The metamorphosis of life. | INFJ Forum

The metamorphosis of life.

Eventhorizon

Permanently relocated
Banned
May 19, 2013
MBTI
INTJ
This thread has been designed and created to discuss life and death. Primarily the beginning and the apparent change to a different state.
If all life was created as an intent it could have been created in many different ways. Born from a creator there would have been no reason to have it cancel at some point. Life could exist for all time if made by something that has power over all things. So then, if true, what then is the purpose of death. The seeming end to life and consciousness? What things may be taught or learned having been born to die?

Reactions: Asa and hush
images (1).jpg

[video=youtube;ozTTkog6kyg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ozTTkog6kyg[/video]

[video=youtube;giZN0ZuDERY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=giZN0ZuDERY[/video]

We all have that in common. I remember a couple of years ago, i was obsesed with death, and what may happen after that, if anything happened anyway. This came along with the death of someone really close to me, weird experiences with hallucinogenics, and me quitting college.
I had panic attacks sometimes when thinking about it, which led me eventually to think that i was going to die as a i was traveling alone through my country (which i frequently do, anyway). Guess i could go on and on about this, but resuming, my thoughts about death by the end grew on me to make me see more than i was already seeing at the moment, like how life glows when confronted to such a dreadful fact. I talked with a friend about this, and how i started to see more "life" after i saw that "void", i was getting a better picture, i believe... Idk how to explain it concisely, something clicked, suddenly i wasn't affraid of death. Externally it didn't change much, but internally it felt like a rite of passage. I'm not saying it's universal for everyone out there to feel this way. But death made sense to me at a certain point, and i made peace with that harsh truth somehow.

Last edited:
Any ideas of what life is?

I know you don’t really like me EH but this is the great question of life isn’t it?
I have seen a great number of people die…witnessed death many times, witnessed people brought back from being clinically dead.
Seen lots of people who would probably be better off dead.
I mean, we could get into what people who have died claim to have seen, and the messages they brought back…but that’s a whole other subject.
If we look at ourselves from the perspective that we are just a natural progression of the universe…that life erupts in the right conditions, then that life evolves or mutates, and if the conditions are correct we have consciousness that can be self-reflective.
One time my Rottweiler sat in front of the hallway mirror and just started at himself (I wish I could have read his mind), but we as humans have gone past such passing moments of self-realization. We have asked ourselves the “hard problem” of consciousness - namely, where does it come from?
If our minds produce what we call consciousness and there is no sort of soul or spirit then our minds are certainly amazing biologic computers (even with many quantum aspects to it’s function), and for me personally I try to focus on those people that I love, the things that I love to do and see, the things I wish to learn, and then we should try to impart that wisdom you may have found to the next generation so that maybe we can turn the human race from a cancer on the Earth into something more Utopian.
Knowledge, I guess is what I feel…to learn as much as I can…to teach my Son to be a good and kind, giving human.
To be a good companion, friend, lover to @Sensiko and help make her life as uncomplicated as possible.
To be there for my family who love me unconditionally…so for me - life is about love and knowledge.

Last edited:
I know you don’t really like me EH but this is the great question of life isn’t it?
I have seen a great number of people die…witnessed death many times, witnessed people brought back from being clinically dead.
Seen lots of people who would probably be better off dead.
I mean, we could get into what people who have died claim to have seen, and the messages they brought back…but that’s a whole other subject.
If we look at ourselves from the perspective that we are just a natural progression of the universe…that life erupts in the right conditions, then that life evolves or mutates, and if the conditions are correct we have consciousness that can be self-reflective.
One time my Rottweiler sat in front of the hallway mirror and just started at himself (I wish I could have read his mind), but we as humans have gone past such passing moments of self-realization. We have asked ourselves the “hard problem” of consciousness - namely, where does it come from?
If our minds produce what we call consciousness and there is no sort of soul or spirit then our minds are certainly amazing biologic computers (even with many quantum aspects to it’s function), and for me personally I try to focus on those people that I love, the things that I love to do and see, the things I wish to learn, and then we should try to impart that wisdom you may have found to the next generation so that maybe we can turn the human race from a cancer on the Earth into something more Utopian.
Knowledge, I guess is what I feel…to learn as much as I can…to teach my Son to be a good and kind, giving human.
To be a good companion, friend, lover to @Sensiko and help make her life as uncomplicated as possible.
To be there for my family who love me unconditionally…so for me - life is about love and knowledge.

Incorrect. I dont like your adherence to viewing society as being one way for no apparent reason. I do not like what I consider to be an overly simplistic and incorrect view of the world on your part. However I do not dislike you.

Your search for better ways of doing things is something the world needs. Just dont stop asking questions about anything.

Reactions: hush
[MENTION=10759]BrokenDaniel[/MENTION] for myself it is no longer about the fear of death. I have come to terms with that aspect in quite a profound way. However I am still here and as I look around I see society has been built with time as a currency. 30 year mortgages, health care.... everyone trying to eek out as much time as possible. For myself I saw a very different life. I saw the life everyone works towards. Job, family, mortgage and finally death in a hospital room. But something is different with me. I still want a family but I want one built on love and not fear of time running out as I believe many do. Its a great concept except time really is running out. I question thatbif I had not been more concerned with it as most people appear to be if my life would not in fact have turned out differently.
I want to believe there is more to this life than just this life. And so I am asking for other people's personal perception of what they think life is.

[MENTION=8603]Eventhorizon[/MENTION] I think the quest for meaning is optional. Also it's fairly arbitrary, there are no rules to that as far as i'm concerned. I try to take things as they are, i'm patient enough to let life happen while rolling with it, and i don't speculate much about it at this point. I'm probably much younger than you, so maybe experience is on your side on this one to backup your beliefs and prove me that we're maybe just at a different wavelenght. Life is bigger than me, that's the only thing i know for sure by experience. For better and worse.
Also i don't want to sound like a hipster motivational poster...

Incorrect. I dont like your adherence to viewing society as being one way for no apparent reason. I do not like what I consider to be an overly simplistic and incorrect view of the world on your part. However I do not dislike you.

Your search for better ways of doing things is something the world needs. Just dont stop asking questions about anything.

EH, I like our country.
I want to clear a few things up though.
I mean, I served in the United States Coast Guard in Cape May, NJ…I am not anti-gun, I am not for a free-for-all regarding immigrants.
My sole purpose that has directed my life has been my ability to help people, to me, there is no greater satisfaction, it has not always been financially super, but money really is the last thing that is on my list of worries, even when I’m broke.
I do think that our government has some very serious problems, both in Congress, the POTUS and the SCOTUS.
I don’t think we should play world police anymore, it’s a drain on our resources and the benefits we once received seem to have reverse charges now.
There are things you and I agree on EH…I know, because we have talked of and on over the years.
I don’t get what your statement means though -
I dont like your adherence to viewing society as being one way for no apparent reason.

Do you think that I’m just parroting everything I hear from the liberal left? I’m asking you to give me more credit than that…just because we disagree on certain politics doesn’t mean that I don’t do my research and read my history…we just have very different ways of going about what I think the ultimate goal of both of us are - bettering society and the world…trying to make Utopia possible.
My views on the world are anything but simplistic…some of the ideas are simplistic, but that doesn’t make them incorrect or something to strive for.
Both of us are a bit cynical about if that is even possible, or even if the human race deserves to continue on.
I’m sorry if I rub you the wrong way sometimes, sometimes you do the same to me…sorry for personal jabs…that’s my apology.
This world is already full of too much animosity and hatred and contempt for one another.
You don’t have to call a truce with me EH, but I’ll call one anyhow.

[h=1]Ecclesiastes 3King James Version (KJV)[/h]3 To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:
2 A time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted;
3 A time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up;
4 A time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance;
5 A time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together; a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing;
6 A time to get, and a time to lose; a time to keep, and a time to cast away;
7 A time to rend, and a time to sew; a time to keep silence, and a time to speak;
8 A time to love, and a time to hate; a time of war, and a time of peace.
9 What profit hath he that worketh in that wherein he laboureth?
10 I have seen the travail, which God hath given to the sons of men to be exercised in it.
11 He hath made every thing beautiful in his time: also he hath set the world in their heart, so that no man can find out the work that God maketh from the beginning to the end.
12 I know that there is no good in them, but for a man to rejoice, and to do good in his life.
13 And also that every man should eat and drink, and enjoy the good of all his labour, it is the gift of God.
14 I know that, whatsoever God doeth, it shall be for ever: nothing can be put to it, nor any thing taken from it: and God doeth it, that men should fear before him.
15 That which hath been is now; and that which is to be hath already been; and God requireth that which is past.
16 And moreover I saw under the sun the place of judgment, that wickedness was there; and the place of righteousness, that iniquity was there.
17 I said in mine heart, God shall judge the righteous and the wicked: for there is a time there for every purpose and for every work.
18 I said in mine heart concerning the estate of the sons of men, that God might manifest them, and that they might see that they themselves are beasts.
19 For that which befalleth the sons of men befalleth beasts; even one thing befalleth them: as the one dieth, so dieth the other; yea, they have all one breath; so that a man hath no preeminence above a beast: for all is vanity.

New Testament

John 11:25 - Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:

John 5:24 - Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.

Luke 23:43 - And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, To day shalt thou be with me in paradise.

John 3:16 - For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Matthew 10:28 - And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

1 Corinthians 15:51-57 - Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed, (Read More...)

John 16:22 - And ye now therefore have sorrow: but I will see you again, and your heart shall rejoice, and your joy no man taketh from you.

Philippians 3:20-21 - For our conversation is in heaven; from whence also we look for the Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ: (Read More...)

1 Thessalonians 4:13-18 - But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep, that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope. (Read More...)

Hebrews 9:27 - And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:

Romans 6:23 - For the wages of sin [is] death; but the gift of God [is] eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

2 Corinthians 5:8 - We are confident, [I say], and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord.

John 14:6 - Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

Proverbs 12:28 - In the way of righteousness [is] life; and [in] the pathway [thereof there is] no death.

Romans 10:9-13 - That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. (Read More...)

Acts 24:15 - And have hope toward God, which they themselves also allow, that there shall be a resurrection of the dead, both of the just and unjust.

Revelation 20:1-15 - And I saw an angel come down from heaven, having the key of the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand. (Read More...)

John 5:28-29 - Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice, (Read More...)

John 14:1-31 - Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me. (Read More...)

20 All go unto one place; all are of the dust, and all turn to dust again.
21 Who knoweth the spirit of man that goeth upward, and the spirit of the beast that goeth downward to the earth?
22 Wherefore I perceive that there is nothing better, than that a man should rejoice in his own works; for that is his portion: for who shall bring him to see what shall be after him?

[MENTION=680]just me[/MENTION] I would like to know your thoughts. Not someone else's.

[MENTION=5045]Skarekrow[/MENTION] the truce thing isnt going to work. I will at some point say something you dont agree with and youll undoubtedly feel the need to comment on it. At that point I will feel the need to tell you why you are wrong and... well whatever truce you are talking about will be broken. You shoild notice I think that I have stopped commenting on yours unless its in relation to mine. Also the simple fact is I just dont care that much about your disagreements with what I say. I try to tell you how you are wrong about your assessment of me but you have a different agenda. If your arguments were rational and logical I might but I do find it difficult to give thoughts and ideas born of an emotional way of looking at the world as much consideration. This isnt just you, its everyone who does this.

Ill try to be specific about the comment you say has confused you later. Typing on this phone sucks. I already have though. Tbe whole reason the world cant work the way you think it should is human nature. Human nature will not change but I dont blame humans for that. Its been built into us. I just dont feel like being dragged down with the majority. If the majority wants to sink or is too stupid to figure out how not to, its not my problem. Anyway, Ill get the computer hooked up later to go into more detail.

[MENTION=8603]Eventhorizon[/MENTION] I think the quest for meaning is optional. Also it's fairly arbitrary, there are no rules to that as far as i'm concerned. I try to take things as they are, i'm patient enough to let life happen while rolling with it, and i don't speculate much about it at this point. I'm probably much younger than you, so maybe experience is on your side on this one to backup your beliefs and prove me that we're maybe just at a different wavelenght. Life is bigger than me, that's the only thing i know for sure by experience. For better and worse.
Also i don't want to sound like a hipster motivational poster...

Im not really asking about meaning. I am asking what you think life most likely is.

Accident, intended enevitable. ...

@just me I would like to know your thoughts. Not someone else's.

If you knew me, you would know I think like this. Kind of difficult, if not impossible, to add to or take away from those words. If those words offend you, then I offend you.

If you knew me, you would know I think like this. Kind of difficult, if not impossible, to add to or take away from those words. If those words offend you, then I offend you.

I see. I am not offended but find this information to be irrelevant to the question. If it serves a purpose to you to continue to post similar information than please continue. I hope you find some answers if thats what you seek.

@Skarekrow the truce thing isnt going to work. I will at some point say something you dont agree with and youll undoubtedly feel the need to comment on it. At that point I will feel the need to tell you why you are wrong and... well whatever truce you are talking about will be broken. You shoild notice I think that I have stopped commenting on yours unless its in relation to mine. Also the simple fact is I just dont care that much about your disagreements with what I say. I try to tell you how you are wrong about your assessment of me but you have a different agenda. If your arguments were rational and logical I might but I do find it difficult to give thoughts and ideas born of an emotional way of looking at the world as much consideration. This isnt just you, its everyone who does this.

Ill try to be specific about the comment you say has confused you later. Typing on this phone sucks. I already have though. Tbe whole reason the world cant work the way you think it should is human nature. Human nature will not change but I dont blame humans for that. Its been built into us. I just dont feel like being dragged down with the majority. If the majority wants to sink or is too stupid to figure out how not to, its not my problem. Anyway, Ill get the computer hooked up later to go into more detail.

Well, regardless, I’m going to try and strike a truce.
There is too much animosity already…I’m not going to actively participate in it anymore.
Anyhow, yes, we do think very differently…I mean, you are an INTJ while I am an INFJ, so the way we think, perceive, and react is going to be wildly different in most cases.
Yes, many of my decisions are based on emotional factors, but that doesn’t mean that I don’t weigh all the options and sides of the story.
I know an INTJ IRL whom I have regular conversations with, and we actually had a debate about the thinking styles of the INTJ and INFJ.
He supposed that I made decisions that were incorrect more often because they had a basis that took more feeling into account.
I supposed that he sometimes made the wrong decisions because the heart was not given enough weight.
It’s just how we think.
You don’t have to talk to me EH if you think I am so ignorant…I know I’m not ignorant, I know what I’ve done and what I haven’t done with my life and what is in my heart and mind…I don’t need to prove that to anyone.
All each of us can do is to just try and be true to our core self.
TTYL

Last edited:
Im not really asking about meaning. I am asking what you think life most likely is.

Accident, intended enevitable. ...

I directly answered that question in my previous post.

I have learned that life does not always give us the answers we are looking to find, and we should not feel uneasy if the answers in life ask of us more than we are willing to do. For whatever purpose there is for us to question something, we may not wish to cut the ties that bind us to others that might enable us closure. Sometimes we do not wish to inevitably hurt someone should we follow our path. We learn we must make concessions with certain realities we encounter, which enable us to be at peace with others that usually would never understand or consider.

If we encounter what might be best for us, we must ask what would be best for others before we decide to let go and follow or to stay and dwell on what might have been. Some people might only do what is best for themselves, and thinking about how it will affect others might never cross their minds.

I see, and I know what I see, but acknowledge what might be best for myself might not be best for other parties involved. I ponder if this decision may be a form of self-sacrifice, but I know I must live by the threads that are interwoven to make me who I am. I could be easily influenced by someone I feel I like in a positive manner, but it is because I make myself open to said person or persons. I may be protecting something that is not as important as what I want to experience, but relish in a most subserviant way my own is not as important as others'.

Last edited: