Those White People | Page 4 | INFJ Forum

Those White People

Also, I am a "liberal". To be honest I'm not sure what that is exactly - there seems to be a lot of confusion about what that word means - it's just that people have called me a "liberal" before. Let's also say that I'm a "social justice warrior" - sounds cool! Same way, I don't really have any idea what this means, it's just what people have called me before. People have also called me an INFJ before. LOL! Hope this all helps. xox

Also, I am a "liberal". To be honest I'm not sure what that is exactly - there seems to be a lot of confusion about what that word means - it's just that people have called me a "liberal" before. Let's also say that I'm a "social justice warrior" - sounds cool! Same way, I don't really have any idea what this means, it's just what people have called me before. People have also called me an INFJ before. LOL! Hope this all helps. xox
So if you dont mind can you explain to me how you can call yourself a liberal when you profess to not know what it means?

Life is srs y'all

b5a.jpg

I hope I didn't make anything too serious... I understand that I often go too far. I was trying to make things simple, but I think I did the opposite. I think I was mainly just upset and value-signalling. I just want to show others that I'm superior to them. I do this out of compulsion, because I have a greedy self-esteem that demands tributary fodder of some kind. That's pretty much all there is to it. Sorry

I operate under the idea that we're all monsters with good in us, not the other way. From an animal's perspective, humans are not awesome.

It is difficult to be human.

We'd probably get along better if we communicated through music.

Some people argue that 'racism got worse' under Obama. It did not. People are just speaking up and lashing out now. Things are most difficult at the end. After the end, there will be a beginning.

Trump empowering a bigoted minority may expedite the beginning.

@invisible I'm confused. You have posed valid question/issue. (not just this thread, but elsewhere too)
Yet, you negate your remarks in explanation and appology ?!? I respect your opinions, please stand strong in them :)
Just wondering, does anyone ever find it difficult being white? We tend to have a lot more money than non-white people and everything, and that allows us to do a lot more things that we want to in this life than people who are not white. Also, if we live in the US, our homes and jobs are not currently threatened. And our US citizenship is not threatened. And we tend to have no difficulty whatsoever being admitted into any cultural or societal establishment we choose. But all that is just generalisation. Being white can sometimes be difficult. Does anyone ever feel like being white is something that they would do anything to have not been born with? Or is having been born white basically OK for you?

I'm fine being white. It's a wonderful gift, from Heaven, and I can't explain how else I was born being white, apart from it being a miraculous turn of fortune. But I'm just wondering how other people feel about it. All other things being equal, maybe you would rather be some person who is not white?

By the way, please don't pay any attention to anything I have written. I'm just upset and value-signalling. Or whatever else my hidden psychological flaws are telling me to do. Nothing that I say is of any importance, for the reason that I have psychological flaws.

Yes, I do find it difficult being white. At times I'm not OK with that label As I find I am much more than my skintone...I dress humbly and don't drive a fancy vehicle and am labeled " white trash" by some . At other times when dressed up and I have my shine on, I am labeled as an "uppity white bitch"; of each occasion I remind myself they don't know "my white story".
I avoid these people and their mindset.

I equate liberal with open minded (?) and choose to freely move about the spectrum of political and social views. I Never can understand why folks box themselves up with labels and then cry foul when others address them with such names. :-/

@invisible I'm confused. You have posed valid question/issue. (not just this thread, but elsewhere too)
Yet, you negate your remarks in explanation and appology ?!? I respect your opinions, please stand strong in them :)

It's all very confusing. I want to try to stand up for what I think is right. But it seems like it means that if I do that, things that I say don't matter, because saying those things makes me a social justice warrior, or upset, or hysterical, or value-signalling? So that things that I say are unimportant, because my reasons for saying things are wrong, or because I'm the wrong type of person to say things?

Reactions: Sandie33
So if you dont mind can you explain to me how you can call yourself a liberal when you profess to not know what it means?
He already explained that other people called him a liberal. Try to keep up.

I'm like the girl who said the wrong thing, because she was a bad person. So what she said didn't matter, because she said it for the wrong reasons, and she was the wrong type of person to be saying those things. She had the wrong friends, and she was just saying things to show off to her friends, so therefore the things she said were wrong. Does that make sense?

It's weird that white people aren't a unified homogeneous force, very similar to all other races.

OMG! People of other races are all the same as each other, in a way that white people aren't? I had no idea!
Yeah! They are undesirables. (Or in liberal speak, deplorables)

How should I know?? I'm white and I don't make assumptions about non-white subjectivities... except that they're not white. Which really isn't a very dangerous assumption.

Then how do you know they have dimensions of thoughts that whites never have?

Reactions: PintoBean
I think that people who aren't white have dimensions of thought that people who are white never have.
Great observation. They may also be dimensions of thought many people - again, not just white people - don't want to have.

For instance, when I look in my rearview mirror and see a police car behind me, even though I'm not breaking any laws, there is the thought that I could be in danger - especially if the cop is white. That's because, no matter how compliant I am, how well spoken I am, I never know if the man or woman behind that badge is a hothead racist looking for any excuse to empty his gun into me - especially since it's fairly unlikely there will be consequences for doing so, even if video footage of it goes viral.

I have been followed around in a retail store, and not very discreetly. I have been asked for multiple forms of ID when going into a nightclub, though white patrons were only asked for one, if any. I have been systematically excluded from offering an opinion on a thread on this site because the originator didn't know if I was "cool for a black guy." I've known people who will have sex with someone black, but not date or marry them. I've been told what sort of music I should be making (and listening to) based on my color, and what foods I should eat (watermelon, which I don't really like) and shouldn't (medium rare steak, which I do). I'm expected to be hung like a horse and fuck like a beast, to be athletically gifted...but not be very intelligent or articulate. When I walk by a car occupied by a white woman (usually elderly), I hear the door lock engage. If they're sitting on a bench, they clutch their purses tighter. I go out of my way to not appear threatening - even taking care not to appear to be following someone just because we happen to be going in the same direction (even going so far as to cross the street). I'm expected - even in 2016 - to know where my place is. My choice of clothing can actually put me in danger. In some neighbors, certain colors can't even be worn, lest you be mistaken for a gang member - in which case I risk being shot by a cop or an opposing gang member.

In addition to "external racism," there's the internal version. Nappy hair=bad hair. Fairer skin is better than darker skin - the dark skinned parents who delight that their son or daughter has brought home a "high yellow" significant other.

Strangely, the only person to ever compliment the color of my skin and the texture of my hair was a white guy who happened to be sitting behind me when I visiting Lake Travis in Austin, Texas. It was the only time up to that point in my life that I heard someone use the word "nappy" in a positive context, as he was telling me how he much loved my hair while he was caressing it. I was dumbstruck. I couldn't quite say thank you, because a part of me was thinking it wrong to express gratitude for compliments about things I'd been brought up to think negatively of, or at least of as being inferior.

Last edited: