere this car totally ignores his stoplight and brakes really hard, but ends up pretty much in my lane in my lane. About 1 second prior to that, without seeing the guy, I jerked my wheel to the left for no reason --it's like my hands had a mind of their own. Because I did this, I managed to just miss the guy. Right after that, I got this clear vision of an older man's face in my minds eye. He looked like my father, but different. I suspect it was one of my uncles or maybe even my grandfather. They all died long before I was born, but that's just the feeling I get. Okay, I know it's not my spirit per se, but if that's possible...

Yup, not all psychics are even close, but when you find one that is spot on...

One thing I totally forgot to mention was that spirit guides are often kindred spirits. If you're into the idea of reincarnation, some people believe that you tend to reincarnate with other kindred spirits that follow you from lifetime to lifetime and vice-versa. These souls would then have the connection that you were writing about.

To answer your original question, I think it's possible. It's not a great example, but the only one that stands out for now. Once I was driving through an intersection and out of nowhere this car totally ignores his stoplight and brakes really hard, but ends up pretty much in my lane in my lane. About 1 second prior to that, without seeing the guy, I jerked my wheel to the left for no reason --it's like my hands had a mind of their own. Because I did this, I managed to just miss the guy. Right after that, I got this clear vision of an older man's face in my minds eye. He looked like my father, but different. I suspect it was one of my uncles or maybe even my grandfather. They all died long before I was born, but that's just the feeling I get. Okay, I know it's not my spirit per se, but if that's possible...

But like I mentioned, anyone has the ability to influence. :)

[MENTION=4423]Sriracha[/MENTION] SO I reread your OP and I think I have a personal example to share that may be along the same lines, maybe not.

Geez, I feel like I should post a disclaimer right now...
:nono:If reading Sensiko's previous posts made you cringe in disgust --STOP READING NOW!!!:nono:
If I knew how to do that spoiler thing, I'd do that.

Okay, so my dad died about 6 years ago. When I was in high school, we had a really good relationship. He was my pal, good times. I remember coming home one day after driving around town with my sister and as soon as I see him, I HAVE to give him a really good bear hug. My family is NOT touchy-feely at all, so this wasn't something we did and really took all three of us by surprise. It was totally nonpremeditated (is that a word?). But this is the weird part: as I was giving him a hug everything was kind of in slow motion and vivid. I felt like my brain was taking a snapshot of my life in that moment. A snapshot of what things looked like, felt like, smelled like, but mostly what my dad's good energy felt like, it was very dreamlike.

When I think about my dad now, seventeen years later, I can still remember every single detail of that moment. The setting sunlight against the kitchen wall, the smell of beef stew cooking, how soft his favorite extra warm blue plaid shirt was and the feeling of that reallllly good hug is all still here in my head. It's like the Matrix-y special effect thing...

[video=youtube;vDzH2p_R-Oc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDzH2p_R-Oc&feature=related[/video]

I've never had another experience like that since then. I've wondered what possessed me to hug him that day and why it's so ingrained in my memory. I'm not saying that I looped back in time or anything, but if you told me I could loop back, that's the first thing I'd do.

[MENTION=4423]Sriracha[/MENTION] SO I reread your OP and I think I have a personal example to share that may be along the same lines, maybe not.

Geez, I feel like I should post a disclaimer right now...
:nono:If reading Sensiko's previous posts made you cringe in disgust --STOP READING NOW!!!:nono:
If I knew how to do that spoiler thing, I'd do that.

Okay, so my dad died about 6 years ago. When I was in high school, we had a really good relationship. He was my pal, good times. I remember coming home one day after driving around town with my sister and as soon as I see him, I HAVE to give him a really good bear hug. My family is NOT touchy-feely at all, so this wasn't something we did and really took all three of us by surprise. It was totally nonpremeditated (is that a word?). But this is the weird part: as I was giving him a hug everything was kind of in slow motion and vivid. I felt like my brain was taking a snapshot of my life in that moment. A snapshot of what things looked like, felt like, smelled like, but mostly what my dad's good energy felt like, it was very dreamlike.

When I think about my dad now, seventeen years later, I can still remember every single detail of that moment. The setting sunlight against the kitchen wall, the smell of beef stew cooking, how soft his favorite extra warm blue plaid shirt was and the feeling of that reallllly good hug is all still here in my head. It's like the Matrix-y special effect thing...

[video=youtube;vDzH2p_R-Oc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDzH2p_R-Oc&feature=related[/video]

I've never had another experience like that since then. I've wondered what possessed me to hug him that day and why it's so ingrained in my memory. I'm not saying that I looped back in time or anything, but if you told me I could loop back, that's the first thing I'd do.

Perhaps you already did loop back and that's why you were inclined to do it. :hug:

With this theory, your life has already been lived and possibly in a different way. One of your parallel lives/paths may have influenced you to hug your father, b/c perhaps in THAT life it could not come to terms with your father's death.

I was reading the other thread about nightmares, the girl that is plagued by them. They seem quite gruesome. Is it possible that those events actually did happen to her family and someone looped back to prevent it from happening (but her subconscious is still aware)?

The time loop thought to me is very similar to karma/reincarnation, except that you are eternally looping back to influence your life in a positive direction.

View attachment 8279

Last edited:
Perhaps our futures have already existed and played out. Right now you happen to be conscience of "this" life. For instance, if you were to go back and influence your grandmother to marry someone else. As a result, your parent was not born, nor you. It doesn't matter ... b/c you have already been created from one path. You are choosing to go back and make a fork in the road for your grandmother. All paths exist.

This is true in quantum physics but, practically, it only pertains to things as small as, or smaller than, electrons. Richard Feynman got his Nobel Prize partly for this. See: Feynman diagrams and Normalizable wave function.

Reactions: Sriracha
Perhaps you already did loop back and that's why you were inclined to do it.
:m033:

One of your parallel lives/paths may have influenced you to hug your father, b/c perhaps in THAT life it could not come to terms with your father's death.
Floating around here somewhere is a thread about past lives that I started telling about a past life I had with my father. I'm pretty sure my dad, husband and I have lived a few lifetimes together. What you wrote about coming to terms rings true to me. Even in this life I have a hard time holding back the tears when I think about him and I think about him everyday. His death wasn't unexpected and honestly, something I've had anxiety about since I was 6 or 7 years old because he was a lot older than other dads. I know everyone grieves differently, but I think my grief is not normal. I've been in grief therapy and have come to terms with his passing, really. It's a really guttural, emotional thing ( [MENTION=4423]Sriracha[/MENTION] YOU KNOW what I'm talking about!).

I've had really bad consecutive nightmares and I think... HOW could I come up with this? Seriously gruesome, horrorific stuff. Yes, I think it's rooted in truth somewhere along the line.

:m033:

Floating around here somewhere is a thread about past lives that I started telling about a past life I had with my father. I'm pretty sure my dad, husband and I have lived a few lifetimes together. What you wrote about coming to terms rings true to me. Even in this life I have a hard time holding back the tears when I think about him and I think about him everyday. His death wasn't unexpected and honestly, something I've had anxiety about since I was 6 or 7 years old because he was a lot older than other dads. I know everyone grieves differently, but I think my grief is not normal. I've been in grief therapy and have come to terms with his passing, really. It's a really guttural, emotional thing ( [MENTION=4423]Sriracha[/MENTION] YOU KNOW what I'm talking about!).

I've had really bad consecutive nightmares and I think... HOW could I come up with this? Seriously gruesome, horrorific stuff. Yes, I think it's rooted in truth somewhere along the line.

Yes I do know what you are talking about. :hug: It never matters how one dies, it is the sheer fact that one moment they were here and the next moment they are gone. It helps you to realize how precious your life is to others and how short it is for you. It has been 13 years since my mother passed. It wasn't for maybe the last two years that half of the time I can fondly talk about her without crying. I still grieve for her and I always will, but I've learned that life always goes on and will go on without her.

If you look back on your life and you have regret ... what is it? If this theory were true, would you go back and change it? It's quite possible that once we have reached the stage in life where we can look back without regret, our spirit will move on.

Well of course! We are imperfect creatures and always will be. The point is that now you realize that you will memorize which lotto numbers to give yourself and when, etc. I'm not certain you see my point. When you go back to give yourself those lotto numbers, you will be creating a "fork" in your road. You will still have all your experiences up until your death of the life you had before you won the lottery, and now you will have a parallel life with different experiences. You neglect to realize that if other people can change history, some other spirit would have the opportunity to change those lottery numbers ... thus screwing up your big plan. I do believe in forces of good and bad energy.

If this is the case and people have been time-traveling after death and THIS is the result of our travel after who knows how many trips (Figure you die, go back and change your life, then die and go back and change your life over and over again since it's always a different life you end up living each time) then I would absolutely HATE to think about what it was like the first time.

We probably all strangled ourselves on the umbilical cord the first time through and had to go back and redo that before we were even born at the rate we're going. After that, we forgot to breath once we were born and then had to go back and redo that part too!

:doh:
Yes I do know what you are talking about. :hug: It never matters how one dies, it is the sheer fact that one moment they were here and the next moment they are gone. It helps you to realize how precious your life is to others and how short it is for you. It has been 13 years since my mother passed. It wasn't for maybe the last two years that half of the time I can fondly talk about her without crying. I still grieve for her and I always will, but I've learned that life always goes on and will go on without her.

If you look back on your life and you have regret ... what is it? If this theory were true, would you go back and change it? It's quite possible that once we have reached the stage in life where we can look back without regret, our spirit will move on.

It's sometimes the same reaction like you were describing in another thread about how sometimes you get so emotional that you end up crying, however much you don't want to. Same here!
I knew he was in a better place and more importantly not suffering. I guess I cry for myself, as selfish as it is. I miss having him to fall on. :::eyes wellling up::: :doh:

Regrets? No regrets! The only regrets I have are choices that I couldn't make for myself as a child.

My purpose in life is to be as good and fair as I can and try to deal with any of those recurring issues that may shoot me back here. Coming back here is something I don't want to do again. Sometimes people I meet describe me as an old soul (I head that as a child sometimes) --whatever that means. I feel like it. If I do come back, I at least want to come back as something good! Like a hawk or someone's pampered housecat or something!!! :hug:

[MENTION=2890]Lerxst[/MENTION] It's f***ing mind blowing isn't it?!