[INFJ] - This will make you rage | Page 38 | INFJ Forum

[INFJ] This will make you rage

You're the only extremist in this thread pretty much, and the thread itself which was created by you, promotes extremist ideologies. It's pathetic that you don't have the mental and emotional constitution to see this about yourself and work towards changing for the betterment of others. You are the very reason why we can't have nice things.

LoL wtf, half the people in this thread are extremists. Indignant and contrary thinking outside the collective is to such as yourself are as wire hangers were for momy dearest.

LoL wtf, half the people in this thread are extremists. Indignant and contrary thinking outside the collective is to such as yourself are as wire hangers were for momy dearest.

Oh, cool story. Wish it made sense.

f, half the people in this thread are extremists

Believing people don't need to be beaten and killed is not an extreme view. Recognizing the need for reform to prevent atrocities to human life is not an extreme view. Believing it's all make believe and blaming victims is an extreme view.

I have heard about this through word of mouth. I only watch local news, and even that very gingerly.

I guess what's got me confused about this situation is what am I going to do on an individual level to remedy it? Is thinking about it and talking about it going to be impactful? And if so, how?

I understand if you live there of course.

I find myself confused and exhausted by the way people interact with media. There's always a new problem somewhere in the country if you look for it, but where is the action? It seems to me that it's all an emotional reaction and that by talking about it we emotionally feel better but it doesn't actually do anything. We are just putting ourselves through an unnecessary emotional rollercoaster that does not at all impact the actual problem.
Gosh I couldn’t agree more. I stopped watching the news along time ago I know if it’s important I’ll hear about it through the Grapevine and then I can investigate it on my own terms without being influenced by what we fondly called fake newsBut in reality it’s the loss of integrity in reporting the news. I think the key to what you said is that they react rather than respond, one being emotional one being rational. Sadly most people don’t know how to manage their emotions and there is really no education involved in that. As for myself I respond to what’s in my environment as a means to help change the situation. If I see someone being cruel I will speak up. Somehow I’ve become much braver in my old age. I was at the store and a man started yelling at the clerk because something that was on sale wasn’t ringing incorrectly. I looked at him and said she doesn’t get paid enough money to take your shit. If we don’t defend the kind people in the world and stand up to the bullies They just get stronger and we get weaker but the truth is that hurt people hurt people. So the way never attacked him I made it clear she didn’t deserve the way he treated her eventually apologized I think the only way to initiate change is to start with our own back yard. Hopefully it has a trickle effect LOL

Rarely does anything impactful/useful come out of it. Emotion inhibits the ability to think clearly and thereby implement a logical plan of action... people will continue to be pissed off and hateful. This is one part of life that I don't understand and feel very jaded about and probably one of the main reasons why I don't really pay attention to politics/elections anymore. Maybe I've become content in being useless and not a change-maker in any respect...

I do think that people in power need to be accountable and drive positive change (because they have the power to do so), but I don't know how to make them do that.
I share your frustration. When we believe there is no solution we tend to hide but if we feel empowered to create a solution we’re not afraid to get out there and share it. Their us strength in numbers it’s just difficult to create that group and find the people to increase the numbers who could actually collectively find acceptable solutions and have the courage to confront the leaders who lack the knowledge and insist they implement the solutions or find acceptable ones. I think apathy is so distructive. Being a sensitive person I am I see how easy it is to be apathetic so you can survive the insanity that sometimes follows social injustices

Part of the problem is that outrage culture has been monetized.

Facebook did that study years ago that demonstrated upsetting news gets more clicks and so the news media is constantly purposefully trying to get your emotions engaged.

Not to help you. Not to change the country. But to keep you sharing articles, get you to watch their videos, get their advertisers more money.

Then we have a social media system where the more you complain about something and point out injustice going on, the better person you are. Then you get into this emotional loop of:

BAD NEWS. I'll talk about it, I'm angry! I did my part now I feel good.

How many people are actually writing their local reps or going to protests? Not many, especially since this news is location specific so why would I in Utah write my senator about something that happened in another state. I wouldn't.

It's very disturbing to watch this unfold all around me, all the time. You can tell who watches news and uses social media these days within 15 minutes of talking to them because they will go into some issue that happened in another state or country that they're upset about that they're also doing nothing about, but for some reason they want to talk to you about it. Particularly if they think it impacts you personally.

This is all a direct consequence of machine learning. That's why you've seen it get so polarizing the last 10 years or so. The algorithms are serving people up rage on a plate and we've become addicted to the emotional high of consuming bad news, talking excitedly about it with others, then moving on to the next outraging thing that happens.

At what point will people decide to live their life instead of allow the news media to strategically control their thoughts and emotions?
Wow so many good points.

Yes, but you should be OUTRAGED

That'll help any situation.
I saw a bumper sticker ones that said if you’re not out raged you’re not paying attention I completely agree there’s so much needless suffering. Are used to think human suffering was inflicted by other people and then I realize some of it we inflict upon ourselves. Scary To realize sometimes we are our own worst enemy. I try very hard to make a conscious effort To intervene when I see an injustice occur in my presence and people will tell me this is none of your business and I tell them you made it my business by doing that in front of me. They generally shut up because they’re not used to people being brave enough to tell them off call them on their shit publicly. I just can’t watch people be mean to other people in front of me and say nothing anymore.

look for Tulsa to be in real trouble Juneteenth. . why the fuck donny is doing this (I know why, he is rallying the white supremacists) is beyond me. .the current tension on the streets all but guarantee massive unrest. . and the protesters will be blamed, when he is the one that set it in motion. . . he is a dangerous imbecile. . and why the fuck the city is allowing it??

national security is an issue completely separate from systemic racism in the police departments across the country.. of course it is used to distract from the real issues. de-militarizing the police has nothing to do with the US military or national defense. the reason people are in the streets protesting is that racism is killing black men and women with no accountability. no lives matter until black lives matter. . . we have the ability to destroy the earth a thousand times over already with the weapons of war we already have. and again . .it has zero to do with the police murder of black people. if you want the protests to end, do something about the real issue. . this time we will not be distracted. . yes, we. . this is a white person problem, it is up to us to stand in solidarity together until this gets resolved. . we built this nation on the forced slave labor of blacks, this problem is 400 years old . . and until it stops we will not stop

tenor.gif

I am not a part of you. People are people, and some does not make all. Do all protesters want to take credit for looting? No different from blaming all police on a few's actions. This is insane, but I understand when looking at how humanity has changed.

look for Tulsa to be in real trouble Juneteenth. . why the fuck donny is doing this (I know why, he is rallying the white supremacists) is beyond me. .the current tension on the streets all but guarantee massive unrest. . and the protesters will be blamed, when he is the one that set it in motion. . . he is a dangerous imbecile. . and why the fuck the city is allowing it??

Call the police. OMG.

I saw a bumper sticker ones that said if you’re not out raged you’re not paying attention I completely agree there’s so much needless suffering. Are used to think human suffering was inflicted by other people and then I realize some of it we inflict upon ourselves. Scary To realize sometimes we are our own worst enemy. I try very hard to make a conscious effort To intervene when I see an injustice occur in my presence and people will tell me this is none of your business and I tell them you made it my business by doing that in front of me. They generally shut up because they’re not used to people being brave enough to tell them off call them on their shit publicly. I just can’t watch people be mean to other people in front of me and say nothing anymore.

Heck yea!

You can be pretty darn funny sometimes

Haha! Thank you!

This gif is life changing. I can't stop watching it.

I felt the same way the first time I saw it :laughing:

I actually feel sorry for them when this happens

Yes, the police are quite busy. Lots of overtime in already stretched government's budgets. They should be able to go home and mind their own business.

Reactions: David54
Yes, the police are quite busy. Lots of overtime in already stretched government's budgets. They should be able to go home and mind their own business.
Maybe they will be able to once the money for military weaponry n stuff is dispersed to community programs...

Reactions: acd
I didn't realize the ambiguity in that.

Reactions: just me