[INFJ] - This will make you rage | Page 42 | INFJ Forum

[INFJ] This will make you rage

https://www.nationalreview.com/news...harge-as-mayor-admits-morale-is-down-tenfold/
A number of Atlanta police officers did not show up for their Wednesday-night shifts in protest of murder charges brought against a former officer who shot and killed Rayshard Brooks after he resisted arrest.

Hours after Fulton County district attorney Paul L. Howard said officer Garrett Rolfe would be charged with felony murder, Atlanta police union spokesman Vince Champion told NBC News that officers had decided to walk off the job and go silent on radios to protest the decision.

added that “there are officers saying they are not going to leave the precinct unless to help another officer. Some are walking off and sitting in their personal vehicles.”

The Atlanta Police Department released a statement after Champion’s comments, calling claims that officers were walking off the job “inaccurate.”

“The department is experiencing a higher than usual number of call outs with the incoming shift,” the police explained. “We have enough resources to maintain operations & remain able to respond to incidents.”

Nah. Just hire better police officers. Change the police culture by getting rid of qualified immunity and corrupt police unions. Ensure more rigorous de-escalation training. Require college degrees and social services experience.
More training, less protection and lower pay.

I'm sure they'll be staying in droves

Their pay won't be lowered. They just can't kill people with impunity any more. I guess if that's a deterrent... Then good! Police aren't going away.
You want to divert funds from the police department, add more training but not lower the pay.

I'm interested to hear where the extra money for training is going to come from

You guys need some kind of imperial overlords with superior education and breeding.

I know we sent some to California recently as a gesture of pity, but it hasn't seemed to help.

Reactions: Daustus and Reason
You want to divert funds from the police department, add more training but not lower the pay.

I'm interested to hear where the extra money for training is going to come from
Well the funds they get can go to training. Which appears to be desperately needed. Maybe don't hire as many officers. Idk I don't live in terror of other people, calling the police for every loud party and minority passing through my neighborhood.

Are you arguing that there should be no reforms?

Well the funds they get can go to training. Which appears to be desperately needed. Maybe don't hire as many officers. Idk I don't live in terror of other people, calling the police for every loud party and minority passing through my neighborhood.

Are you arguing that there should be no reforms?
I still don't really understand how this plan is supposed to work.

I think that reforms cost money initially even if for example they wind up saving money two or three years down the road.

I still don't really understand how this plan is supposed to work.

I think that reforms cost money initially even if for example they wind up saving money two or three years down the road.
Ok then give them extra money for training. And if they require college degrees and background in some areas of social services, pay them more. But it should be tied to reform. Also, get rid of qualified immunity.

Or reduce number of officers and lighten their load by bringing in other crisis intervention services. Spend the funding there. I'm open to ideas. Just want to see reform because things can't continue as is.

Last edited:
Deleted member 16771 the racial purist :tearsofjoy:
Racism is abhorrent.

Except British racism. That's just natural.
giphy.gif

Reactions: Reason