The metamorphosis of life. | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

The metamorphosis of life.

Well, regardless, I’m going to try and strike a truce.
There is too much animosity already…I’m not going to actively participate in it anymore.
Anyhow, yes, we do think very differently…I mean, you are an INTJ while I am an INFJ, so the way we think, perceive, and react is going to be wildly different in most cases.
Yes, many of my decisions are based on emotional factors, but that doesn’t mean that I don’t weigh all the options and sides of the story.
I know an INTJ IRL whom I have regular conversations with, and we actually had a debate about the thinking styles of the INTJ and INFJ.
He supposed that I made decisions that were incorrect more often because they had a basis that took more feeling into account.
I supposed that he sometimes made the wrong decisions because the heart was not given enough weight.
It’s just how we think.
You don’t have to talk to me EH if you think I am so ignorant…I know I’m not ignorant, I know what I’ve done and what I haven’t done with my life and what is in my heart and mind…I don’t need to prove that to anyone.
All each of us can do is to just try and be true to our core self.
TTYL

I dont think you are ignorant as a whole. Clearly you cant be. However from my perspective you are ignorant in some matters. Particularly as it comes to how and why things happen as they do in this country as whole. AND I believe its highly likely thats deliberate on your part whether you know it or not.
Unfortunately I have a high analytical brain that likes to figure out why things are. That includes people. I have been told its a failing to not be able to realize that sometimes people are just people and cant be figured out. So maybe in the end its all my fault for not being able to accept that.
I have a good many highly intelligent friends of whom we do not see the world the same way. I consider them to be knowingly ignorant in some matters as well. So...not that you should care what I think in the first place but if for some reason you think I think you to be ignorant as a whole...well thats simply not the case.

I dont think you are ignorant as a whole. Clearly you cant be. However from my perspective you are ignorant in some matters. Particularly as it comes to how and why things happen as they do in this country as whole. AND I believe its highly likely thats deliberate on your part whether you know it or not.
Unfortunately I have a high analytical brain that likes to figure out why things are. That includes people. I have been told its a failing to not be able to realize that sometimes people are just people and cant be figured out. So maybe in the end its all my fault for not being able to accept that.
I have a good many highly intelligent friends of whom we do not see the world the same way. I consider them to be knowingly ignorant in some matters as well. So...not that you should care what I think in the first place but if for some reason you think I think you to be ignorant as a whole...well thats simply not the case.

That was a thoughtful response, thank you EH.
I like to figure people out too…and even though I emote all over the place I can have a highly analytical mind as well…I mean, to do my former job(s) you have to be able to think in a very logical manner and leave your emotions at the door.
So part of the misconceptions I think there may be is because you see the one side that is very politically-minded and wears his heart on his sleeve (much to my own detriment sometimes), but you don’t see the everything in-between.
And I will admit we have jumped to conclusions about each other that were probably jaded by God knows what was going on that day or in our lives.
Anyhow…I think it’s good that you try to figure people out…there are too many people who just don’t give a rat’s ass if someone is Stephen Hawking or are about as deep as a paper plate. I have always valued a principled person to someone who lackadaisically goes through their everyday lives as if they are Zombies, I have always given you kudos for that EH.
Although, those Zombies sure do look happy sometimes don’t they? Assholes.
Cheers man.

Last edited:
Frolicking with uncertainty pushes one to grasp the concepts of absolute or maybe interpret things as they are. But boundaries are espoused to the existence of thought surface what lies beyond may. For one can never think without a brain, more so explicate the magnificence that cages him in his skull.

i´m not sure death is the end of consciousness. i´ve had some experiences that are hard to talk about because very personal. i would look at if consciousness is only contained in a body or mind.

The question about the purpose of death is a fascinating one. One possibility is of course that there is no design behind death, and that indeed it “could have been otherwise” – except that, so far as our own world is concerned anyway, it was not. It isn’t logically aberrant to imagine possible worlds in which beings live eternally, and that finitude is only a feature of the actual (our) world. So maybe what’s interesting about death in our world is precisely this: that it gives us an experience of our finitude.

To some existentialists, the experience of finitude that the awareness of death offers us is key to human freedom. It is very much tied with consciousness: we are conscious not of death itself (since the event of death negates consciousness) but of the fact that it will ‘close’ our life, and in a sense this gives us access to a special kind of temporality. Actions become endowed with extra meaning because we won’t be here forever; as a result, we develop a sense of responsibility towards what we can do in the present. In a certain sense life becomes a kind of task, a duty; we are responsible for it, we “must care” about it.

Maybe, if our existence was infinite, we would not concern ourselves with meaning and morality as much. We would be able to make the rational judgments that form the basis of moral choices, but might not feel the impulse to act upon them because infinity would blur the urgency of action. So according to that line of thought, awareness of finitude as consciousness of death gives us a sense of what we have to do in the here and now, and allows us to exercise genuine freedom in not only making sound judgments but also acting upon them while we can, because that "while we can" will have an end.

heidegger.png

darkKnightKierkegaard1.jpg

darkKnightKierkegaard2.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Wyote
This thread has been designed and created to discuss life and death. Primarily the beginning and the apparent change to a different state.
If all life was created as an intent it could have been created in many different ways. Born from a creator there would have been no reason to have it cancel at some point. Life could exist for all time if made by something that has power over all things. So then, if true, what then is the purpose of death. The seeming end to life and consciousness? What things may be taught or learned having been born to die?

Life is always recycling itself. Death is a transition. I don't think there can be any evolution without death. I'm not sure why there has to be a "purpose" for death, as if it's a permanent state. Our entire life is death - each cell is created and dies and we're in a perpetual state of transformation from the second we're conceived until we completely decay and return to the Earth. It's a continuous cycle but I think human beings get a little bent out of shape about dying. I think we're attached to living and having permanence somehow, but permanence is boring.

Reactions: Wyote