The Lack of Affordable Healthcare in the US | Page 8 | INFJ Forum

The Lack of Affordable Healthcare in the US

Just a few very informative explanations.

29598277_962187050613652_3634959976993207310_n.jpg

Married Couple Forced To Live Apart In Order To Survive

This is incredibly sad...and incredibly wrong on so many levels.
How can any political party purposefully do this to folks?
Disgusting and inhuman.

Here is the absurdity of our health care system: because Tennessee did not expand Medicaid, this married couple were forced to separate in order to keep life-saving health benefits.
This should not happen in the United States of America.

Health care should be a right to everyone.
We must pass Medicare for all.

If you want to buy private insurance as a rider after that and still feel a need - then go for it.
But the rest of us NEED actual affordable healthcare!

Must be nice for our “representatives” who make or repeal such laws - they all have free for life gold-star healthcare paid for by the taxpayers they are trying to steal benefits from or outright deny.

Access to healthcare isn’t access if it’s unaffordable - it’s the same as none at all.

May you all rot in Hell for the hurt and pain you have unnecessarily caused people all in the name of GREED.

:rage:

"You do what you can to survive." Linda and Larry Drain got married in 1981,
but when Linda's eligibility under Medicaid was threatened, they were forced to either separate or lose her benefits.
Now they live 40 minutes away from each other in low-income housing.

Last edited:
Please take the time to read and/or possibly donate/sign up yourself!

RIP Medical Debt

How it Works

RIP Medical Debt was founded with the mission of seeking out, buying, and forgiving unpaid and unpayable personal medical debt.

RIP Medical Debt works to abolish medical debt. For Good.

How is this possible?

money-jar.jpg

Outstanding medical debt often is bundled into portfolios for sale on the secondary debt market (similar to mortgages). Using sophisticated data analytics, RIP can search medical debt portfolios to pinpoint those bundles most in need of relief. We then negotiate to purchase that debt at significantly reduced rates- pennies on the dollar (average ratio is 1:100). Such reduced rates typically are available only to large organizations in the debt buying industry.

Once medical debt is purchased, RIP then forgives the debt and informs those helped that they are forever free from that particular debt and its blemish on their credit report.

We regret that RIP cannot forgive medical debt for specific individuals… at this time. We’re evolving. In case we ever can, you can register for personal medical debt forgiveness on our get help page.

RIP is working to forgive $1 billion in medical debt for Americans!
Fast Facts about RIP
  • RIP has abolished $120 million in medical debt for about 60,000 Americans.
  • RIP is a 501(c)(3) charity that locates, buys and forgives medical debt in the USA.
  • RIP abolishes medical debt for the general public, veterans and local communities.
  • RIP donations produce “a lot of bang for the buck,” so $100 can forgive $1,000 in debt.
  • RIP uses more than 90 percent of all donated funds for directly abolishing medical debt.
  • RIP buys older “portfolios” of unpaid and unpayable medical debt for pennies on the dollar from health care providers and the secondary debt market. (Portfolios contain thousands of bundled medical billing accounts.)
  • RIP is not yet able to handpick and forgive personal medical debt for single individuals. We’re working on it.
  • RIP offers a Debt Forgiveness Registry for the day when we finally can help individuals.
  • RIP supports campaigns to abolish medical debt for local communities. Contact us.
RIP cannot forgive medical debt for ANY individuals by request — not yet!
Debt Forgiveness is TOTALLY RANDOM!
At present, RIP can only purchase thousands of accounts at once in bundled portfolios of unpaid and unpayable medical bills.

To get help someday, join the Debt Forgiveness Registry for that future day when RIP can help individuals. Please accept that we cannot help any individual yet, no matter how worthy. No use asking. We simply can’t do it, sorry.

32645962_803117356545499_8917511206500040704_n.jpg

Reactions: sprinkles and Wyote
I have had loved ones who have died because of this, and the topic is extremely painful to me. It boils down to "this life was saved, because this person had enough money to save it, and this life was lost, because they didn't."

And how the hell, do we place more value on a life, because that individual had more money? That's where we are, as a country. America is great, isn't it?? And yet... Too many deaths. So much money, with so many inexcusable losses.

Reactions: Wyote and Skarekrow
I have had loved ones who have died because of this, and the topic is extremely painful to me. It boils down to "this life was saved, because this person had enough money to save it, and this life was lost, because they didn't."

And how the hell, do we place more value on a life, because that individual had more money? That's where we are, as a country. America is great, isn't it?? And yet... Too many deaths. So much money, with so many inexcusable losses.

This is also very near and dear to me, as well as being personally effected by the terrible system we currently have to navigate.
Healthcare in no way should ever be a for-profit, there are always losers in a capitalist society and certain services and rights should never put profits over people - how is this any different than war profiteering which is illegal?
It’s even worse IMHO.
I have to go get my medicine at my Doctor’s office once a month for my arthritis because if I got it from the Pharmacy it would be impossibly expensive and would also drop me into the Medicare “donut hole” where I would have to pay 80% of cost which is also impossibly expensive.
Very silly and only shows the monetary waste (or profit for others I suppose).
Medical debt is the number one reason for bankruptcy in the US...how sad...especially when we also pay the most in the world and our quality of care is rated as 37th or somewhere around there.
I’m so tired of people being so apathetic and careless when it is proposed to cover everyone...everyone benefits...the only losers are those who have been fleecing the public for decades now.
It’s time we did away with them and prioritized the spending of our own tax money to benefit those who pay those taxes without leaving anyone high and dry.

Last edited:
Reactions: Wyote
Is an abomination. Fix it with Trump's tax cuts -- quick, before we cannot afford the basic necessities.

Reactions: Skarekrow
This guy is just an evil, racist, cruel, liar...

Jeff Sessions:
Chronic pain sufferers should ‘take an aspirin and tough it out’

http://realclearhealth.info/jeff-se...rers-should-take-an-aspirin-and-tough-it-out/
During an address at the U.S. Attorney’s office in Tampa, Florida this week, Attorney General Jeff Sessions said that people who suffer from chronic pain should simply “take an aspirin and tough it out.”

Sessions, whose opposition to medical marijuana is well known, attempted to tackle the subject of opioid addiction in the U.S., saying pharmaceutical companies are prescribing “too many opioids” — a sentiment that people from across the political spectrum would agree with.
But Sessions’ next statement demonstrated a profound misunderstanding and oversimplification of chronic pain sufferers.
“People need to take some aspirin sometimes and tough it out,” he said according to the Tampa Bay Times. “You can get through these things.”

Speaking to Tampa Bay Times, Academy of Integrative Pain Management executive director Bob Twillman said that Sessions’ comments prove that the Trump administration knows nothing about the subject of chronic pain.
“That remark reflects a failure to recognize the severity of pain of some patients,” Twillman said. “It’s an unconscionable remark. It further illustrates how out of touch parts of the administration are with opioids and pain management.”

In a speech at the Heritage Foundation this week, Sessions blamed the opioid crisis partly on marijuana in a rehash of the old ‘pot is a gateway drug’ theory.
“The DEA said that a huge percentage of the heroin addiction starts with prescriptions. That may be an exaggerated number; they had it as high as 80 percent,” Sessions said. “We think a lot of this is starting with marijuana and other drugs too.”While people’s first illicit drug is often marijuana, researchers have cautioned that there’s no solid evidence that marijuana use causes harder drug use. It’s possible, instead, that people use pot before other drugs simply because marijuana is more accessible than other illegal substances; after all, many people’s first drugs are alcohol or tobacco, which are both legal (for adults) and relatively easy to get, and we don’t assume that will lead to heroin use.

WATCH: ATTORNEY GENERAL JEFF SESSIONS SAYS HIS GOAL FOR 2018 IS TO SEE A FURTHER DECLINE IN PRESCRIPTIONS OF OPIOIDS, AND SAYS, “WE THINK A LOT OF THIS IS STARTING WITH MARIJUANA AND OTHER DRUGS.”

(Sessions obviously doesn’t have the slightest clue in his Kebbler elf shaped head and “brain”.
How dare such a person such as himself, and doing the things he is, claim to be a “Christian”...he’s a cruel, racist, and evil little man.)

This country is a sick joke and this is a good reason to pack up and leave however where to go is not always an easy choice, all that matters in this country anymore is money.

Reactions: Skarekrow
This country is a sick joke and this is a good reason to pack up and leave however where to go is not always an easy choice, all that matters in this country anymore is money.

Yep...it’s all about profits...for the insurers, the drug makers, device manufacturers, hospitals, doctors (not all), and every other way they have found to gouge people when they have no choice being ill or dying.
They are worse than war profiteers imho - which is illegal.
Being for-profit and healthcare services should never have been allowed to coexist with one another.
Capitalism has failed in this instance terribly.
(not that it does great in other areas besides making small percentages of our population uber-rich off the work of the the rest of society who work paycheck to paycheck)

The messed up part is you can replace the UK in that meme with a multitude of other countries who also actually attempt to take care of their citizenry.
There is no reason besides profits and $$$$ that is keeping us from having universal healthcare.
As in...we have the $$$$, but the priorities of those calling the shots is to make more $$$$ for themselves, not spend it helping those who’s taxes it was collected from in the first place.

13516679_10206679181197517_3340127908096093544_n.jpg

37054906_277482052987432_7598843177319006208_n.png

What an amazing and informative thread! I found another favorite. :) I am definitely looking forward to reading more of your posts Skare!

Unfortunately, the inequality of offering affordable healthcare for our fellow hardworking citizens is a definite issue that our country has to fix. It's absolutely obscene. Healthcare should be a right, not a luxury.

It's amazing what this little boy has done, but this is something that infuriates me. The fact that this child has to sell lemonade just to raise enough money to be able to help his parents pay off his brother's medical bills due to Krabbe's Disease screams a lot whats wrong in this country.

What an amazing and informative thread! I found another favorite. :) I am definitely looking forward to reading more of your posts Skare!

Unfortunately, the inequality of offering affordable healthcare for our fellow hardworking citizens is a definite issue that our country has to fix. It's absolutely obscene. Healthcare should be a right, not a luxury.

It's amazing what this little boy has done, but this is something that infuriates me. The fact that this child has to sell lemonade just to raise enough money to be able to help his parents pay off his brother's medical bills due to Krabbe's Disease screams a lot whats wrong in this country.

Exactly.
It IS really amazing that he and his community pulled together to help his brother, but there are people who are without any medical care now everywhere...there are people ready to file bankruptcy (so long as they haven’t already, in which case, they are screwed).
And our stupid Prez, and the GOP are still doing all they can to keep prices for healthcare propped up for their own benefit and the benefit of company shareholders.
All those other healthcare programs funded by tax dollars (Medicaid, Medicare, Social Security/Disability, Planned Parenthood, Mental heath and substance abuse programs, etc.) have to now be cut to pay for Trump’s $1.5 trillion + tax scam/giveaway to the rich.
You have no clue how insanely angry it makes me to see people suffer from curable medical conditions like Hep C, but the drug that cures it literally costs the same as a mortgage on a small home...so guess who isn’t going to be cured of Hep C and continue to suffer until they die from it?
Unnecessary!
That death, and any like it, is on their hands as far as I am concerned.
It is infuriating.

37528046_1802719226479218_3357073110024060928_n.png

Reactions: JennyDaniella