The point of life | INFJ Forum

The point of life

Kmal

Jan 21, 2010
MBTI
INFJ
Enneagram
9w8 sx/sp
The point of life is to make it as [subjectively] good as possible.

Agree/disagree? Thoughts?

Personally, I feel the point of life is to make it as good as possible, and to become one with the universe. Maybe more, I dont know everything.

Good for who (or what)?

First we must understand intrinsically what "good" means.

The point of life is death, and everything before it. The relevance does not matter, there is no relevance. Once you are dead, your point has been served.

The point of life is death, and everything before it. The relevance does not matter, there is no relevance. Once you are dead, your point has been served.

But your point can live on and inspire other people.

What if mortals are not capable of comprehending true meaning? Perhaps the very concept is out of our grasp.

But that doesn't mean it's significant or insignificant. I mean... that would be ironic, right? To signify significance to the very notion of significance.

I feel it's to make life "better" for others.

Also, I find objectivity imperative for a "good' life.

I agree that it depends on what your definition of "good" is.

I feel it's to make life "better" for others.

This.

Also, you live to die etc.. No point.

But if you must have one for our meaningless existences within the universe, I'd say it's to lift others up. More individually, to find happiness in one's self.

Enjoy it while you can.

So human to want to assign a point to something — whether it be a vagary or whim, or life itself.

The answer — if we must have one — is that the point really is a point upon which a perspective rests, and so becomes — pivotal.

But when being is just being, and there is no doing, and indeed, no this or that at all, non-dual, the singularity of the uni-verse — is

Such a aperspectival, transpersonal consciousness has no awareness of self or other, aside from illusory form as part of the game of the world.

Without those “things,” indeed, thing-ness itself ceases to be (perceived) and so there is the void — no-thing-ness.

In that state, there is no subject, no object, no context, and so no meaning.

Without those “things,” there is no point.

There is no-thing.

or...

is — the paradoxical timeless eternal moment of the now.

I am a fool to use words to try and describe that experience, as it misses, erm — the point. :wink:

Namaste,
Ian

Reactions: Oranguh
I think by using the term "subjectively" it frees the op from having to define good.

Lots of ways of putting words to this...all of them somewhat limiting.

Here a stab: the meaning of life/existence might be the ability/freedom to experience life from the Source of all life and to share/bring this same life with/to others.

Of course, to do this one must move from a disjointed sense of self to a connected sense of self, and due to our conditioning this itself can be quite a journey.

I think by using the term "subjectively" it frees the op from having to define good.
of course. even the outside "objective" reality is processed through your nervous system--

what is objective? people must learn to define their own beliefs; not rely on others to define their view of good.

in my experience, making your life good helps others feel good. no one likes hanging around a pity party-- when you feel good, you can help others feel good.

Good for who (or what)?

First we must understand intrinsically what "good" means.
subjective. see above

Enjoy the experiences offered, even if they are troublesome they are important, so one may learn and grow; achieve peace (if not happiness) in order to help others, as others here have said. "Success" is relative, like failure.

Or something to that effect.

Yes, but ultimately none of it matters because life and the universe are not infinite.

Here here.

This useless and constant search for meaning in such an ephemeral and faint world is nonsensical.

This useless and constant search for meaning in such an ephemeral and faint world is nonsensical.
ha

[MENTION=3538]Arsal[/MENTION] as soon as you think of your mind as mind, and the mind which contemplates the mind as mind, and the mind which contemplates the mind contemplating the mind as mind, you are on your way to infinity.

To eat chocolate chip cookies on top of a 10000ft tower, and then get struck by lightning at 2:30 in the morning while singing the Macarena.

That, my friends, is the friggin point to life.

Reactions: grt$5vb
The point, if there is one, is to find one.

Reactions: Arsal