the

Si master race.
Banned
Feb 17, 2009
MBTI
ISTJ
Enneagram
9w1
Something that has been getting my attention lately is when white people rant against "White America". Today this graphic image got my attention, but its seemingly becoming more pervasive:

15055661_1825034114378126_5579554661165004711_n.jpg

Doesn't this person realize she is white and is default a part of White America? Or is White America a term for a particular way/ outlook on life? It seems derogatory whenever it is used and it is almost always used by liberals/ SJW's.

If you are white (or @ruji can comment too because he is cool for a black guy) and you use the term "white people" in a negative sense, what do you mean by it? Who specifically are you speaking about?

Laci is saying that the white people she hangs with/knows are cooler than the white people who voted for Trump. Like her kind of whites populate Amherst College and other lovely liberal arts epicenters, not say Akron Ohio. I think she wants to convey that she supports the whites who are currently lighting fires and destroying property in LA, not the whites who voted for Trump and quietly went home. What she is trying to say is "I'm one of the good guys."

Considering our position in this world, historically and now in America and other countries, I think it's going to be possible for me to tolerate critical discussions about white people. I can't really be bothered to figure out why anyone else would have a problem with that kind of criticism. I will definitely encourage them to them to spend their time figuring out why I don't have a problem with it, if that interests them. But I think it's something they're going to have to do without my help.

In my understanding, "White America" is a term symbolizing Republican control of the government and oppression of the struggling citizen to describe anyone who isn't on board with the SJW agenda.

Though, it mostly targets white men, because if you're white and have a penis, that means you're a wealthy warmongering misogynistic supremacist bigot. I thought everyone knew that about white men? :p

I'm by no means an expert on American politics or it's social issues but those tweets make me feel slightly uneasy. I haven't seen or heard from this girl in a long long time, last I saw her on youtube she was acting goofy and making faces at the camera....So....yeah.

One thing I've noticed though is that ( in social media )at least, a lot of young Americans seem to bring up this '' white American '' thing frequently. As if they are uncomfortable with themselves or something. Its very confusing to me.

For the record, I myself am completely colour blind when it comes to race. I travelled the world back in the day and I believe I'm a much healthier and more rounded and stable person for it. So all this race stuff goes right over me.

Out of curiosity I swung by youtube and found this,

Don't think I'll be checking in on there for another few years yet.

Last edited:
I take it to mean Babyboomer white people who grew up in a time when racism and mysogeny was normal, and the kids they passed those beliefs onto.

I am hesitant to lump all Republicans as part of this group, but "Good old boys" certainly applies. Some women are part of this group too, but rarer.

It's the nicest way he is able to say he has a boner for me

And... aren't you half black/white, anyway? Does that mean he has half a boner/half stewing anger at you for being part of the oppressive patriarchy?

her trendy black-framed glasses

They're an awful fit for her, too. The optician in me is weeping. ;__;

Considering our position in this world, historically and now in America and other countries, I think it's going to be possible for me to tolerate critical discussions about white people. I can't really be bothered to figure out why anyone else would have a problem with that kind of criticism. I will definitely encourage them to them to spend their time figuring out why I don't have a problem with it, if that interests them. But I think it's something they're going to have to do without my help.
I don't think @the has a problem with white people criticizing white people. Or with criticism of white people in general. It's more I think that this woman's tone is kind of self-conscious and hysterical. People are desperate to make 100% sure that other people don't think they are racist, misogynist homophobes, which is fine. Except that it seems in general, Laci and her ilk are unduly concerned with how they are perceived rather than how they really are. In other words, there's a high level of theater and a perhaps a low level of authenticity. Could be wrong, just my take.

Last edited: