The older I get, the less I need friends | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

The older I get, the less I need friends

Yes. Because as we all know, there is obviously one type of healthy INFJ and every one of them has similar experiences. :unamused:
That's the point, isn't it? If you want to engage with a generalising personality system, you're just going to have to accept in good faith the generalisations that are made. To say that a deliberately nomothetic system is not idiographic enough is a rather trivial observation, and one which in your case rather helpfully functions to mask denial.

The point is, do you think you are a 'healthy' INFJ in the aspects that are being discussed? That is, in terms of interpersonal relationship. Your OP specifically asks if your experience is an INFJ trait or whether you're just an 'oddball'. To me, as I've made clear, your OP came across as very antisocial and revealing of much deeper personal wounds which I think you ought to address with courage rather than dismissing with sarcasm.

Umm there is no typical infj. Everyone has vastly different experiences in life. Why categorize anything really? If you do not discover who you are then your only what you have become. With age comes change and the ability for reflection. Honest reflection will give honest reactions. One should not worry about what others think. It's just talk. You ultimately decide everything you do so kill the voices in your mind and listen to who you are without them.

I find that the older I get (I am now 36), the more time I enjoy spending with myself and the less I trust people's motives. Although I have several friends and hang out with them from time to time, I feel like they either become envious eventually or there is just not much to talk about with them apart from small talk. I suppose it doesn't help that I have chosen not to have children and to focus on my career and intellectual ambitions while many of my friends have started families and work full-time in jobs that they don't particularly love.
The only person I enjoy having around most of the time is my significant other, who is also into more or less the same things I am into (he is an INFP).
Do you think this is an INFJ trait or am I an oddball? I mean, have you become more or less social as you have grown into a mature adult?

Artemisia, you sound very depressed. What you are describing is not indicative of a mentally healthy place. Please consider getting some help.

I think you are far more unhappy than you allow yourself to believe.

I'm in my early 20s and I feel the opposite, I need more friends, maybe like two. Maybe that will change as the years go by.

I say this because I'd have more places to go. Things have been pretty boring lately. I've been at home exercising, studying, and applying for jobs. It feels like I've been waiting on the world to change. Now that winter has seemed to pass, I can get out and do more things.

A lot is poised to change in the next few months. I'll have my graduate school acceptance letter and I will also be working a decent job. There's some movies I'd like to see as well.

The trouble is, few people are around.

You will not bothered by copious amounts of messages?

I don't think so! You're usually quite to the point and thus easy to read. But I'd let you know anyway, don't worry ;)

Also, I'm hoping to visit @neko in the next couple months, so maybe that could be an opportunity to meet up irl at some point or other.

I don't think so! You're usually quite to the point and thus easy to read. But I'd let you know anyway, don't worry ;)

Also, I'm hoping to visit @neko in the next couple months, so maybe that could be an opportunity to meet up irl at some point or other.
If we meet, you and I will be eating meat and drinking booze.

Believe me, I'm thinking. I just need o finish this mission...
It sounds as if you're playing a Rockstar game.

1200px-RAGE_Technology_Group_Logo.svg.png