The Nuances Between INFP and INFJ | Page 5 | INFJ Forum

The Nuances Between INFP and INFJ

Umm, INFPs are, like, more chiseled Feelers and INFJs are, like, umm...scientists that focus on people. Like warmer INTJs. Yeah. I bet that helps.

I think about how Shakespeare was an alleged INFP, and how connected he was to human nature, a sort of personalized bond that evinces itself in his plays. INFJs are a bit more outside the bubble of human affairs, I think. Like outsiders looking in. They're detached rather than attached. Feeling is outsourced and Auxiliary.

Dumbledore's a pretty good INFJ.

Last edited:
Reactions: barbad0s
INFJs are, like, umm...scientists that focus on people. Like warmer INTJs. Yeah. I bet that helps.

I pasted this to a friend who is an ENFP who has an INTJ son and an INFP son. The "warmer INTJ" thing seemed to resonate for her with how she saw me. Personally, the "scientist that focuses on people" thing is something I've tried to communicate before. This is very concise. Awesome.

Reactions: subwayrider
I pasted this to a friend who is an ENFP who has an INTJ son and an INFP son. The "warmer INTJ" thing seemed to resonate for her with how she saw me. Personally, the "scientist that focuses on people" thing is something I've tried to communicate before. This is very concise. Awesome.

Thanks.

Precisely because of the scientist thing, they'll be pretty good at communicating ideas clearly and concisely. But I think the INTJs still trump them most of the time. :p

I wrote a bitchload, forgot I wrote it, and then clicked refresh to check for new posts. GAH.

Like, I once thought I was INFP, but that was due to many people saying I was heavy Fi. Frankly though, XXXJ and XXXP are pretty much the easiest ones to figure out. Perhaps for INFJs it may be a tad more difficult. My ENFP sister told me a story of her driving down the road in the rain, she said

"I was driving in my car, the phone rang but I didn't care, I had to focus on what was going on in my life. I looked up into the road, and I was thrown into a barrage of deja vus, everything I saw reminded me of this thing I've known before, I've been down this road, not this road, but in all of what everything is, this is a road I've been down, and I know I will go down much more. I felt like all these Deja Vus came together to show where I was in my entire life, and how this little road signified all of that humanity can be, I just zoomed and the big picture came clear to me, and now I knew what I wanted to do. So I put my foot to the floor of the car, and a cop pulled me over. Fucking cops."

If I am correct, that shows Fi/Ne/Si. Not sure if any of that is Te, maybe the cops part is Te, but I think we all dislike rules a little bit. (If you're an F dom/aux). She is a definite ENFP, and I've always modeled all my actions off of her. I just admire ENFPs way more than INFPs. INFPs bug me, no offence to any out there. While ENFPs... Yum. Well, they cry a lot. But so do F doms... :m150::m040::m183:

Also though, I've had similar experiences to my sister, except my is Se, not Si. I see all these things around me, and yea. Don't wanna go into that.

Is there really much difference between ENFPs and INFPs..? I have an ENFP sister and apart from the fact she is a little more outgoing we are basically the same person.

Anyway no offence but INFJs annoy me. Their inferior Se can sometimes come out as a snobbishness to anyone not following trends and an obsession with wanting people to admire them and think they are pretty. When it is unhealthy they can come across as shallow imo

Umm, INFPs are, like, more chiseled Feelers and INFJs are, like, umm...scientists that focus on people. Like warmer INTJs. Yeah. I bet that helps.

I think about how Shakespeare was an alleged INFP, and how connected he was to human nature, a sort of personalized bond that evinces itself in his plays. INFJs are a bit more outside the bubble of human affairs, I think. Like outsiders looking in. They're detached rather than attached. Feeling is outsourced and Auxiliary.

Dumbledore's a pretty good INFJ.

That's so true and a nice way of putting it! Yeah I think INFPs are usually way smarter than people think.

From an INFJ perspective: What's so bad about being an INFP?

I once read this, I think on INTPc. Although it's not a nuance, apparently the difference between INFP, INFJ, INTJ and INTP is as follows:

1. INFP: soft outside, soft inside
2. INFJ: hard outside, soft inside
3. INTP: soft outside, hard inside
4. INTJ: hard outside, hard inside

Lol. I had my friend take the test to see what her mbti is. She's complicated but still i love her (that's maybe because of my Fxx). Upon meeting her i thought she was all sweet and thoughtful very much like INFJ, but overtime, i felt like all her "empathic and nurturing" attitude wasn't sincere. Apparently she's INTP. And she lashed out on me saying mbti is full of crap and bullshit etc etc. I have read everything about INTP just so i know why she got mad.. It was a complete description of her.

Anyway, i still think that environment, upbringing, and culture plays a bug role with one's personality.

I totally agree too! That's what i told my INTJ bf. We are the same but i'm warmer. He's the cold one. AHAHAHA

I'm always so fascinated by the way INFPs are described, especially by non-XNFPs such as Js who feel they have everyone figured out, because it's so simplistic. Similar to the Fe vs. Fi thread where some are describing Fis as sweet but oversensitive. I mean, really. Instead of telling types who they are, why not actually ask them how they feel? Or maybe we love embracing the stereotypes, because then we don't actually need to question if they are true.

Last edited: