Till death do us part or as long as i love you | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Till death do us part or as long as i love you

It's come to my attention that people are changing there wedding vows from "till death do us part" to "As Long As Love Shall Last". I must admit this seems kinda ridiculous to me, Isn't the point of marriage to be a bond that says I'll love you and only love you, not I'll love you as long as I love you.

I could never understand why marriage vows in a christian liturgy end with death? couldn't you love someone into the afterlife and want to be bound to them for eternity or at least until the love ran out.

For me, it's about both parties wanting to take that step. I have been married and divorced, but I didn't get maried to get divorced. It was certainly a sad thing when it began to take that direction...

Yes, if marriage doesn't appeal to you, then have a common law relationship without the piece of paper. For me though, I'd love to once day be married again. But, this time I plan to make that decision when I am absolutely sure that it is the right thing to do, because I don't want to be divorced again... So yea, to me, it's about death do us part. Just my opinion ;)