Those White People | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

Those White People

People and their voices are being summarily dismissed for being personally a whole range of things - SJW, value-signalling, self-conscious, inauthentic, upset, hysterical, blah blah blah, - and THEY'RE the ones who are supposed to be considering themselves superior to others? Know thyself or something?

It would be an easy walk right into the ditch with all the rest...but...

Every time I see, hear or feel a conversation about race each little hair on my body stands straight up because of the angry energy cocktail that comes from defending MY race...you see, I belong to the human race. My ethnicity is a blend of colorful history. Yep, I have to fill in the little circle next to "white" or "Caucasian" because I'm more That than my other bloods.
(That brings a funny story...back in my rebel college days I checked "other" on the race section, who created a "other" choice for race on a demographic?,
Well, I penned in "Beagle". When called on it I told them I did it to see if they were paying attention.)

I see colors...not back and white. Just as I examine a seashell, I examine my fellow humans...I see all of their color and texture, their uniqueness...I'm nondiscrimanatory...if they act like an asshole, I'll call 'em out as an asshole regardless of how they are shaded. :)

my cousin in new york has been hmm i do not know how to word it... sort of harrassed? (where's my brain at?!?)because she looks mexican.. sigh..

People and their voices are being summarily dismissed for being personally a whole range of things - SJW, value-signalling, self-conscious, inauthentic, upset, hysterical, blah blah blah, - and THEY'RE the ones who are supposed to be considering themselves superior to others? Know thyself or something?

I don't understand what you mean. ^ Personally I'm coming at this issue from a place of trying to understand why it's happening. I don't understand what your trying to convey with your comment. (lost in translation).

To me racism comes from fear, however 'conscious' that is. It's obvious there is something wrong, so why is it happening, surely that's the only thing worth trying to understand. It's not about judging or labelling people, but understand the deeper currents of what is going on.

It would be an easy walk right into the ditch with all the rest...but...

Every time I see, hear or feel a conversation about race each little hair on my body stands straight up because of the angry energy cocktail that comes from defending MY race...you see, I belong to the human race. My ethnicity is a blend of colorful history. Yep, I have to fill in the little circle next to "white" or "Caucasian" because I'm more That than my other bloods.
(That brings a funny story...back in my rebel college days I checked "other" on the race section, who created a "other" choice for race on a demographic?,
Well, I penned in "Beagle". When called on it I told them I did it to see if they were paying attention.)

I see colors...not back and white. Just as I examine a seashell, I examine my fellow humans...I see all of their color and texture, their uniqueness...I'm nondiscrimanatory...if they act like an asshole, I'll call 'em out as an asshole regardless of how they are shaded. :)

LOL! LOL! Beagle.

I wrote 'other' for a long time, too. It's NOYB.
As you know, I am technically 'other', though my life experience is as a white woman, so I would never claim it.
My family is diverse, too, and I'm not interested in placing us in different boxes. So, I wrote "other".

Talking about race, heritage, differing backgrounds, and differing life experiences doesn't upset me at all. Talking about 'racism' does, mostly because it sucks that it needs to be talked about, still, in barbaric 2016.

LOL! LOL! Beagle.

As you know, I am technically 'other', though my life experience is as a white woman, so I would never claim it.
My family is diverse, too, and I'm not interested in placing us in different boxes. So, I wrote "other".

Talking about race, heritage, differing backgrounds, and differing life experiences doesn't upset me at all. Talking about 'racism' does, mostly because it sucks that it needs to be talked about, still, in barbaric 2016.
Exactly..but obviously it does need talking about, however uncomfortable that is for people.

I don't understand what you mean, I'm just coming at this from trying to understand why it's happening^ I don't understand your comment, or what it means. To me racism comes from fear, however 'conscious' that is. It's obvious there is something wrong, so why is it happening, surely that's the only thing worth trying to understand. It's not about judging or labelling people, but understand the deeper currents of what is going on.

I think racism comes from a lot of things.

Sorry I can't be more detailed or specific about what I meant, I'm very bad and unclear in describing my thoughts when I'm upset.

I think racism comes from a lot of things.

Sorry I can't be more detailed or specific about what I meant, I'm very bad and unclear in describing my thoughts when I'm upset.
I'm sorry your upset *big hug*
it is very upsetting

LOL! LOL! Beagle.

Agreed...I believe racism survies bc it stems from fear, status quo, lack of knowledge, disrespect, and a host of others...FB_IMG_1478872078289.jpg

After this, can people who are offering alternative perspectives to the discussion forums please respond to challenges to those perspectives themselves, rather than depending on others to explain those perspectives? Like say "What I mean is" rather than allowing another person to say "what I think X means is", etc.

And can people please quit saying "I think what X is saying is..." Because you really don't know what they meant. Your guess is as good as anyone's.

Dealing with someone explaining someone else's perspectives on this thread was not only confusing... it had other unfortunate outcomes too. So if you can please make the effort to clearly explain in detail what you are trying to say, and try not to let others do that for you, that would be awesome.

Thanks!

Poor white people. We hate to be questioned. It hurts our feelings! It "makes" us feel like we are all bad, deep inside. I know what it's like, I'm a white person too! But don't worry, other white people. Just because white people have done something wrong, doesn't mean we are all bad. We may have treated non-white people like faeces, but we can still be a force for good in this world! So just chill out. We aren't all bad, there's still good in us! We just need to do the best we can. xoxox

Just wondering, does anyone ever find it difficult being white? We tend to have a lot more money than non-white people and everything, and that allows us to do a lot more things that we want to in this life than people who are not white. Also, if we live in the US, our homes and jobs are not currently threatened. And our US citizenship is not threatened. And we tend to have no difficulty whatsoever being admitted into any cultural or societal establishment we choose. But all that is just generalisation. Being white can sometimes be difficult. Does anyone ever feel like being white is something that they would do anything to have not been born with? Or is having been born white basically OK for you?

I'm fine being white. It's a wonderful gift, from Heaven, and I can't explain how else I was born being white, apart from it being a miraculous turn of fortune. But I'm just wondering how other people feel about it. All other things being equal, maybe you would rather be some person who is not white?

By the way, please don't pay any attention to anything I have written. I'm just upset and value-signalling. Or whatever else my hidden psychological flaws are telling me to do. Nothing that I say is of any importance, for the reason that I have psychological flaws.

Last edited: