The Good News Thread... | INFJ Forum

The Good News Thread...

James

Infamy, infamy.. they've all got it infamy
Retired Staff
Dec 29, 2009
MBTI
INFJ
There seems to be a constant stream of bad news on tv. War, death, disease, famine, terror...

There is a bbc series called "Russell Howard's Good News" where he switches away from the "if it bleeds, its leads" philosophy of the news media, to pick up on the good things that are going on the world. It turns out there are quite a lot, in fact there's usually a load of ace stuff going on.

How about if there was a thread that captured some of this, some feel good news stories, things that made you laugh (or cry) or is just totally nuts, bizarre etc ?

I will freely confess I have totally stolen this idea from @Milktoast Bandit - but he's a good guy, so I think he will forgive me. If not I have a small carry on bag already packed, with my passport, toothbrush, and for fans of Douglas Adams, one good reliable towel. I think I can escape him...

There seems to be a constant stream of bad news on tv. War, death, disease, famine, terror...

There is a bbc series called "Russell Howard's Good News" where he switches away from the "if it bleeds, its leads" philosophy of the news media, to pick up on the good things that are going on the world. It turns out there are quite a lot, in fact there's usually a load of ace stuff going on.

How about if there was a thread that captured some of this, some feel good news stories, things that made you laugh (or cry) or is just totally nuts, bizarre etc ?

I will freely confess I have totally stolen this idea from @Milktoast Bandit - but he's a good guy, so I think he will forgive me. If not I have a small carry on bag already packed, with my passport, toothbrush, and for fans of Douglas Adams, one good reliable towel. I think I can escape him...

I was so close to making an "At least we're not ALL murdering each other" thread! Bravo! That forgiveness thing, I'll have to sleep on though...

Im dying of old age.

So the Olympics ceremony starts today ! Countries all over the world, meeting up to play sports, compete, battle, fight, win and lose, and... make friends.

Actually I've been watching a lot of the football (soccer) since Wednesday, so I'm two days into this already. @Milktoast Bandit has been totally rocking this thread with his awesome INFJ powers !!! Yahoo !! I'm loving it.

Here's one that maybe slipped through the net. You may think 'oh no not another lottery winner story' but this one has a twist. I suspect this family have been through a very turbulent time, but the great cosmic fates have intervened to lend a hand. I know there are those hard bitten 'T' types out there insisting on rationality.

Last season the football team I supported since I was a little kid, Leicester City, won the Premier League at 5000/1 outsiders. Trust me 'anything' can happen in this world, I've seen it. To me that was the equivalent of watching Kylie Minogue, knock out Mike Tyson in the first round for the world heavyweight title.

Come on @Asa @Kgal @Scientia @invisible et all, we can't leave this all to @Milktoast Bandit - if this were the Olympics he'd be a mile ahead on the medal table with all golds. We learn to accept losing in Britain, but we always aim to go down with a fight. Then we can pretend to have a 'stiff upper lip' - which oddly I think I've read was a USA expression - as we go back heads held high with no medals, hiding our tears...

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...n-pounds-monmouth-numbers-lucky-a7169876.html

<shy>(((Looks around for anything 'good newsy' to post)))</shy>
<sarcasm>Did you not see my dark and jaded post about Rowling in the other thread? Was that not good newsy enough for you?</sarcasm>

I ate vegan ice cream for lunch!

Wise decision? No. Happy decision - Yes!!!
Also, puppies exist. :D

<shy>(((Looks around for anything 'good newsy' to post)))</shy>
<sarcasm>Did you not see my dark and jaded post about Rowling in the other thread? Was that not good newsy enough for you?</sarcasm>

I ate vegan ice cream for lunch!

Wise decision? No. Happy decision - Yes!!!
Also, puppies exist. :D

I'm dying of giggle belly! ...or giggle titties, I have both

@Pleiades - Thanks for posting that!!! <3 ((I just passed it on to my extreme runner / dog obsessed friend.))
Dogs can see yellow well. My female is obsessed with yellow and steals anything yellow she finds. It is adorable.