The Amazing Atheist | Page 6 | INFJ Forum

The Amazing Atheist

Quite true. (I wish more people realized this.) As TAA himself has acknowledged, Thunderf00t is the best at picking apart arguments and refuting them with thoroughness. He does not try to put on a performance or use a lot of humor; he just digs up a lot of facts and figures to debunk whatever has been presented.
TAA, by contrast, has a very different style of "ownage", in which a lot of time is devoted to putting a humorous spin on the arguments and insults. Often half the things he says are not really serious, but those who are familiar with him understand the difference.

If you're looking for a happy medium, I'd suggest Tooltime9901. He's grossly under-subscribed.

True that, true that. However, in terms of awesomeness Tf00t still the best! CDK007 is also grossly undersubscribed. I subscribed Tooltime, he's hilarious!

Frequently the only amazing thing about atheists is their "I'm the smartest thing in the universe" comportment. Other than that, they are just like most any other person with their own set of beliefs that they generally stick to both zealously and dogmatically. Atheist, simply and ironically, are just the most unconventional religious zealots.

Way to generalize a huge group of people. Besides, there's an important difference between a zealous atheist and a religious zealot: only one of these groups ignores evidence.

And I'm not saying that all atheists, or even most of them, are smart and funny. Some are, whereas others are annoying and childish pricks. Just like in any other group of people. I think TAA has a bit of both to him.

Frequently the only amazing thing about atheists is their "I'm the smartest thing in the universe" comportment.

I'm an atheist and I don't believe that I'm the smartest thing in the universe, nor do I believe that Humanity is the smartest thing in the universe. As an atheist based on science rather than belief, which basically means I didn't come to this as a disappointed Christian, I am open minded to the existence of alien species and hidden intelligences.

It's possible that the Asgard Race (SG) exists and they are quite obviously far more intelligent than us. Even if they didn't, Species 8472 (ST) was again more intelligent than humanity.

Other than that, they are just like most any other person with their own set of beliefs that they generally stick to both zealously and dogmatically.

Atheism is a lack of belief. We don't have beliefs. That's what Atheism means.

[youtube]qs3RKZjSzYg[/youtube]

Atheist, simply and ironically, are just the most unconventional religious zealots.

Not at all. Some might be, but they're generally simply people who are either; unhappy with the religion they really, believe in (notable for singlemindedly attacking one religion and ignoring the possible validity of other religions, or, are pissed off with the simple minded stupidity and irrationality with which retarded theists live their lives attempting to force their beliefs and morality onto others.

That doesn't mean that all Atheists are like this. If we were to judge all members of a group by what some did or do, then all catholics are genocidal mass murderers who create their own concentration camps to wipe out greek and russian orthodox, as well as jewish people. Or that American Christians are serial killers who focus on Abortion Doctors.

Clearly this isn't the case. You're misdefining Atheism.