The Wixards | INFJ Forum

The Wixards

Satya

C'est la vie
Retired Staff
May 11, 2008
MBTI
INXP
I hear that Dumbledore and Gandalf are likely candidates for the INFJ personality. Why do you suppose that is? Are INFJs easily likened to wizened old wizards?

I thought Gandalf was an INTJ? I never really thought about it much. Maybe not.

I always thought Dumbledore was more of an extrovert...

Dumbly was an ENTP. His youth with Grindlewald is a lot like my current period. Perfectly willing to allow genocide in order to achieve his aims. Later in his life he is Highly creative, treats Harry like a Rook, not intimidated by Voldys INTJ, makes up stupid words and uses them in conversation quite normally.

ENTP.

Gandalf was more than likely an INTJ. Belmakor might have been an INFJ though...

I don't know, Shai. He has a very INTJ feel about him . . . Dumbly, for example, wasn't so keen on being obsessed with himself (no offense!)

Kwistalline said:
I don't know, Shai. He has a very INTJ feel about him . . . Dumbly, for example, wasn't so keen on being obsessed with himself (no offense!)
He was in his late 70's he had matured a whole lot, and developed his functions by then.

This test makes a case that Dumbledore is an INFJ.

http://piratemonkeysinc.com/quiz.php

INFJ.gif

And this blogspot makes interesting cases for all the characters in Harry Potter.

http://bubandpie.blogspot.com/2007/11/m ... harry.html

As far as Gandalf, I can see him as an INTJ or INFP. Someone with Fe would have taken the ring and tried to do good with it despite the dangers.

I read that website, Foolish Idiocy. I disagree with nearly every single thing she said.

ShaiGar said:
Kwistalline said:
He was in his late 70's he had matured a whole lot, and developed his functions by then.

Nah! He showed a lot of dumbly-dorish wisdom even when he was younger (book 7). Too much Ni. J/P functions more questionable, though.