The Tiny Apocolypse. | INFJ Forum

The Tiny Apocolypse.

Chessie

Community Member
Apr 5, 2010
MBTI
INfJ
In 1859 the Sun, Sol, our closest star ejected a coronal mass that caused the Aurora to appear all the way to the equator. It fried telegraphs operated around the world. The EMP was equivalent to a low-atmosphere nuclear detonation.

The same storm today would lead to global food shortages and the deaths of millions in every country on earth. The same storm is possible in 2013 as a series of astronomical phenomena align to create excellent conditions.

We face massive energy shortages as the United States sucks more and more resources to maintain their badly dated infrastructure. The oil spill in the gulf will inevitably lead to mass extinctions in the surrounding islands.

The American economic and political system is rife with unspeakable corruption down to it's very core and was based on a system of pure ideology which will soon die. Violently. Soaked in baby blood.

Police militarization in 'western' countries is at an all time high. More than one hundred paramilitary raids are conducted on house-holds across the U.S. each day.

Our medical industry verges on total collapse. The cost of survival is higher than it's ever been in this country while the return on investments is the lowest it's been since our previous economic failure. Last time, the event was more localized.

The division of wealth between richest and poorest is so great that the rich may as well be another species.

We lead, in most countries, based on systems of heir-archy that have been scientifically proven to threaten the continued existence of any type of government.

There is no such thing as 'means testing' to keep countries from inacting legislation that will damage their development. Legislation is done emotionally.

Japan is facing population decreases that will lead to most of their population being over the age of 65 in just a few short years.

We are not winning the wars we are involved in and soon our population will explode all by geometrically and when it does

How can I be hopeful?

Today I have determined to get some breakfast. I'll drive my semi-functional car home and eat a big bowl of whole wheat puffs. They're low in cholesterol after all and high in fiber.

I'm going to have sex with my boyfriend. Really gentle and wonderful sex. I'll listen for angels. We'll use birth control though so when we both climax, it won't risk adding to the population problem.

Tonight, I'm going to tie a friend of mine to a bed and beat her till she begs. She thankfully has a high pain tolerance but we have a very mutual love and respect. I won't hurt her in any way that won't heal in two days.

It's 2010. Poor George Orwell never thought we'd reach 1985 in time for me to be born.

I am going to call my father at the Zen-do where he meditates most days and plays his guitar others. He's a Zen Monk after all. I'll feel good about it, since despite our distance and how he disapproves of some parts of my lifestyle, I still love my dad.

How many times will we survive the tiny Apocolypse? I want to know. Honestly, someone tell me. I am pleased to be here in this very special moment in time. I feel that I might strike sparks anywhere. There is fear, yes. Nothing beautiful happens without fear.

I am looking forward to the morning.

How will you enjoy your impending Apocalypse?

Last edited:
Future 'tiny apocalypses':

Pandemics: *If the Hendra virus from Australia ever mutuates so that it is spread by water-droplets. *If the flu mutates/recombines. *The emergence of drug-resistant tuburculosis, and other infections.

War: *North Korea. *Iran. *The countries of the former USSR.

Destabilisation: A couple of major natural/financial/political disasters in the U.S. could very easily destabilise the population and major cities could descend into highly destructive riots. *Given their current trajectories, Western societies are not stable and will eventually destabilise into who knows what. One thing is highly probable - the kinds of societies we live in now will most likely not exist by the time most of us on this forum are at retirement age.

Natural: Global warming is a distraction - infrastructure and technology can outpace any climate/hydrographic changes. Regular natural disasters could adversely affect economies. Solar or asteroid effects, although highly unlikely could be highly disasterous.

AND then there's the whole supernatural thing as well.

Last edited:
I'll deal with the tiny apocalypse as I'll deal with any apocalypse. Whiskey no ice and a nice chair to relax in so that I may take in the show, at least for the opening act. I'll do everything within my means to protect my family and friends from the resulting chaos. Order will eventually be reestablished but those of us with a firm grasp of honor and justice will have to stand vigilant to ensure any weaker members of our populace are protected from the petty tyrants.

I believe life would be much better if our country was governed with logic and compassion. I also believe that if a frog had wings it would not bump its ass when it hopped. The similarity between the two is that the likeliness of either occurring is nigh on impossible.

In 1859 the Sun, Sol, our closest star ejected a coronal mass that caused the Aurora to appear all the way to the equator. It fried telegraphs operated around the world. The EMP was equivalent to a low-atmosphere nuclear detonation.

The same storm today would lead to global food shortages and the deaths of millions in every country on earth. The same storm is possible in 2013 as a series of astronomical phenomena align to create excellent conditions.

So I'm wondering if you have any sort of information you can share about this solar storm. I'm curious as to how an electromagnetic pulse of a nuclear detonation would have the ability to wreck havoc all over the world and kill millions in every country on earth.

Also, I'm curious as to what makes this possible CME so catastrophic, and why the year 2013 is so special. CME's happen often at the height of a solar cycle, or a solar maximum, which happens ever 9-15ish years (somewhere in that period) So if we're due for a CME, it actually could happen any second. That's why I'm curious as to what exactly makes this possible upcoming one so special, and what the circumstances surrounding it are.

I just read an article the other day that said scientists were now predicting this solar cycle to be much weaker than originally thought, so we are probably safe for another fifteen years at least =)

Solar emissions are not really anything to get excited about.

Gamma-ray bursts from supernovae - especially from quasars, or pulsars. If the solar system were directly in line with either of the poles of an exploding star we would be hit with a gamma-ray burst so strong that we (and all higher forms of animal and plant life) would be in trouble - well, we would be extinct.