The experience of having a rare personality type | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

The experience of having a rare personality type

I don't like it, tired of beeing looked at as an odd, strange, different. Don't wonna be a black sheep, just a sheep. If I had a choice, I woud never ever take a red pill, don't wonna know how deep the rabbit hole goes. I only have one real friend, can't find a "soul mate". People do want me everywhere, everyone wants to hang with me, girls really like me but no one actually knows me. Surrounded by people but feeling extremly lonely. Tired of another one problems, don't wonna walk in their shoes.

Thats only a present moment mood but it's here very often..

My second grade teacher asked me in front of the class to pick up a piece of chalk. Taking everyone back a moment, I used to make my sevens with a little drop down from the top. It went right, down at an angle, but I then added a small line where I started from pointing down. Going back to the front of the room, my teacher asked this little boy to show the class how to properly draw the number seven. Naturally, I left off the hanger. She then asked me to show the class, with her teeth closed, how NOT to draw a seven. I then showed my drop down seven.

I...uh...I'm trying to think how to say this. This...wow. That makes me so indignant. To show the class the "proper way" to draw a seven. I'm into graphology (handwriting analysis) and there is truly NO correct way to write anything, as long as it can be read, more or less. There's different traits. But simply her arrogance. Why I oughta...xD

Sure didn't take much to know something was amiss...The military sometimes draws a horizontal line through the slanted vertical, but I didn't know that back then. Good for her.

I wanted to see her smile again, and let her know I didn't care about how she looked. I took a razor to my mouth and made myself match. Funny she couldn't stand the sight of me even though I accepted her when she looked like that, so she left. Now I'm always smiling.

You really did that? The thing with the razor... like the Joker...I'm really curious!

Definitely not the rarest type online!!! :D

I think actually the rarest type (IRL) is the female INTJ.

I present to you....myself. xD

Well. I'm only the second rarest MBTI type according to super serious science research. Still, I feel like a fragile butterfly caught in the grubby hands of the *shudder* commoners. No matter how many times I explain my specialness they just don't get it.

I'm so misunderstood. *sob*

Ah, evidence? I've found time and time again that INFJ, no subtypes/other demographics involved, is the rarest MB type. I know it's widely accepted and escalates even further due to that. Something one needs to be cautious of...

Ah, evidence? I've found time and time again that INFJ, no subtypes/other demographics involved, is the rarest MB type. I know it's widely accepted and escalates even further due to that. Something one needs to be cautious of...

My whole life I knew I was different. I could think and feel and see things that I knew other people could only dream of. Whenever I would try to explain my divine insights, I would invariably be sneered at or mocked or shunned by my lesser peers. I learned that in this world chock-full of the simple-minded and the morally bankrupt, I am superior; therefore, I suffer.

There are other types similar to myself -- such as the other NFs and the NTs. But I soon learned that even they could not understand me -- INFJ alone is free from the restraints imposed by social groups, restraints the ENFs have to contend with their entire lives, and which unfortunately taint their perceptions, which might otherwise be very original, deep, and unique, like my own. Of all the types, INFPs are closest to understanding me -- but let's be real, they only wish they were me.

The NTs, especially the INTs, I have found to be very intelligent and all those nice things, but they have their own shackles, imperceptible to them, that tie down their imaginations with a terrible weight -- namely, logic and knowledge. If not for this colossal shortcoming, they might be as wise and supernatural and omniscient as I am. It's a terrible waste, if you ask me -- they can build their little robots and play with their little calculators and construct weapons of mass destruction the likes of which the world has never seen -- but they still can't plumb the depths of the mysteries of the universe like I can, because, you see, I am by my very nature above the trifles that are logic and scientific knowledge. What need does an INFJ like me have for such frivolous things? Why, none at all.

I could never explain this difference to myself, the difference between myself and other people -- I just knew it was there. Then one day I came across a beautiful and ingenious system that could finally explain to me what I am and why I am this way. This system corroborated all the hunches I'd had throughout my whole life -- that I am superior and the rarest type of all. This system is the peerless Myers-Briggs Type Indicator, and my type is INFJ, the rarest of all types.

Life is not easy for me, but this is a fact I have grown to accept after a lifetime of weary marching. I suspect I am the only true INFJ -- people on the internet claim to have gotten this result on their own tests, or through their own research, but I believe them to be wannabes keen on bolstering their self-esteem by associating with a rare and elusive personality type like my own. Will I ever meet another like myself? I cannot say. But I hope I do, because that way I will know I am not alone in this impossibly large universe, and to meet a mind on my own wavelength would perhaps allow me to, for once, connect with another human being.

But such an event would be miraculous, and I can only conclude that to harbor such a hope would be beyond sanguine. No, I am alone. I alone am unique. I alone am special. I am INFJ.

My whole life I knew I was different. I could think and feel and see things that I knew other people could only dream of. Whenever I would try to explain my divine insights, I would invariably be sneered at or mocked or shunned by my lesser peers. I learned that in this world chock-full of the simple-minded and the morally bankrupt, I am superior; therefore, I suffer.

There are other types similar to myself -- such as the other NFs and the NTs. But I soon learned that even they could not understand me -- INFJ alone is free from the restraints imposed by social groups, restraints the ENFs have to contend with their entire lives, and which unfortunately taint their perceptions, which might otherwise be very original, deep, and unique, like my own. Of all the types, INFPs are closest to understanding me -- but let's be real, they only wish they were me.

The NTs, especially the INTs, I have found to be very intelligent and all those nice things, but they have their own shackles, imperceptible to them, that tie down their imaginations with a terrible weight -- namely, logic and knowledge. If not for this colossal shortcoming, they might be as wise and supernatural and omniscient as I am. It's a terrible waste, if you ask me -- they can build their little robots and play with their little calculators and construct weapons of mass destruction the likes of which the world has never seen -- but they still can't plumb the depths of the mysteries of the universe like I can, because, you see, I am by my very nature above the trifles that are logic and scientific knowledge. What need does an INFJ like me have for such frivolous things? Why, none at all.

I could never explain this difference to myself, the difference between myself and other people -- I just knew it was there. Then one day I came across a beautiful and ingenious system that could finally explain to me what I am and why I am this way. This system corroborated all the hunches I'd had throughout my whole life -- that I am superior and the rarest type of all. This system is the peerless Myers-Briggs Type Indicator, and my type is INFJ, the rarest of all types.

Life is not easy for me, but this is a fact I have grown to accept after a lifetime of weary marching. I suspect I am the only true INFJ -- people on the internet claim to have gotten this result on their own tests, or through their own research, but I believe them to be wannabes keen on bolstering their self-esteem by associating with a rare and elusive personality type like my own. Will I ever meet another like myself? I cannot say. But I hope I do, because that way I will know I am not alone in this impossibly large universe, and to meet a mind on my own wavelength would perhaps allow me to, for once, connect with another human being.

But such an event would be miraculous, and I can only conclude that to harbor such a hope would be beyond sanguine. No, I am alone. I alone am unique. I alone am special. I am INFJ.

*nod-nod* I've begun to understand the transcendent function and studying further into that. This is a big problem with NTs. Or NFs. Or anyone really who strongly asserts their preference of one bipole over the other but the Feeling/Thinking is the most common, I've discovered. Because...you can try and deny that realm, but you are really ignoring half of the universe. This world is made of logic and emotion. The society and the person. Personally, I've had a problem with this. Denying emotion's all together and becoming hardened (internally) to other people's expression of such. I am using logic to pull myself out of this. Emotions exist, whether I like them or not. Denying them isn't...haha, it isn't going to change a thing! And this is where the transcedant function ties it. Jung's proposed solution to this imbalance of one preferance over another, is to not be attached to either but to use them both. Giving each a deserving and equal wait.
To which I freaked out a little bit because then the best psychologically is the XXXX. And then we are all the same. I don't want that. I have a little Fi rebelling against Jung's(INFJ) Fe there. But it's going to come sooner or later, if we live long enough. The lower two, more unconscious functions, tertiary and inferior, will become developed. The longer they are in the dark and the further away they are from the light, the more balance, peace, and general happiness will fade. And how much would my skills be increased? With my mind combined with a heart, I could truly build the perfect system, perfected in the ways of cohesion and toward the individual.

I actually have another person just like me, and more than in type. We knew about each other most of our lives but decided to hang out for two days. We discovered how alike we were mentally. It was...creepy but amazing. She is more mature than I and had a made a mistake recently that needed correcting but she learned a lot of herself. Including moving on from the denial of emotions, although she's still tempted to. In general, and she always has been, more altruistic than I and the "surface items" of our lives differ. We're two different people, after all. However, we share the same mind. If you ever do find this person, let me tell you it will be one of the most stunning experiences of your life. ^.^

Godalmighty. I don't think I could possibly handle meeting someone just like me. It would be EXHAUSTING! I would know all the mean thoughts funning through his head before he had a chance to squelch them, and if we couldn't coordinate our respective periods of "need alone time, please," we'd be two turtles bumping shells:)

I was different from the time I was really tiny. I got locked out of my preschool because I was daydreaming and didnt hear the bell. Took em more than four hours to realize I was missing. I knew my dad's real father died on a power line when I was about six, but no one had told me this. They hadn't even ever told me that my grandpa was Grandmas second husband.

I used to hate being different. I thought I was crazy. I found being me incredibly tiring. All those hunches that were never wrong warring with my love of clean, pretty logic. I hated that I was so easily hurt, and absolutely opposed to ever showing it.

But the older I get, the more glad I am that I'm different. It's a pain in the ass being almost completely incapable of lying, but it's nice to be able to know immediately who is posturing; insincere.

I know I can be mean as sin. I can also be unusually compassionate, and have found that I know how and when to shut up and let someone cry. And I'm glad I've gained enough wisdom to be able to sheathe my claws around those who would be hurt by them...and also to be able to apologize genuinely when I make a mistake.

I like that I can write things that make people cry, and still do math.

Maybe I'm not INFJ. All those Briggs-Meyers tests and descriptions with which I so strongly identify could be my own self -delusion.

But I'm weird, that is inarguable. And I sort of like it:)

You really did that? The thing with the razor... like the Joker...I'm really curious!

hahaha you're the first one to get the joke. none of that was true, i was doing an impression of the joker.

Joke sucked

There are but two kinds of people in this world: those who are INFJ, and those who wish they were INFJ.

According to this logic, I don't exist.

Time to start thread: The experience of not existing

I don't think INFJs are as rare as we're lead to believe; hard to identify, maybe, but they're the "ninja" type: blending into the crowed.

According to this logic, there's a 50/50 chance I exist.

Is that because you half-wish you were INFJ? You enjoy the idea of being able to exercise telepathy and mind-reading, to know first-hand of the existence of unicorns, for instance, but don't like the idea of being burdened by great and terrible wisdom, or of living a life pervaded by loneliness and rejection by your lesser peers? Perhaps you want the sheer fun without the tantamount responsibility?

Reactions: Radiantshadow
There are but two kinds of people in this world: those who are INFJ, and those who wish they were INFJ.

According to this logic, I don't exist.

Is that because you half-wish you were INFJ? You enjoy the idea of being able to exercise telepathy and mind-reading, to know first-hand of the existence of unicorns, for instance, but don't like the idea of being burdened by great and terrible wisdom, or of living a life pervaded by loneliness and rejection by your lesser peers? Perhaps you want the sheer fun without the tantamount responsibility?

Types of people = "INFJ" or "wish to be INFJ"
else if("doesn't exist")

me = either INFJ, or not. Does not wish to be.

Either i fall into INFJ or the if of "does not exist."

Why would anyone want to be an INFJ? It's kind of a pain in the ass, and growing up is generally protracted and painful. I've grown to like being whatever I am, but that's just because I sort of had no choice in the matter ;-)

Rarest yes but 1 for every 100 people you see isn't too rare.

Exactly. I mean, like in my entire highschool there are five INFJs approx (it's a small town and that's only the 14-18 demographic). That's still uncommon but you'll run into one every now and then. (I've met and identified 4 and had them confide in me in my short, short life). And if you are really that concerned about being "rare"...you're probably a Fi-user.

Last edited: