The end is nigh (Star Wars the Old Republic) | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

The end is nigh (Star Wars the Old Republic)

Neither was I. I was just mentioning it because it fits into the category of more movie than game. Even the gameplay is more movie-like than game-like with the auto-combat feature.

Well at later levels you'd be shifting paradigms like crazy, unlike FFXII where you could do nothing other than hold the thumbsick in one direction.

Well at later levels you'd be shifting paradigms like crazy, unlike FFXII where you could do nothing other than hold the thumbsick in one direction.

Ehhh... I didn't find that to be true. I beat the game and only had 2 paradigm schemes in total that I actually used by the time the game decided to give me total access to the party members. While I was still in the split stages of the game, I'd have at most 3. Regardless, the paradigm system really doesn't make up for how uninvolved you are during combat... you can just press X (or whatever button on the 360) repeatedly, and you'd probably win as long as you didn't let your health get too low. I found the game actually encouraged that because of how long it took to select your stacked actions yourself. At least XII made you think about what you were doing in combat from start to finish.

The only thing worse about XIII is it's getting a sequel.

Reactions: Barnabas
Ehhh... I didn't find that to be true. I beat the game and only had 2 paradigm schemes in total that I actually used by the time the game decided to give me total access to the party members. While I was still in the split stages of the game, I'd have at most 3. Regardless, the paradigm system really doesn't make up for how uninvolved you are during combat... you can just press X (or whatever button on the 360) repeatedly, and you'd probably win as long as you didn't let your health get too low. I found the game actually encouraged that because of how long it took to select your stacked actions yourself. At least XII made you think about what you were doing in combat from start to finish.

The only thing worse about XIII is it's getting a sequel.

Really? I got to the open area bit and things just got too hard.

Speak never more of that horrid game

Be ready. This game is going to be a WoW clone, but it is going to be a well done WoW clone with Lightsabers and space combat.
i am totally with VH on this :) i've always loved Star Wars!

i play quite enough WoW already...

I have mixed feelings about this game. It's great that they continue with the KOTOR timeage but I fear that the storytelling, which in my opinion was the best thing with the KOTOR series, will be diminished.
And the feeling that you're not the sole heroic savior or wrecker of the galaxy but one of the millions of jedis grinding through caves makes me ambivalent..

Well I guess I'll stock up noodles for a month anyway and give it a try:)