KazeCraven

Graduated from Typology : May 2011
Donor
Aug 9, 2009
MBTI
IEI
Enneagram
6w5 sp/sx
Next time you get a chance, go take a look at a tree. How much about this tree do you really know about? Sure, you can look at it, say it's an ordinary maple tree, and go about your business. But do you really know that tree? How quickly does the width of the branches taper off? What's the shape of its leaves? Where has the trunk been damaged?

Maybe you think these are just irrelevant details. And maybe they are. But if you learned to look at a tree and see it for what it is, maybe, just maybe you might learn to see people for who they are. Someone is crying over the loss of her dog. You've felt loss, so maybe you can relate. But is your experience the same as hers? How can you really know that your experience is like hers? Maybe you can never know, but if you really watch and listen to the trees, maybe you'll learn to see a bit more of the world as it truly is.

Beautifully put.

Yeah, it's nice to simply sit and look at a scene for what it is, and let the true facts and details about the scene or objects within that scene settle in our minds.

Ohhh... this is wonderful Kaze!

I know trees and I respect trees. I even have a special white oak, beautiful lady that she is, that I go visit often and talk to. When Dad and then husband were cutting down the trees up there - I insisted they keep her. As they were cutting the other trees - they fell on some of her branches. She survived that - and 2 hurricanes.

She stands on top of a hill on the 40 acres and is growing and providing shade and acorns to all who need her gifts.

Trees are marvelous creations that provide oxygen, shade and cool, food for the animals (deer and squirrels and dogs) and beauty for me to behold.

Thank you for the reminder to be grateful to them.

Great topic. Trees can actually tell us all sorts of things.

I was actually laying outside staring at some trees yesterday.
Watching the sun colour the leaves, intensify the shades, create shadows.
And then I was thinking about how everything dark and unknown, the places underneath us, provides for us our entire life.

Reactions: Kgal
Next time you get a chance, go take a look at a tree. How much about this tree do you really know about? Sure, you can look at it, say it's an ordinary maple tree, and go about your business. But do you really know that tree? How quickly does the width of the branches taper off? What's the shape of its leaves? Where has the trunk been damaged?

Maybe you think these are just irrelevant details. And maybe they are. But if you learned to look at a tree and see it for what it is, maybe, just maybe you might learn to see people for who they are. Someone is crying over the loss of her dog. You've felt loss, so maybe you can relate. But is your experience the same as hers? How can you really know that your experience is like hers? Maybe you can never know, but if you really watch and listen to the trees, maybe you'll learn to see a bit more of the world as it truly is.

this made me smile :)

Just who do you think you are? A sensor????

Yep. We filter a lot. It's not just information gathering from our senses that we filter out, it's all the possibilities and mystery too.

Reactions: Gaze
I also relate a lot to this. Thanks a lot :D. Indeed, I agreed with you. Been thinking something similar about it...

Just who do you think you are? A sensor????
I have to be honest that this is, I think, a good point of learning that an Intuitive person should learn. Not to S extent that you ignore 'depth', but still, learning to appreciate 'details', the world as it is, is good.

Yep. We filter a lot. It's not just information gathering from our senses that we filter out, it's all the possibilities and mystery too.
Ni ahoy? I would say Ne + Se (...ENFP? ENTP?) would get a lot of interpretation.

I've been considering taking up tree farming quite seriously.
I think it's worth it in the long run.

I am amazed that I told this exact same thing to my ENTP friend when we would walk back home from school. There is more to how a tree is than just its brown and green colors. Also, the way how each tree extends its branches to the one next to it, and that one to the one next to it, etc. The shape of the trunk, the colors and shape of the leaves.

Heh, I remember making up stories about a country of trees, and I would sit there and point to each tree and create a conversation, and he would listen intently. ( I have a wild imagination) Now he's touring Europe, and he tells me that he does exactly that when he misses home. =)

How I have Se fail moments is beyond me. lol

A great read, K-gal. Before we can observe or understand the significance of anything or anybody else, we have to quit thinking about ourselves. So many are so self-absorbed that something like this is nearly impossible. Isn't that sad? Trees remind me of the passing of time and the unity of experience. On the other hand, they remind me that we are in this instant, right here and now. That seems like a contradiction, but is that really so? Not for me.

Reactions: Gaze
Contradiction

A great read, K-gal. Before we can observe or understand the significance of anything or anybody else, we have to quit thinking about ourselves. So many are so self-absorbed that something like this is nearly impossible. Isn't that sad? Trees remind me of the passing of time and the unity of experience. On the other hand, they remind me that we are in this instant, right here and now. That seems like a contradiction, but is that really so? Not for me.

Yes - it is very sad to me to see so many dismiss out of hand the value of anything living besides themselves.

No - it doesn't seem like a contradiction to me. Trees embody both - the here and now - and because they seem to live such long lives - time. If we look - we can watch them grow.

We are - after all - spirit and form simultaneously.

Thank you for making me smile with this.