The sovereignty of Good | INFJ Forum

The sovereignty of Good

Lark

Rothchildian Agent
May 9, 2011
MBTI
ENTJ
Enneagram
Ultimately are all questions in the final instance about the struggle between good and evil?

I think you will get more responses if you make your question more specific, or at least add some contextual background information.

I agree with [MENTION=4108]Radiant Shadow[/MENTION] that specifics would help here. My immediate answer would be no. I see good and evil as human constructs that only apply superficially to questions outside of human activity.

That being said, if you meant questions specifically to human activity, I still say no, that isn't what they boil down to, but I would acknowledge that the concepts of good and evil apply more and are usually part of the equation to find the answer to the question.

I'm interested in hearing more of what you mean, though. The concepts and how we grapple with them is fascinating.

I agree with @Radiant Shadow that specifics would help here. My immediate answer would be no. I see good and evil as human constructs that only apply superficially to questions outside of human activity.

That being said, if you meant questions specifically to human activity, I still say no, that isn't what they boil down to, but I would acknowledge that the concepts of good and evil apply more and are usually part of the equation to find the answer to the question.

I'm interested in hearing more of what you mean, though. The concepts and how we grapple with them is fascinating.

I dont think I would have gotten a response like this one if I had framed the OP in the way you and Radiant Shadow mentioned.

If I could give any context it would be to pose the question if all religion and philosophy arose from or was a reflection of the struggle between good and evil, is that the subtext or the foundation, is that the unacknowledged or unconscious underpinning of it all?

I dont think I would have gotten a response like this one if I had framed the OP in the way you and Radiant Shadow mentioned.

If I could give any context it would be to pose the question if all religion and philosophy arose from or was a reflection of the struggle between good and evil, is that the subtext or the foundation, is that the unacknowledged or unconscious underpinning of it all?

Ok, that helps. So it's not all questions, just the philosophical ones (and ignoring that theocratic questions and philosophic ones are often quite different). In order for this to be true, humans would need to be limited, ultimately, by this dichotomy, because questions outside of human concern I still do not believe have much to do with the G vs E thing. A star burning out is neither good nor evil. An electron jumping to a higher quantum state is neither good nor evil.

I don't really think people are really naturally restricted that way, or else we would be unable to really have a discussion like this. However, I do think culture and language can impose and artificial limit, and has done so through our history and still does today.

I think, what you're really asking is whether the G vs E structure is somehow endemic to our existence. Like, without it we would not be us. Is that it? Of course it's hard to say since we're in existence right now, so to contemplate nonexistence is very tricky. I guess all I can say at the moment is, "I hope not".